ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:45 PM

Corporal

BlackRose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Star Trek, Quadrants of Conflict

Editing or remaking a map would take a LONG time ! That editor is hocus pocus, i'm impressed that Userx and Tnarg had the ability to tinker with it so much I dont mind playing on a new map, sort of. But i'd prefer playing on a Star Trek one... I just like cannon stuff! Certainly knowing the systems is an advantage but one we'll all share somewhat. Heck i reccomend going in and having a look at it before we start to play.

I dont mind if any of the races become strong either, its just like trek, others will team up to knock them down a peg Politics will be far more important than map knowledge. Never mind its a 200+ system map and memorizing things like that would be very hard.

Also what are the thoughts on using standard emp files or are we allowed to customize them?

Good idea with the 3 races in the Delta Quadrant, should have at least 1 or 2 in the Gamma as well.

I'm declaring war on the Borg right away, I dont like them + the Borg and the Tholians are about as far away as races can get from eachother in Tnarg's map soooo jk.

As far as other minors go i'm fond of the UCP break away group, but that part of the galaxy is already quite clusterd !

Sheliak in the Gamma Quadrant is good. I'd reccomend a placement south of the Federation for a Minor race (its a lot of empty space there) and one in between there and Orion (a lot of empty space too.

Perhaps a few buffers as well in our crowded corner of the Galaxy, Breen, THolia, Cardassia, etc.

[ April 08, 2004, 20:50: Message edited by: BlackRose ]