This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old April 28th, 2005, 10:25 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default I Surrendered to the AI!

I got board today so I loaded up a good old STOCK version and began to play. I gave the Ai a high Ai difficultiy and a low bonus. Right off I knew I was golden as my system had a few good planets and some nice asteroid systems near by. At around turn 80 I ran into the SJ (Star Junkies)and well the game went rapidly down hill from there. I was not in a position to fend off the humaniod machines war machines and lost many worlds on my outer rim as a result. The best ship I could send against their LC's was a frigate armed with PPB 3 and no shields. The SJ's LC were packing shield V's, PPB 5, and armor. I lost reapted battle after battle after battle.

Then the SJ began to mass huge fleets that began to capture the planets of my inner core systems. Oh boy... rioting soon began and resource production, always tight, plummitted. I began to loose ships as a result and had to place all of my ques, yes all 87 of them on hold. This only slowed the chaos a bit as the SJ continued to their reign of conquest.

Finally, with my allies promising to help but not, I had not option but to either surrender to the SJ or to an ally. Since I could cripple the SJ by surrendering to them, I did so.

This marks the first time in over four years that I have ever had to surrender to an AI. - I was promptly beheaded by an angry mod.

So ended Emperor Atrocities bid for supreme Galatic Ruler.
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:39 PM

Corporal

Antonin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I Surrendered to the AI!

I've lost many such bids, and have found that my "allies" almost never lift a finger to help me.

I always try to help my allies, and even give them gifts of resources and ships, but sometimes this actually makes them angrier at me.
"The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife." - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #48
Old April 29th, 2005, 07:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road

It is so embarrassing to loose to the AI at this point in my Space Empires playing career.
Old April 29th, 2005, 08:23 PM

Lieutenant General

Puke is on a distinguished road

heck, i make stupider mistakes than anybody. you were just out-produced.

i do great things like screwing up my fleet groupings so warp point assaults happen in three small waves instead of one big one.

or forgetting to put a planet on emergency build, so it does not have time to finish producing units before the enemy arrives.

and those are just the most recent blunders from one single game. there are not too many worse SE4 players than me.