This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:53 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: APC Development and related topics.

Here's what I've got at the moment :

"Oct 21, 2010

To date, Bell is on contract to deliver 70 Yankees and 28 Zulus; 31 UH-1Y and 11 AH-1Zs have been delivered. Two of each type were used for developmental testing and will be retained as test assets.

Full-rate production began on the Yankee last year.

The Zulu has been cleared to use all Hellfire missile variants, 2.75-in. rockets, the 20-mm. gun and AIM-9 anti-aircraft missile series."

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old January 6th, 2011, 03:56 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

Poland to update ROSOMAK (PATRIA AMV) with new recon sensor gear by the end of this year.
http://defense-update.com/wp/2010122...e-rosomak.html

Regards,
Pat
Old January 7th, 2011, 03:23 AM

Lieutenant General

U.S. SECDEF Gates kills the EFV. I'm not adding it as a "deletion" to my last patch input yet. Gates also wants to kill the F-35 program as well to meet the goal of cutting the U.S. defense budget by 80 to 100 billion dollars between 2012 - 2016. The F-35 cut issue is meeting with resistance to Gates from the new congress. So congress might step into the fray to save the EFV as well. Only time will tell but as with real life vs game life one thing is certain for now, both will still be around after the next patch unless something drastic happens in real life.
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/21003/

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 7th, 2011 at 03:33 AM..
Old January 7th, 2011, 04:07 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
U.S. SECDEF Gates kills the EFV. I'm not adding it as a "deletion" to my last patch input yet. Gates also wants to kill the F-35 program as well to meet the goal of cutting the U.S. defense budget by 80 to 100 billion dollars between 2012 - 2016. The F-35 cut issue is meeting with resistance to Gates from the new congress. So congress might step into the fray to save the EFV as well. Only time will tell but as with real life vs game life one thing is certain for now, both will still be around after the next patch unless something drastic happens in real life.
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/21003/
Regards,
Pat
The F-35 cannot be completely killed, simply because it is the only way to give 5th generation fighter capabilities to the USN and several US allies, as well as replacing several aging USAF platforms. Maybe the vertical take off variant will be deleted and numbers trimmed somewhat but overall it is simply "too big to fail" at this point. Compared to that the EFV looks like a mere overpriced nice to have, although of course one would have to consider the background, such as which districts are going to benefit from it, how much lobbying power can be brought to bear in its favor etc.
However budgetary realities being what they are, something will give in at some point...
Old January 8th, 2011, 01:27 AM

Lieutenant General

Some were surprised by Gen. Amos being made Commandant of the CORPS for his support of the EFV as SECDEF Gates has been against it for some time now, but I have read all I need to now put the EFV on my delete list for the next patch now as well. SLAMRAM will be on the list as well though I noted no mention of MEADS. Some might find it interesting to see the direction the SECDEF and USAF want to take outside the F-35 program. There have been rumors for some time that the B-1B and B-2 would not be the end of strategic bomber development for us, it appears it's going to happen sooner then later now as well. Please read and enjoy the breakdown of the U.S. Defence spending overhaul over the next five years. Again note from this ref the source is located in the upper right corner to the article.
http://www.defpro.com/daily/details/...5f3882e1791d50
Also a well respected "think tanks" response.
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/21043/

And to get back on topic this could be the end of the GVC program just recently revived last month for new bids - hope you like the BRADLEY.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 8th, 2011 at 01:41 AM..
Old January 9th, 2011, 02:01 PM

Lieutenant General

Well this is why I use the sources I do. This will effectively end my discussion on the EFV unless a miracle comes to Detroit (And those folks could use the jobs lost.) and the CORPS. This is a very comprehensive article on the EFV program from beginning to end and for and against it. A very good read.
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...updated-02302/
Here's to another open slot!

Regards,
Pat
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:21 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Personally I always thought the EFV was an over ambitions "magic bullet" program.

The USMC IS in desperate need of a replacement for the AAV (first fielded in 1972) and hopefully some the research done for the EFV will be used to develop a cost effective and "reasonable" replacement.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:47 PM

Captain

Marcello is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Don,
DELETE/USA/Mercenary Group/UNITS 725 & 726/ They have to go! Maybe being a little sensitive here but, thinking back on my understanding of history in the modern era the peak interaction of mercenaries per say was in the period of the late 40's - early mid 80's focused in Africa, SE Asia (Malaysia comes to mind.) and parts of South and Central America. Most came from Germany(s), UK, France, Belgium, Holland and the U.S. after the war. The two most notable leaders came from the UK and France if I recall correctly and had the books "The Wild Geese" and "The Dogs of War" (Later movies; Wild Geese with the late great Richard Burton in it.) based on their exploits in Africa (Congo). Point being why is the U.S. the only country after using MobHack to have them from the samples looked at above? And in checking some of the African countries they have none in them where I would expect to see them as most of the mercenary actions took place there and in some respects today more, for security and training might still to a much lesser extent still be there today and again C. & S. America for the drug cartels (As a matter of conjecture for these if not material for action/adventure movies.)?
I just noticed this now. It seems pretty obvious to me that these "Mercenary Group" units are not representing Mike Hoare or Bob Denard style mercenary; rather they are a stand in for Blackwater and comparable security contractors.
We are talking about ex US servicemen, armed with american weapons and used for convoy/facility protection duties, VIP details and similar tasks. It makes some sense to have them in the US OOB as armament/training/morale is compatible with the US OOB, they and US troops have occasionally fought side by side and last but not least they have been employed in sizable numbers. That said they are obviously a "flavor" unit, not inherently more valuable than an additional F-4 with a different loadout or whatever; they could be easily shifted to the green OOB with some tweaking.
Old January 25th, 2011, 10:24 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The ARE meant to represent Contractors like Blackwater but they have been moved

Don
Old January 29th, 2011, 04:12 AM

Lieutenant General

The GCV program kinda like the EFV program kinda like the...well that one is in the JET...thread. Even my heads starting to spin a little and I'm not even possessed though some might question that!?! It's getting serious though if you're outside the country you might not fully understand the situation here caused by the last election, this was clearly shown after the State of the Union address by the President when normally each political party (Republicans & Democrats) has an opportunity to express their support or rebuttal to the Presidents speech. This year we also for the first time had a third response from the "Tea Party" backed Republicans, which support defense but are more fiscally conservative. I'm not expressing any political view here as this is fact based, however it's having it's ripple effect on defense issues as these will show.

The GCV program is meant to take us to the next gen IFV etc. beyond the BRADLEY, however as I brought to your attention it was cancelled (Budget etc.) in the early summer of 2010. It has since been resurrected with tighter guidelines in cost management and design features or has it?
Is it really needed?
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/21503/
The new GVC development teams.
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/21423/
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/21399/

More on the...EFV
All DoD components unified on the budget.
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/21567/
Is the DoD concept of Amphibious Warfare wrong?
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/21460/
Yes our old friend exceeds expectations or a line from a favorite comedy movie from across the pond "I'm not dead yet!"
http://www.defpro.com/news/details/21482/

Everyone have a great weekend!

Regards,
Pat