.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old February 28th, 2011, 12:12 PM

Corporal

nrasch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Forum, game running

So there was discussion of a long break, ending the game, and/or finding a sub for Lihaässä. Do you all know what you want to do? Should I suspend all hosting till a consensus is reached?

Thanks,
Nathan
Old February 28th, 2011, 01:49 PM

First Lieutenant

Finalgenesis is on a distinguished road

Vote end the game.

I doubt I can muster the will to come back to this game after a long break after a rollback.
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:22 PM

Corporal

Lihaässä is on a distinguished road

@ All - It seems I was a little too late and staled again. The next too weeks will consume my energy because I'm finalizing my wedding arrangements and after that comes honeymoon. Even though I asked for a very long delay earlier, I think I should withdraw from this competition for good.. It's just too hectic atm.

I hope you don't find me as a quitter. I'll wait your decision about ending this game before posting for a sub.

Sorry

- Ari
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:23 PM

Corporal

Ragnoff is on a distinguished road

hmm, apparently the extension was not long enough, Machaka still stalled. (I think his request was for later tonight.) So fixing this would mean another rollback, and then another long delay once we get this fixed so we would only get 3-4 turns in before the next delay. While I would like to continue the game, this is not looking good.

Ragnoff

Edited to add: Congrats! The wedding is certainly more important! I am for finding a sub as theoretically that would men no long delay and we can keep playing. But no rollback! while that stinks a bit for the new machaka player in that he/she will be coming off a stale, that position is certainly strong if we are willing to revisit the political situation when the new player steps up.
Old March 1st, 2011, 07:16 AM

Corporal

Num is on a distinguished road

Congratulations for the wedding.

The position is probably not as strong as it was. Machaka is now struggling and is going to be crushed (maybe very easily). I think going AI is the easiest way for us to continue a bit. How can we give this nation situation to a new player ? That would be no interest at all for anybody.
Let's go AI Lihaassa and let's continue the game a little more. Nrasch please give the admin role to someone like Ragnoff.
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:47 AM

First Lieutenant

I understand the argument for against going AI (and finding a sub) to be that AI basically gets steamrolled and equal free provinces for their human neighbors causing an unfair advantage to other players in differing position to exploit the spoils.

I've seen that where possible AI options tend to be for small nations with very few provinces to the point where it won't impact the game too significantly.

However we are talking about 37 provinces game leader (statistically).

For the record, I don't really care in this specific case. And really, we've had rollback and all the work, so why not add this to the list.

Finally, with the upcoming likely AI of Machaka on top of a rollback, I would like to officially bow out of this game as it has been disrupted and ruined to the point where I don't feel obligated to stick to the end.

Let me know if you want me to AI or attempt a sub.
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:11 AM

Corporal

nrasch is on a distinguished road

Ragnoff will now be admin. Good luck to you all.

Nathan
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:53 AM

Corporal

Num is on a distinguished road

Well the point is Machaka was the most powerful, but this time is ended. Do not forget that he was fighting against two nations (Shinuyama and me) during a long time, without decisive ending. Then Abysia has attacked, and is currently crushing Machakan territory, probably with ease. I have destroyed for my side at least 6 full-geared Tartarians in the last two turns and there is almost nothing left next to my armies.

Anyway this is for me simply obvious that Abysia is much more powerful than Machaka or me, or you Jotunheim, or anybody, apart from his central position, momentum and ability to eat all of Machaka alone.

So I agree to say that Ragnoff has won, but Machaka gone AI will have no effect as a result. I too vote for closing the game. Lack of interest and broken balance since the defeat of Machaka have both killed the game (Lack of a good pace has played a role too).

PS : R'lyeh has abandoned the game ? Are you sure ?
Old March 1st, 2011, 12:26 PM

Corporal

Ragnoff is on a distinguished road

Ah SHOOT, I had a mental short-circuit and though Finalgenesis was playing R'Lyeh!

OK, I guess that is a wrap. I don't think I have won, I think I could be stopped as Machaka was, but it would need to be a joint effort are likely soon as I am certainly gaining momentum and getting my own Tarts into play despite not having GoH or the Challis (if you summon enough of them, you get good ones).
Ragnoff
Old March 1st, 2011, 01:41 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnoff View Post
Ah SHOOT, I had a mental short-circuit and though Finalgenesis was playing R'Lyeh!
Understandable