.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 19th, 2009, 07:13 PM

Sergeant

Lavaere is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Noobs vs. Vets II: Mysterio's Revenge, EA, CBM, Game running.

no no, excessive talking is perfectly fine. you've just been neglecting to report on army composition and deployment about veterans to the rest of us
Old April 19th, 2009, 07:54 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Of course Lavaere, how neglectful of me. I will be sure and post all vet deployments and troop composition in the future

to wit: Niefelheim has 42 Jarls in the field, with over 800 skinshifters. I will defer stating the other vet team members forces, until they give me the OK. Though their numbers are similar to Niefs.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:12 AM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road

Dont tell them my army composition. We don't want them to get a clue about those glamoured amphibious indies I found before it's too late, remember?
Old April 20th, 2009, 08:45 AM

Sergeant

LumenPlacidum is on a distinguished road

Hi. I'm not going to be able to get this turn in in time because I have to get off to work. Can we delay hosting for 12 hours? I might get it in before then, but that will leave me until tonight to submit it. Sorry for requesting the delay, but I simply couldn't do the turn before tonight.

I'll also send a PM to the administrator of the game.
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:19 AM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road

And I rushed home from work just to get a revision in on time... :/

Can't be helped, hope admins are awake.
Old April 20th, 2009, 04:27 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Heheh sept: welcome to the world of hosting a game. It is a thankless job, I know it

So on that note, let me just take a minute to thank you for putting the game together. I'm having a good time and it looks to be some interesting wars brewing up here too! So, thanks!

And dont lose any sleep over the setting mistake either. Nothing ever comes out 100% right in a hosted game, there is always some problems and you just have to live with them. Another thing to keep in mind is that two of the people who complained most about the events thing were Arch and Namad - and they arent even in the game.
Old April 20th, 2009, 04:51 PM

Lieutenant General

archaeolept is on a distinguished road

WTF? how is it relevant to an argument or an issue whether or not I am in a game? And any complaint I made was not about the setting, since why would I care, but the atrocious attitude Severus displayed.

now, I had my say, and it would have stayed dead, but Ironhawk seems to feel the need to stir the pot.

As it stands, the previous game's results are vitiated by the settings issue, and any subsequent noobs vs. vets game would I think be in dubious standings if organized by the same personage.

My statement about the settings issue:
Quote:
ah yes, that's not at all kosher. any settings other than standard (and almost no games are ever played w/ rare events) need to be explicitly stated. oh well - I guess the vets are playing w/ a disadvantage
What about this do you feel is incorrect Ironhawk? Do you feel such settings do not need to be explicitly stated? ie., like wtf.

I made that one 3 line post, and another of about equal length concerning Severus' attitude. I fail to see how that qualifies me for being the one who "complains the most".

Now, if you want to suck up to Severus in order to make him feel all valued and all, that's quite fine. Just leave me the hell out of it.
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:11 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by archaeolept View Post
WTF? how is it relevant to an argument or an issue whether or not I am in a game?
Uhh... Because if you arent in the game then it doesnt effect you in any way? You could think it was the best decision or the worst decision - but if you arent directly involved in the impact then Sept doesnt need to worry about your complaint.

Personally I think Sept is running a decent game for being a new hoster. If you dont then just dont sign up for his next one. There's no need to rant about it in the game thread.
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:40 PM

Lieutenant General

archaeolept is on a distinguished road

as was indicated, my comment was neither a litany of complaints, nor a rant. You decided to flame me as part of some pathetic attempt to pander to Severus. What, I ask again, do you feel was incorrect in my statement? I am surely open to modifying my stance if you would be so kind as to show my mistake.

To think that whether one should "worry about a complaint" is unrelated to the validity of said "complaint" is the worst kind of soft thinking. My position in this, ie. my status ad hominem, is irrelevant.
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:44 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Oh, Sept wanted me to post a running commentary on the game I think. Well, here goes.

Vets continue to roll, pathetic Noobs are reeling.

I occasionally post something useful.