.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 27th, 2009, 09:37 PM

Corporal

Anthropos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Setsumi - LA game, upload pretenders!

Not to interrupt all this fascinating diplomacy, but unfortuantely the maji of Caelum have been called to the north reagions know as Ca'Naidia and will be in transit for a few days with uncertain internet.

I would like to request that hosting the next turn be postponed until monday the 31st, 6pm PST.
Hopefully even in the chill lands to the north, some AC power and effective internet will be found and I may get the turn in sooner.

Anthropos of Caelum
Old August 28th, 2009, 04:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

Ossa is on a distinguished road

@SciencePro: Could you plz respond to me via pm or in this forum?
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

Ossa is on a distinguished road

Nice work Zeldor. I'll try to remember that. Did you know we were NAPed?
Old September 3rd, 2009, 11:35 PM

First Lieutenant

Kuritza is on a distinguished road

So, could anyone update me on the situation?

As far as I understand, Rlyeh for metagaming reasons backstabbed Marignon, the only player with a border to Ermor who was sane enough to try and actually fight him. Since Rlyeh thwarted the only nation that was fighting Ermor with *some* success, Ermor is gonna crush it too; in other words, Rlyeh is supporting the clear winner.

I think Baalz missed something in his 'good players pledge'. Truth told, we can declare Zeldor a winner already.
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:37 AM

Sergeant

Juffos is on a distinguished road

R'lyeh, you should read this, it's from the Zebra thread:

"3. The diplomacy is not bound to any ethical rules, you may under no circumstance start metagame whining about broken deals, channel that anger into some roleplayed vendettas instead."

What you are doing is wrong, why do you do this thing?

I would also like to end this game already. If any of you believe to have any possibility of hindering Ermor's growth, PM me.
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:47 AM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

For me it all looks just like Marignon propaganda. From what I know R'lyeh got a new player and he was not informed about any treaties. I as Ermor had no idea that R'lyeh has any agreements with Marignon - rather contrary. I know there were some strange things happening early on that unfortunately were not checked by llamabeast [2 R'lyeh pretenders ?]. I also know that Marignon took some provinces from R'lyeh when he was staling, before new player took over. Maybe they got raided by Atlantis AI and Marignon would give them back to R'lyeh, but I cannot tell if there was offer like that. I can only speak for what I know and saw. R'lyeh and Marignon should write here - I just don't agree with saying bad stuff about R'lyeh only because he subbed into the game and is not according like some people would expect to.

P.S. Marignon killed over 500 of my troops in one battle

LA Agartha guide
Old September 4th, 2009, 03:28 AM

First Lieutenant

It may be a Marignon propaganda, or it may not, it doesnt matter.

Fact if fact - nobody tries to stop Ermor. Unchecked, growing Ermor becomes unstoppable. Its like 2 x 2. Zeldor, I enjoyed your propaganda in the ingame messages, because its in-character and funny. )) But dont try it here, dont insult our intelligence.

Rlyeh just thwarted the only player who tried to do something. He doesnt do that to win, because he wont stand the chance against Ermor either. Metagaming is such a metagaming.
Old September 4th, 2009, 03:50 AM

General

Well, I really cannot judge the situation. I am not impressed with all that Ermor threat, but surely I am way less vulnerable now than few turns ago. I lost a lot of provs to Marignon when he attacked me [I was stretched out, no armies nearby, no Rigor Mortis].

You are telling that people don't want to help Marignon fight me. But why would they want to help Marignon win? He has artifacts, elemantal royalty, unique summons, bloodhunting, research, etc. So someone would have to help him do tough war against me, just to get attacked by Marignon later?

P.S. Just looked at score graphs, it looks a bit more in my favor, I will admit that. 43 forts and more troops that other players combined.

LA Agartha guide

Last edited by Zeldor; September 4th, 2009 at 04:10 AM..
Old September 4th, 2009, 04:15 AM

First Lieutenant

Zeldor........... I begged you to stop this propaganda war, didnt I? Sigh.

Because its possible to stop Marignon. He doesnt have TONS of freespawn, his unique summons arent THAT scary, etc etc. Marignon is just another nation. I know I will have a fair chance of stopping him, should the need arise.
But you cant stop an overgrown Ermor. When people say that LA Ermor becomes unstoppable when not ganged upon, they mean it. Look at the graphs, they are self-explaining. Look at the Hall of fame, who's won the most games in the late age.

You did a good job convincing everyone that you are not scary at all, you really want to be allowed to consume all nations one by one. I understand that wish of yours, who doesnt want an easy victory. But please, when you feed me with such obvious nonsense, I can help feeling insulted.
Old September 4th, 2009, 04:22 AM

General

Oh well, are not game threads a part of propaganda? If not, then sorry But I really feel lucky not to have you as my neighbour But few turns ago if Marignon player wanted, I'd have happily switched nations as I really thought he is in better position [I know, I know, switching does not happen and is not fair, but still].

Anyway, Marignon should say something here to solve our dilemma

LA Agartha guide