.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 6th, 2007, 03:59 PM

Major General

Gregstrom is on a distinguished road
Default Lanka pretender design/strategy

So I chose Lanka for an MP game because to my mind the only thing funnier than a nation of monkeys is a nation of demon monkeys... Now I have to think about strategy, and there's no guide on the forums (AFAIK) to kick me off.

I've looked at them a bit in SP and it strikes me that they have very nice sacreds, and lots available. So maybe some sort of Bless strategy is a good idea.

My rather fuzzy thoughts are:
Options for paths:
1: Get good blesses for the sacreds. Options I've considered here are E9 (might be a good one for survivability, especially for Kala-Mukha Warriors), F4W4 (the sacreds already have good Attack and Defence - adding even 2 should put them up with a lot of good summons), N6 or N8 (regen would stack with other blesses, but I'm not sure I want Berserk).

2: Go rainbow for the site searches in paths Lanka doesn't start with (Fire, Water, Earth, Astral). Going high enough in some of these could mesh with idea 1.

3: Go high in some of Lanka's national paths, to extract better value from summons they'd be using anyway. This doesn't give many good blesses though.

Secondly, Dominion. I have less ideas here.

A: It seems that a good Growth scale is beneficial for Blood nations, so G2 or G3 may be good.

B:I like Turmoil 3/Luck 3, and can see advantages in this for some Blood spells, but I suspect that Lanka will need all the income it can scrape together for their costly Sacreds. OTOH, Order 3/Misfortune 3 can be awkward with Lanka's poor PD not being much protection against the inevitable Barbarian invasions.

C: Productivity seems a better idea than Sloth, as Lanka's good units are demanding on Resources. Points have to come from somewhere though, and maybe Sloth is survivable...

Overall strategy I think has to involve lots of Blood, for the summons. I think, though, that one needs a good income at the same time for the Kala-Mukhas you can buy so many of.

Can anyone with experience of Lanka add anything to this, or resolve any of my dilemmas?

Want to use multiple mods? The Mod Compatibility Index might be useful.