.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old March 4th, 2007, 09:54 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road
Default Raid on the Reactor

I have slapped together a hypothetical raid by Israel on an Iranian nuclear facility.. I have a question though. When putting objective flags for a commando follow-up, an objective flag appeared in the upper left hand side and I could now get rid of it. Does anyone know why it would appear there or how to get rid of it? I have modifie the IDF OBAT so I have added it too.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 501148-Reactor.zip (63.1 KB, 239 views)
Old March 11th, 2007, 04:29 PM

Sergeant

Default Re: Raid on the Reactor

Anyone have an answer to the flag question?
Old March 12th, 2007, 06:20 PM

Corporal

loktarr is on a distinguished road

You can at least suppress any effects with a value of 0. Under 5 points, the AI will ignore the flag, if I remember correctly.
Loktarr
Old March 13th, 2007, 05:29 PM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

I've had time to look up you scenario in the editor (yes, killed all the surprise, sadly).
May I ask how you set up your objective flags? It turns out that the spot on the top-left contains your objective flags #3 to 19 (out of 22), all but 3 being flagged for player 1 (Israel) with a value of 0.
If we're talking about the same thing (hex 2,2, coordinates show up by cursor hover in the top red bar), it looks like not all of your objective hexes were set up in the end, or maybe you tried changing the map size after setting them?

Anyhow, as far as I've seen (excluding any bug specific to your system), you can correct that by selecting all the loose flags and placing them on top of the ones you already have changed (in the buildings). You can set no limit of victory hexes in the same spot.
Use the P (previous) and N (next) keys to make sure you have cycled through all of the hexes.

As far as I know, IA movement will be affected by the V-hexes from value 80 upwards (hex value under 80 will be ignored) so you can use them as kind of waypoints.
Given the nature of your scenario, you may want to give a really high value to most of these, I'd say overwhelmingly more than the units' value, so they are the real victory objective (not just turkey-shooting Pasdarans).

just my 2c, hope that helps
Old March 15th, 2007, 01:41 PM

Sergeant

Thanks for the replies...

I have never built a scenario... so this is my 1st attempt after playing the game since 1996 or so. When I was designing the map I noticed a flag just off the top left hand side of the map. When I went to place the flags, this flag moved to where it is now. I placed the 3 other victory flags, but couldn't remove the one or as you found out 19 other flags. Is there a way to limit the number of victory flags? I guess 22 is the default?? It seems a few of the pasdaran do head up to the 2,2 flag... Maybe if I move the other 19 on top of the 3 victory hexes I want that will get rid of the top ones... I will have to try that when I get home.

Thanks for the advice.. I will tweak to point values as well.
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:54 PM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

There are 22 victory flags, no less, no more, no editing...
As I told you, if you want less, just pile them over on the same hex. Make sure all those on the same hex belong to the same country, for purely logical reasons. If the ones you pile over have a null value, the end result will be the same as if they weren't there in the first place.
In the "edit victory objectives" (scenario screen, hit deploy then press 'Z'), first click where you want the first flag to be, edit its parameters (country, value), then hit 'N', screen centers on flag #2, click where you want to put it, start over again while following the flag number in the top red bar.

Also, given the nature of your scenario, may I give you a bit of advice to prevent the Pasdarans from running all around the place. If you're ready to rebuild your scenario, save your map someplace, create a new scenario (version 2 of the current), and before buying and deploying any unit, change the engagement rules to "player 1 assault" or something. Then buy and deploy your Pasdarans first and entrench them all, they will be harder to spot and hit.
Old March 15th, 2007, 09:15 PM

Sergeant

thanks alot... I fixed the flag issue. I will play with the redeployment and entrenching of the Iranians and re-try it... I will re-uplaod the 2nd version later.
Old March 16th, 2007, 10:02 PM

Sergeant

Here is version 2.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 504873-Reactor.zip (63.1 KB, 164 views)
Old March 25th, 2007, 02:51 PM

Sergeant

PlasmaKrab took my basic scenario and kicked it up a notch... Here is it. It is alot harder than the original one I did. A very nice improvement
Attached Files
File Type: zip 507074-198-Reactor-V3.zip (43.3 KB, 302 views)