ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Closed Thread

Old November 13th, 2007, 12:53 AM

Captain

AgentZero is on a distinguished road
Default OT: Being Naughty

I've been asked by one of my room mates to give her a hand with a little extra credit assignment. She's supposed to hack into a server set up by her instructor, retrieve a password and email it to him. She's been provided with the IP address of the server and the name of the file. Anyone have any thoughts as to how to acquire said file?

I'm figuring she should do a port scan, find an open port, then pop in through that to retrieve the file, but the practical application of said theory is proving somewhat difficult. She's also been told that she should use a Linux/Unix based OS, if that helps at all.
Old November 13th, 2007, 01:51 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Being Naughty

MODERATOR MODE

With all due respect to your plight AgentZero, this topic of discussion is best discussed else where as it could be viewed as violation of Shrapnels TOS policy.

I regret that I must lock the thread. If you wish you can ask one of the other mods to unlock it and I will support them in their decision to do so. However in the mean time I would offer the humble suggestion that you take the topic to a less formal site that is also frequently visited by members here.

A site run by someone who's user name rhymes with Tyron. Perhaps at this site your discussion can be aloud to flourish if it doesn't violate his TOS.