.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old March 21st, 2010, 05:15 PM

Private

sammy1339 is on a distinguished road
Default Assaulting units start dug in.

Ever since I tried to create a scenario in which there were trenches on both sides of the map (using just the scenario editor, not any kind of programming), whenever I create a battle in which one side is assaulting, both sides end up entrenching all their units at the start. Also, when buying units for the assaulting army, the computer lists "Mines/Trenches/BW 0" underneath the six keys in the middle of the screen, though it is not possible to buy them. Does anybody know how to fix this without reinstalling the whole game? Also, is it possible to make a scenario with trenches on the assaulting side, without causing this problem?
Old March 21st, 2010, 05:49 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,869 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Assaulting units start dug in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy1339 View Post
Ever since I tried to create a scenario in which there were trenches on both sides of the map (using just the scenario editor, not any kind of programming), whenever I create a battle in which one side is assaulting, both sides end up entrenching all their units at the start. Also, when buying units for the assaulting army, the computer lists "Mines/Trenches/BW 0" underneath the six keys in the middle of the screen, though it is not possible to buy them. Does anybody know how to fix this without reinstalling the whole game? Also, is it possible to make a scenario with trenches on the assaulting side, without causing this problem?
Both the attacker's infantry and arty/mortars and all the defenders start dug-in in the assault. Not a bug, it has been that way since SP1 was released in the mid 90's.

Only the defender can buy engineering points (there is only one array of field defences and they belong to the defender, not the attacker), so the button is inactive for the assaulter. Only the defender can buy bunkers. There are ways to buy defences for both (by switching missions in between buys) but that creates problems if both sides are supposed to 'own' the defenders obstacles. Attacker can end up with complete knowledge of the defenders minefields, etc. So don't do that.

The new demolition class (in the forthcoming patch) will allow both sides to buy in any battle type and deploy to the half-way line so IEDs can be used. (And the AI Mujadeen, PLO, VC etc will buy and lay IEDS ). They are bought with normal buy points, however.

Andy
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:23 PM

Private

sammy1339 is on a distinguished road

Wow. I've been playing this game for a long time and never noticed that. I think this is the second false bu I've asked for help with, so I apologize!
Old March 21st, 2010, 08:47 PM

Corporal

rfisher is on a distinguished road

"The new demolition class (in the forthcoming patch) will allow both sides to buy in any battle type and deploy to the half-way line so IEDs can be used. (And the AI Mujadeen, PLO, VC etc will buy and lay IEDS ). They are bought with normal buy points, however.

Andy"

Blimey!