.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:23 PM

Captain

Immaculate is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Immaculate-002: Late Age for Noobs (now in the mid-game)

@Moanarette: Yeah- i am not sure how to best leverage 'man'. i've never played them. They did really well in MA Morla but i have no idea how they went about doing so.

@Triqui: Burden of time i would have thrown pearls at you to help dispel
Old February 25th, 2012, 01:40 AM

Captain

I force-hosted the turn because everyone had gotten their turn in except 'Man' and... well... it doesn't make sense to wait for their turn. hope that was okay.
Old February 25th, 2012, 09:21 AM

Private

Moanerette is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear that; I just came on to express my puzzlement at receiving a reminder when I've been knocked out!
Old February 27th, 2012, 12:13 PM

Sergeant

triqui is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by triqui View Post
To Shaetner: I'm sad you arent happy with your enchantment being knocked down, but casting a enchantment that make everybody ages fast when your "ally" has a nation that more than half of their mages have severe old age problems is almost casus belli. It's like poisoning our wells and telling us it's unfair to clean it. It looks like Tien Chi doesnt share this vision, which means that either they don't care about their own old mages (maybe they don't recruit them), or that they didn't notice your subtle attempt to decimate everybody magical support to secure your domination of the world. In any case, I did what I thought it was best for my reign.

See you all in the Battlefields I guess
Aqualibrium's been castin' Well of Misery which does two things:
1) Everyone (you, me, and everyone else) gets 10% more income from their provinces
2) I get a butt load of death gems

What you are thinking of is Burden of Time, which causes all units to age a year or more every turn and is really bad news for old dudes.

Two completely different spells with radically different effects.

Edit: T'ien Ch'i probably doesn't care because he enjoys getting more money. Plus the spell says it eases the woes and aches of all the world's peoples so his old mages probably appreciate the spell cuttin' down on their arthritis.
Ouch Completelly messed both spells :/
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:16 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immaculate View Post
I am willing to concede the game to atlantis but will continue for as long as someone thinks the tittle is in dispute.
Ok, I agree with you now, I am willing to concede the game to atlantis too.
Old February 29th, 2012, 11:23 PM

Sergeant

shatner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqui View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immaculate View Post
I am willing to concede the game to atlantis but will continue for as long as someone thinks the tittle is in dispute.
Ok, I agree with you now, I am willing to concede the game to atlantis too.
Well, how 'bout we put it to a vote to determine where the game'll go from here. I'll abstain since I'm obviously in "conflict of interest" territory, plus it means there won't be a tie.

Also, two suns?! We of Atlantis take that as a personal insult. Heck we consider one sun to be pushin' it. We'd be angrier but we figure with Marignon so full of old mages, they probably did that just so they wouldn't have to keep turning the thermostat up. It's official, LA Marignon is the Florida of Dark Fantasy.
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:06 AM

Captain

k- game over.

i had 8 tartarians kitted out and ready to go- some with artifacts... none with any afflcitions and i was summoning 1, restoring its soul (if necessary) and kitting it out every single turn. Not sure what you had but i think that would have caused some hurt.

I am happy to finish this game though- i was really really newbish when i started and i feel i learnt a lot but that the decisions i made in the begginning have set me back a quite a bit.

EDIT: wait- gath- you want to keep playing this or not?
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:04 PM

Sergeant

shatner is on a distinguished road

I'll lay all my cards on the table if we end the game, and if we don't I promise I won't use the info about your Tartarans in my in-game decision making (not that that would change my current plans very much anyway).
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:34 PM

Sergeant

Internet ate my long post. Twice.

I can summon a blood SC per turn too if I want. Latelly I was invoking 10+ demon knights and 20+ Devils per turn, as well as Enliving Statues and some Vine chaff to reduce the gap in total troops.
I have several SC too, including my god, a Heliophagus, a couple Fire Devils, awakened golems, awakened Eater of deads, a Djinn, and Elemental Kings. I can as well summon angels, including Seraphs. Most of them can be a challenge for Tartarians, specially if they use AntiUndead weaponry such as Flamebeaus or herald lances, etc.

I have also a very large amount of comunion-able thunderstrikers and a dozen bow of wars with quicken self that can shoot 600 high precision flaming arrows per turn, which might be powerful even against arrow fends, I suppose. Every single LA Marignon mage can comunion or sabbath, which is somewhat cool too.

The problem is I'm facing not only tartarians. I'm facing 3vs1, so it's a moot point to try to defend. I can hold my own for a couple of turns at best, you only need to attack every singlen province I own without a castle and I'll colapse. Also, Atlantis is already winning, he generates as much gems as everybody else combined, and in the late game, gems are the thing that matter. If we would face him 3vs1, it would be a coin toss. In any other situation, it's just pointless to keep the game running for another month or two just to wait for the inevitable.

I also learned a lot in this game. Diplomacy is not the most important thing. It's the only important thing. Patala faced 2vs1 and died (with me taking late spoils of war), Jomon faced 2vs1 and died (with Gath being the late robber), and now I face 3vs1. If I should have joined Atlantis half a dozen turns ago when he was asking me to attack someone, I might have got a chance, but I thought he was already winning too much. However, I did not join him, but I did not plot against him either, and that's a heavy mistake.

Overall, nice learning game.
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:37 PM

Sergeant

PS: what are we waiting for? There are 4 people in the game, 2 of them vote for finishing. 1 of them abstein, just becouse he is part in conflict. Even if he votes to keep the game on, it's a 2'5 vs 1