.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 11th, 2012, 02:40 PM

Corporal

shunwick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Primordial Cake - [Game In Progress]

This is the Voice of Pythium

In an announcement from the Halls of Workers, Comrade General Secretary Vsevolod confirmed the news that the realm of Marignon has fallen to the Empire of Atlantis. He paid tribute the brave defenders of Marignon and expressed great sadness at the passing of yet another great realm.

Former jailbird and used-donkey salesman Comrade God Lucinus IV has been given a special role in the administration. Unfortunately, there is no news on what this special role will be. Speculation is rife that he has been sent to help Comrade Paghat with the redesign of the Pythium sewage system.

It has emerged that scandalous behaviour has been going on in the province of Cimri. The once quiet province close to the border with the Empire of Arcoscephale has seen a number of high profile orgies that have shocked the local inhabitants. “Young wimmin in the nud cavortin and such,” said one outraged homeowner.

It seems that the excavations in Ene Umrul are continuing to provide plenty of exercise for the brave defenders of that province. Last month we brought you news of a tomb guarded by the Spectral Mage Comrade Capitalist Hyena Rotbrother and now this month another tomb has been discovered in the same complex.

The new discovery once again yielded what has been described as a great treasure but also triggered the tombs defences. This was the tomb of Comrade Xirrath, another Spectral Mage and another horde of previously alive. Comrade General Dolgad, Provincial Governor and the victor of last month’s exciting battle, had been recalled to the capital to receive a commendation for his quick thinking and steadfastness.

Comrade Deputy Provincial Governor Grimoald took charge of the provincial defence and lent his priestly support to the brave defenders. Once again, the armies of previously alive crumbled before the professionalism and dedication of the democratic and peace-loving troops.

“Just another Comrade Nut Job,” was Comrade Grimoalds’s only statement.

The Peoples of Pythium await further news.
Old September 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM

First Lieutenant

mattyburn7 is on a distinguished road

I'm moving to Pythium
Old September 12th, 2012, 08:09 AM

First Lieutenant

YellowCactus is on a distinguished road

Wohooooo!!!!

Postpone Hosting please. Somehow we got moved to 8 hour intervals!
Old September 12th, 2012, 08:49 AM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

Alright, I made a mistake and it seems that the hosting was set to 8 hours. not 48 like I had intended. But, I caught it in time. Enjoy 40 more hours of planning everyone and ignore that email you got from the server.
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
Old September 12th, 2012, 09:01 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreaOfEffect View Post
Alright, I made a mistake and it seems that the hosting was set to 8 hours. not 48 like I had intended. But, I caught it in time. Enjoy 40 more hours of planning everyone and ignore that email you got from the server.
The Democratic and Peace-Loving Peoples of Pythium breathe a sigh of relief and rejoice at the error's correction.

Best regards,
Vsevolod, General Secretary, Central Committee
Old September 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM

Corporal

Gargouille is on a distinguished road

Jomon proclaims peace with Utgard.
Old September 17th, 2012, 07:43 AM

Corporal

This is the Voice of Pythium

The petty reign of Capitalist Warmonger Regic and his bloodthirsty cabal of Bloodhenge Druids is over. The unrepentant 54 year old, known for luring young virgins into slavery and then sacrificing them before the altar of his obscene god, has been a thorn in the side of the Pythium Leadership for far too long. The uneasy truce was almost certainly due to the Leadership’s belief that the strength of the cabal was beyond their means to overcome. But we can report that Comrade General Secretary Vsevolod this month sent military forces into the hated province so as to free the people of that outrageous tyranny.

The liberation forces sent into Bright Woods were commanded by none other than former jailbird and previously-owned donkey salesperson Comrade God Lucinus IV. Aided by Comrade Paghat and the Special Forces of Comrade General Deathstink, the battle for control of the province was a hard fought affair.

Special commendation was given to Comrade Teacher Ooo Daman and his hand-picked bunch of Comrade Outreach Workers who were only present at the battle as a work experience activity and were not expected to play an active part. Nevertheless, as hoards of imps threatened to overwhelm the Special Forces, Comrade Teacher Ooo Daman threw his units into battle with devastating effect. Before long, even the overgrown Vine Weevils of the Druid Cabal were reeling from the onslaught. The warrior spirit shown by the Comrade Outreach Workers will be the stuff of legends in years to come.

The Special Forces Group will now return to the capital where a banquet is being prepared in their honour. There are rumours that they are being refitted to take on the hostile province of Old Man Mountains. the base of operations of renegade Golem Mage Antatus. It is known that Antatus commands an army of living statues and is also believed to have gargoyles under his command. I am sure the Democratic and Peace-Loving Peoples of Pythium wish every success to our outstanding forces.

It has come as something of a surprise to the leadership that the cave province of Banded Hills has changed ownership from the Kingdom of Caelum to the Empire of Mictlan. The Realms of Caelum and Mictlan are currently at war and the capture of Banded Hills would seem to be a response to the war not going particularly well for Mictlan in this part of the world. Nevertheless, the Leadership has deemed the situation serious enough to put Comrade General Quinquatrus and his third army on notice. A Central Committee spokesman said, “It is unthinkable that Mictlan would add another enemy to it’s growing list. But even a small army such as this can be cause for concern.”

The Comrade Tomb Raiders have apparently moved to the province of Runia. The Antiquities Directorate confirmed yesterday that another artefact of great power was recently discovered in an ancient tomb in the province. Fortunately, the tomb was unprotected and there was no repeat of the excitement that Ene Umrul suffered twice in succession.

Finally, it has emerged that Comrade General Deathstink has taken steps to change his name by deed poll. “I have never liked the name Deathstink,” he told one of our reporters, “but, you know - parents – what can you do?” In future, the 196 year-old breathing-challenged Comrade General would like to be known as Eric.

The Peoples of Pythium await further news.
The Following User Says Thank You to shunwick For This Useful Post:
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

Groundworm is on a distinguished road

"Comrade General Deathstink" had me laughing hard! This is a good game to begin with, but Shunwick... I am loving your write-ups.
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:48 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundworm View Post
"Comrade General Deathstink" had me laughing hard! This is a good game to begin with, but Shunwick... I am loving your write-ups.
Groundworm,

I am having fun. Glad you like them.

Best wishes,
Steve
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

HoleyDooley is on a distinguished road

Well I can assure you Groundworm isn't the only one enjoying the stories.

Rev 2 also is a hoot to play with and wrote some of the funniest comments I've seen when we played BSoD, which indecently he won...lol.

HD