.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > ProSimCo > BCT, ATF, AATF and Battle Group Commander Series
Notices

Old September 23rd, 2004, 03:26 PM

Sergeant

Greybeard is on a distinguished road
Default RT: Upload Rounds to Artillery

I'm playing the demo and have a problem. My artillery is nearly out of ammo. An ammo supply is located nearby. However, it is just out of range of the artillery pieces (circle doesn't intersect), so there is no way to do the transfer.

Am I missing something?

Could I move another munition supply vehicle near the two other units and do a "pass along supply"?

I expect that with the full Version, I will be able to move the artillery and/or the munitions supply. Is that true?

Thanks...Greybeard
Old September 23rd, 2004, 04:29 PM

Major

Curt Pangracs is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Upload Rounds to Artillery

Which mission are you playing? Beach Party II?

Hit the Upload button anyway, it should work fine

The ammo pallets should already be in a location for you to upload all of your guns. There is a possibility that your other guns have already used all of the ammo and there isn't any left for the gun you believe to be "out of range". If not, then there is a problem with the scenario and I need to include a fix when we publish the first patch for the game, because those are actual missions from the full game.

the ability to move and manipulate artillery depends on the scenario, so I can't answer the other part of your question.
Old September 23rd, 2004, 06:25 PM

Sergeant

I'm playing beach party II. The ammo pallets are full. The individual artillery pieces have used all of the DPCIM rounds they started with in one area. When I use the upload key, the blue circle is too small to reach the artillery and it won't let me transfer the ammo.

However, it's possible that I'm doing something else wrong. As a Last resort, I gave the "immovable" ammo pallet move orders. The arrow now points in the direction of the path, but I can't edit of remove the path. Now, the upload command doesn't even bring up the transfer circle.

I appreciate your assistance.

Also, some hints of which munitions to use to attack different types of enemy would be beneficial. I have read some of the hit percentages in the info screens, which are very helpful. However, a short description of how each munition works would be helpful to those of us who don't have a military background. Thanks again.
Old September 24th, 2004, 10:41 AM

Major

Curt Pangracs is on a distinguished road

I will fix this in the update. You are the only one having a problem, as far as I have been told, and I can upload all of the guns in this scenario. Unless Pat can figure out what might be going wrong, I will reposition the flatrack and add another so each section of 3 guns has its own ammo source.

I DID notice that there was a problem how the hierarchy was set-up, but that shouldn't mean anything as far as uploading ammo.

Anyone else having this problem?

Also remember that you cannot give fire missions or "upload" commands while the artillery is moving! This shouldn't be a problem in this scenario, because you can't move your guns, however, if you give them movement nodes, you'll notice that they "mount-up" and prepare for movement. Even though they won't go anywhere, they can't do anything else in this mode either!

As for the different types of munitions for artillery, HE (High Explosive)is mainly for personnel, and DPICM is for vehicles AND troops (DPICM = Dual-Purpose Improved Conventional Minitions). The "BB" stands for "Base Burn" and has a longer range, as does the "RAP" round (Rocket Assisted Projectile). FASCAM is a scatterable mine system delivered by artillery effective on vehicles used to deny a specific route of movement of an enemy or to attempt to slow his advance.

Hope this all helps.

Curt
Old September 24th, 2004, 01:47 PM

Brigadier General

Patrick Proctor is on a distinguished road

BTW,

All of the ammunition questions (and hundreds of others) are discribed in excruciating detail in the 150 pg manual that ships with the game. We just couldn't include everything in the demo.
Old September 25th, 2004, 01:17 AM

Sergeant

I am playing the demo on my home computer and on my work computer (during lunch hour). On both computers, the blue circle is quite small, about the same size as the yellow "x" that appears when I engage the upload button.

I have not installed any patches, just the demo download from a few weeks ago.

Would you like for me to e-mail the game file to you for analysis?

Also, I look forward to reading all of the good stuff in the manual when I purchase the game...
Old September 25th, 2004, 11:23 AM

Brigadier General

You can upload the entire battery at once by selecting "upload" and then clicking on the battery marker (a flag if vehicles are showing, otherwise a symbol with a single straight line over it) twice. This will distribute the ammo in the manner which best "fills out" the gun sections. This can relieve you of the micromanagement of individually selecting flatracks and ammo carriers.

If this does not solve your problem, e-mail your saved game (from the Savegame sub-directory of the install directory) to:

techsupport@prosimco.com

with a DETAILED description of the problem you are seeing and we will be happy to check it out.
Old September 25th, 2004, 11:45 PM

Sergeant

Patrick: Thank you for the solution. I tried it and it worked exactly as you suggested.
Old September 26th, 2004, 02:45 PM

Brigadier General

You're welcome.

BTW, you can also do this with mounting, dismounting, and anything else in the game. Once you get used to controlling platoons and companies, controlling individual vehicles will probably become the exception to the rule.