Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
MP Noobs & Vets: Rise of the AI Menace. EA, BI. Game Over. Team ACGHHS wins! - Page 120 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 1st, 2010, 10:37 AM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs & Vets: Rise of the AI Menace. EA, BI, Running.

22 of his commanders got away. I feel ripped off.

Ordinarily, I'd say something choice about a Niefel Jarl (they come with leather pants!) and a Sauromatian Witch King bent over a log. I hope he likes it cold!

Instead, I'll say: thank you for choosing Easy-Slay(TM).
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old February 1st, 2010, 10:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

Stagger Lee is on a distinguished road

I'm feeling a little ripped off myself. All those dead Melquarts, and I only got one item for it!
Old February 1st, 2010, 03:09 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPraetorious View Post
22 of his commanders got away. I feel ripped off.

Ordinarily, I'd say something choice about a Niefel Jarl (they come with leather pants!) and a Sauromatian Witch King bent over a log. I hope he likes it cold!

Instead, I'll say: thank you for choosing Easy-Slay(TM).
You feel ripped off? I had one Niefl Jarl down to single digit hp repeatedly and could never manage the final blow. That is aggravating.

Solar Brilliance, very nice btw.
Old February 1st, 2010, 06:55 PM

First Lieutenant

Agema is on a distinguished road

Guys -

Apology from me. I had to move house, with the date was arranged quite suddenly. I had asked for a replacement for a while to cover potentially up to the end of January and had planned to sort some stuff out over the weekend of the 15th but my broadband died, which is why I disappeared very suddenly. Then with the hassles of moving and reconnecting, I've only just managed to get back.

Looks like you've had fun without me - I'm sure I'll catch you all round in other games.
Old February 1st, 2010, 11:33 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

I think your team still needs you agema
Lanka is still in position to make significant contributions.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 04:29 AM

First Lieutenant

Agema is on a distinguished road

Well, I can see what I can do. Should be able to brew up a bit of damage.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:17 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road

I've received requests for either a 12 or 24 hour delay so I'm going to put 24 hours on the clock just in case some or all of it may be needed.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).
Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:18 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Recently, I had a chance to sit down with the courageous and daring Algae Nymph, Captain of the Blessed Ones team. Algae, was kind enough to take some time from his busy schedule to answer a few questions for us.

SS: Captain Nymph (if you don't mind me calling you that), your team The Blessed Ones have been categorized as something of a dark horse, an odd-man-out sort of team in this game and the oddsmakers had squarely placed them in last place prior to the game. Due you feel this is an accurate/fair depiction of your team?

AN: Yes and no. Yes, we're last place now. However, I expected us to do better considering my simplistic strategy of stealthed bless rushers. A competent AI was a surprise, as was the cramped geography. That my units didn't follow the battle script half of the time didn't help. Tir'Na'Nog seems well enough, most likely due to Immaculate (the previous player) actually purchasing non-commander units.

SS: Also, you have been lauded for your bravery in donning the mantle of leadership when others would not, do you think this courage extends to your team as a whole?

AN: I don't believe you intended that to be a loaded question. You do know how it'll look if I say 'no'? Nonetheless, I wouldn't call my teammates cowardly either.

SS: Have you found the position of team Captain difficult or challenging in any way? And if so how?

AN: Being captain means more communication, which is a bit of a bother. I'm just glad I didn't get involved in that rollback drama, thankfully a non-issue for my team.

SS: On a scale of 1-10, (10 being most likely) how likely do you rate your team's chances at winning?

AN: It'll be a learning experience if we win, so I'll say 2.

SS: Thanks for your time, you are a wonderful asset to the community and I am sure everyone appreciates your efforts.

AN: Or if not that then at least my temperament.

-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).
Old February 3rd, 2010, 04:10 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Indeed Algaenymph, you have a most appreciable temperament. I was really expecting your team to do better as well, as I believe I may have said a time or two in the past. The makeup of your team isn't really inspiring for the late game or path diversity, but what you do, you do very well. I guess hinnom is proving to be a tough nut to crack, as his giants tend to escape even when they lose. Of course there are also turns like that last one . You could still maybe make a comeback, though I fear TC may be irretrievably lost at this point.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old February 3rd, 2010, 03:03 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

I think I might incorporate some of the essential elements of Belac's idea mole/mafia concept into game 2.

As you know, I've been searching for more ways to empower the non-particpant/supporting players in the game and hold their interest. I think creating a seperate exclusive forum where team alternates (8 in number) and team advisors (4 in number) will be able to mix might be an intriguing idea along this vein.

This Black Market forum, could be the place where these 12 can do deals, conduct inter-team diplomacy, exchange intel, gather intel, trade items, spread propaganda, misinformation, etc.

By giving the team alternates and team advisors power over inter-team diplomacy and relations, these often left our players could in fact become more powerful than the 4 participating players on each team. Of course much of this could and probably should be handled via PMs, but advertisements for items for sale, trade offerings and so forth could be posted on such a forum.

So now a team advisor who feels he is being ignored by his team, can have a way to "correct" their behaviour if so inclined. Alternates now become very important as well. Of course people can play it honest and true, but the option of course is always there. Now the only question is will alternates and advisors have the time or inclination to do this.

I might set it up as a standalone forum or locate it within a seperate neutral forum. I want to call it either Belac's Black Market or The Deva's Den.

Comments/suggestions?