.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old October 17th, 2010, 08:23 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Crucible - MA, CBM, EDM, fast pace (30 hour hosting entire game) - Send Pretender

I decided to recreate the game on the llamaserver. Everyone please resend your pretenders to NewCrucible. Thanks.
Old October 18th, 2010, 02:32 AM

Sergeant

Kojusoki is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Crucible - MA, CBM, EDM, fast pace (30 hour hosting entire game) - Send Pretender

looks we need to reload
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:12 AM

Sergeant

Kojusoki is on a distinguished road

game is up!
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:36 PM

Major General

Yeah, it looks like the second attempt worked. If the first version of the game reappears (and maybe even autostarts because all pretenders were in) please ignore it and I'll delete it from the server.

And one last reminder to please check the server when sending in your turn. If you're the last person, wait a few minutes for it to host and send in your next turn so that we can keep a good pace going early on.
Old October 19th, 2010, 02:23 AM

Corporal

Saros is on a distinguished road

Did you put indie strength up or am I just unlucky? All the bordering provinces to my cap have like 80-90 pretty nasty troops. Good thing elephants are so good at large scale stomping heh.
Old October 19th, 2010, 03:00 AM

Major General

Nope, I kept indie strength at the default of 5. So it looks like just bad luck. But like you say, elephants are quite good at killing indies. Still, it's a bit of pain not to have at least one easy target to start off one's expansion.
Old October 20th, 2010, 08:16 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Crucible - MA, CBM, EDM, fast pace (30 hour hosting entire game) - Running

I'm going to be away for a day this weekend so I may have to get a short extension. It depends on a couple of things so this is just a heads up.
Old October 21st, 2010, 06:09 AM

Corporal

Default Re: Crucible - MA, CBM, EDM, fast pace (30 hour hosting entire game) - Running

Sorry guys turns out i'm away for two nights starting tomorrow. I should be back around 0300 GMT on the 24th. So if I could have an extension after this turn is played that would be great.
Sorry again I didn't know I was going to be away when I signed up for the game
Old October 21st, 2010, 08:36 AM

Corporal

To clarify as I cant find an edit button anywhere I will be available to play turn 8 but after that a 30 hr extension should be plenty of time. The extension counts as running from the end of the 24h turn timer right?
Old October 21st, 2010, 03:09 PM

Major General

Actually you just reminded me that I forgot to change the llamaserver's default hosting interval of 24 hours to 30 hours after the game started. So that's now changed. Normally this won't matter since we've been playing quickly (no surprise there since only people who wanted to play quickly would have signed up for this) but it could help if someone needs extra time or to use one of their extensions.

It sounds like one extension will be plenty of time. Maybe now that I've corrected the hosting interval you won't even need one at all. So I'll use an extension if I think you aren't back and are about to stale.