ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old March 7th, 2007, 09:41 PM

Private

jsallison is on a distinguished road
Default display oddity

I've installed both WinSPWW2 and WinSPMBT including appropriate patches. The sounds are squirrelly at times but I usually turn them down anyway. My main issue is that while WW2 displays on the entire screen, MBT's window occupies about 1/4 to 1/3 of the available screen and the maximize button is disabled. I've tried this on two separate WinXP systems with identical results. Changing emulation and futzing about with properties has no detectable effect. Setting shortcut properties to maximize makes the intro windows larger but the game window remains a fraction of the available screen.
Old March 8th, 2007, 02:08 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: display oddity

Quote:
jsallison said:
I've installed both WinSPWW2 and WinSPMBT including appropriate patches. The sounds are squirrelly at times but I usually turn them down anyway. My main issue is that while WW2 displays on the entire screen, MBT's window occupies about 1/4 to 1/3 of the available screen and the maximize button is disabled. I've tried this on two separate WinXP systems with identical results. Changing emulation and futzing about with properties has no detectable effect. Setting shortcut properties to maximize makes the intro windows larger but the game window remains a fraction of the available screen.
1) If you have sound problems - presumably only with MBT - this could be because you have bad codecs installed for MP3 sound. Search the forum on "goldwave" for threads on how to convert the sound to WAV (WW2 sound is issued as WAV). Or - see the MBT game data/sounds/wav directory "sound problems.txt" for a description of the conversion process.

2) Why "change emulation" - or shortcut properties??. That sort of thing is no longer necessary, as this is WinSPXX - only the obsolete DOS games needed any such action.

I will assume you have not actually read the Game Guide (The manual), since there is no mention of playing about with emulations or shortcut properties in there!.

You get to the Game Guide via the "Help" tab of the Game Options Programme, then pressing the "Read The Game Manual" button. The Game Guide is then launched as an HTML document in your browser.

See the GG section "Game Installation" - this is a link on the left hand column of the GG. Press that, then scroll down to the "Game Options, Tab 1 ( Main )" part, and then read what the Game Mode and Screen/Window Size buttons do.

If you scroll down a bit - or press the link of the same name - you will come to the Tuning Your Machine section, which is also worth a read.

There is no maximise button on the game window - since the window size is fixed, and is set in the game options programme.

If you do not want the splash screen - see the description of the Show Introduction button in the Game Options Main Tab help section.

Cheers
Andy