.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old December 14th, 2010, 10:51 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

I need a 2 day delay, haven't even looked at the turn yet.
Old December 14th, 2010, 06:02 PM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
I need a 2 day delay, haven't even looked at the turn yet.
Ok, delay has been added.
Old December 14th, 2010, 10:28 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road

I admit, the delay is something of a relief to me, as well.

But we should end this thing in short order, yeah? Mene mene tekel upharsin, and all that.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old December 15th, 2010, 07:31 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPraetorious View Post
Mene mene tekel upharsin, and all that.
Old December 16th, 2010, 05:06 PM

First Lieutenant

Guys, we may have to put the game on hold for a little while. BL has stalled last two turns, and Ianuki just told me that she will not be able to continue playing do to RL issues. She is going to made a post "looking for a sub" for her BL nation on this board. Let's give it 4-5 days, if nobody will come forward we will switch BL to AI. How does it sound to you guys?
Old December 20th, 2010, 06:26 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

That was one mighty fine battle there Corwin, congrats on crushing that large army, I didn't think you'd have the guts to teleport on in front.
The other one went significantly better, doe not as much as I'd hoped. This is the first I've seen 2 ghost riders not trigger battlefield spells.
Regarding AM, I've had a similar thing happen to me too in this battle, one of mine battle globals was not cast either, although much less significant, I blame it on the AI.

Oh btw, nice one with the Pangaean anti MH strategy with all those scouts. Also, it seems a MH killed a some scout named Gem Carrier or something like that, was he carrying anything?

In any case, do we play? Do we wait for Bandar? Do we switch AI?
Lay it down for us good sir admin.
Old December 21st, 2010, 08:29 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

As Prepo2 that took most of my d3 time is finally over, I can try to sub BL if nobody objects and if you still need a sub.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dimaz For This Useful Post:
Old December 22nd, 2010, 04:34 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimaz View Post
As Prepo2 that took most of my d3 time is finally over, I can try to sub BL if nobody objects and if you still need a sub.
I think that would be a great solution Dimaz, thank you. I have no objections personally. I trust that you'll be able to rule that nation independently, without carrying over your Van diplomatic relations. And since Vans are doomed to be gone in the next few turns, and BL are on the other side of the map, I see no possible conflict of interests.
What do you guys think, are you ok with such move?

Unless there are objections from other players, Dimaz could you please contact Ianuki and get her nation password and perhaps last turb file? Once you are ready, send me your email and I'll change BL email address to yours. And thank you for your offer, it would be much better then having to set it to AI.

I'll add more time to the current turn if needed.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 04:55 AM

First Lieutenant

Dimaz is on a distinguished road

Maybe you just change the email to mine and request turn resend, I think it's common practice not to pass protect in PBEM?
Old December 22nd, 2010, 04:57 AM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
That was one mighty fine battle there Corwin, congrats on crushing that large army, I didn't think you'd have the guts to teleport on in front.
The other one went significantly better, doe not as much as I'd hoped. This is the first I've seen 2 ghost riders not trigger battlefield spells.
Regarding AM, I've had a similar thing happen to me too in this battle, one of mine battle globals was not cast either, although much less significant, I blame it on the AI.

Oh btw, nice one with the Pangaean anti MH strategy with all those scouts. Also, it seems a MH killed a some scout named Gem Carrier or something like that, was he carrying anything?

In any case, do we play? Do we wait for Bandar? Do we switch AI?
Lay it down for us good sir admin.
Thank you Executor. Yes, I have thought hard about that teleporting move. But at the end I've decided that giving my overall situation, and relatively small and weak northern army and foothold you've already gotten on our northern front, I had to take some risks because I couldn't allow a collapse or even limited breakthrough at that area if our frontlines. It worked well, pitched battle went as I've planned it.
But you have outplayed me in our central front, winning that huge battle despite all resources I've thrown into you there. I underestimated the force of your strike there, and your battlefield tactic was very good.

About gemcarrier - no, sorry, he wasnt carreying anything, but he used to - I just haven't bother to rename him. Recently he was just part of the massive scout forces I am usibg to screen my MH vulnerable targets from MH, as you have correctly guessed.

I guess you and me are about to open 4th Ermor-Pythium front, are we?
Answering your question -looks like we have found a sub for BK - Dimaz, unless there is an objection. As soon as the situation is sorted out new turn will host, hopefully in the next day or so.