This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old October 18th, 2006, 07:16 PM

Private

Sabrax is on a distinguished road
Default 1.08 bugs.

Okay, I've found 2 bugs that Ihave been able to replicate on seperate games in both the stock version and the balance mod.

1) Boarding does not work. At all! CK said it only added the boarding parties from 1 ship and not all but even a baseship loaded vs a frigate with no security stations still loses. I would appreciate someone else confirming this one for me.

2) Ruins disappear after 1 turn. You find a planet with ruins but they are gone when you process a turn.

I hope I'm not the only one getting these errors.

btw this game is GREAT!!! Although I do hate that most of my old strategies from se4 will need to be tweaked.
Old October 19th, 2006, 08:26 AM

Corporal

cshank2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1.08 bugs.

Yeah. The Ruins thing extends beyond just the ruins. Stars with abilities, warp points, asteroids, storms, sectors. Their abilities just get up and leave after the first turn is processed. Sucky, huh?

(Though, blackholes seem to work fine >.<)
Old October 19th, 2006, 08:55 AM

Private

Leodinas is on a distinguished road

I created a fleet of about thirty ships with half of them being Missile Boats. The ordinance supply of the fleet hovered around 50k... plenty to fight numerous battles. However, my first combat with the fleet saw the retreat of my whole Missile Boat division. I noticed that they did not have any ordinance. When I got back to the main screen, I saw that there was a wopping 700 out of 50k ordinance left in my fleet. This has to be a bug... The missiles just vanished...

-Leo
Old October 19th, 2006, 09:03 AM

Corporal

Tim_Ward is on a distinguished road

Did you have fighters with your fleet? I've noticed that if they can't get their supplies/ordinance from their carrier, they just help themselves from the other ships.
Old October 19th, 2006, 09:24 AM

Corporal

RonGianti is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Leodinas said:
This has to be a bug... The missiles just vanished...

-Leo
I've noticed the same thing. Built a fleet of missle ships, put in a Fleet and moved them. Ordinance went from Full, to half, to 0.

Finally, I refit all the missle ships to Beam weapons. Every single one, but didn't refit my fleet support ships, which had some extra ordinance on them. Their ordinance disappeared slowly too, even though not one battle was fought.
Old October 19th, 2006, 09:40 AM

Corporal

Other Bugs:

Stock (No mods at all) -

3) A neutral race built troops with no weapons at all.

4) I assualted said planet, he couldn't shoot my troops, but my troops couldn't do his any damage at all. The planetary assault just kept going on with no resolution and I couldn't get those troops off the planet either. I saw shots fired from my troops, they just did no damage. After a few turns of this stalemate, SEV crashed with the error "Out of memory". This is an AMD 3200 with 1.5 gig ram, XP home running as lean as can be, no overhead at all, up to date drivers, etc.

5) The documentation in game and paper says that 10 turns of emergency building at a space yard for 150% will lead to 10 turns of 50%. This is incorrect. It leads to 10 turns of 25%. In this case, its working correctly, imo, but documented incorrectly.

6) Trade agreements of technology seem to work correctly, but are reported incorrectly in the turn summary. If I research Sensors 7 and he researches missles 9, it says I gave him missles 9 and he gave me Sensors 7, when it fact, its the other way around.

7) Neutral race AI players cannot communicate. No treatys, no declaration of war. If you send them a message, they just ignore you.

Mod bugs:

1. Made a small mod that increased the Large Galaxy settings from 50 - 100 planets to 200 - 250. Out of 5 games played this way, 4 became unstable and would hang at the "processing end of all players turns". I left it for 1/2 hour once, it never finished and was using 100% processor.
Old October 19th, 2006, 10:16 AM

First Lieutenant

Spoo is on a distinguished road

I have a "share technology" treaty with a race that has the organic racial trait (my race doesn't). Every turn I "recieve" tech level one in organic weapons and technology (or whatever they're called) but no benefits.

You can add ships to planet queues without space yards by usng "add to multiple" on the construction screen. I haven't tested if they'll actually be built.

The auto pathing for ships still uses undiscovered warp points.
which, if I'm not mistaken, is equivilent to roughly a 50 megaton nuclear bomb.
Fear the squirrel.
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:54 PM

Private

Leodinas is on a distinguished road

So we are listing these bugs... will they be fixed in the next version, or are we just wasting air?
Old October 19th, 2006, 01:09 PM

Corporal

I have no doubt myself that these will get fixed.

In the meantime, we can help keep frustration to a miniumum by being neighborly and listing bugs and workarounds.

Also, if we put together a list of bugs, with screen shots, details and save games, we can email them to Malfador.
Old October 19th, 2006, 01:17 PM

General

Ed Kolis is on a distinguished road

Also, at www.spaceempires5.com, there is an issue tracker