.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 24th, 2008, 12:16 AM

BANNED USER

Omnirizon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New semi-newbie game!

we want to learn from the best. any pain we experience in the process is just weakness leaving the... gamer.

on that note, i learned all about mind hunts from you, and about the naivety in planning on relying on a particular strategy from both you and randvek (blessed blindfighters don't do so well against elephants or hydras). and then of course about adapting and finding new strategies to compensate.

i'm curious to see what tricks a 'good' player has up their sleeves. it might be scary, since i've heard mictlan is always a pretty powerful nation.
Old May 24th, 2008, 12:32 AM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

I am afraid blindfighters are not good against anything without Darkness. Even with E9 bless their encumbrance is too high and short sword is not a best weapon either. And I think Risen Oracle would be better than Cyclops.

You are on turn 54 so Bogarus with huge research bonus may already have ALL research complete. In other game I had all research done around turn 65 with Mictlan. So it should be interesting here Agartha is really great in late game.

LA Agartha guide
Old May 24th, 2008, 02:42 AM

Captain

sansanjuan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ironhawk said:
Greetings to my fellow dieties!

I have agreed to take over control of Mictlan and look forward to an enjoyable game with you. My priests shall be instructed to sacrifice 10 slaves each to honor this occassion!!

IH,
If you didn't get the memo. Mictlan was in the process of surrendering to Utgard. They have brought an honor guard to the Utgardian capital to deliver their.. um.. GIFTS! Just leave them outside the gate and we'll pick them up later.

-SSJ

"I yam what I yam" - Popeye
Old May 24th, 2008, 02:54 AM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

LOL, nice sansanjuan!

I will be sending my "diplomats" in to deliver our "gifts" very soon. Please have a welcome delegation waiting
Old May 24th, 2008, 05:35 AM

Corporal

Randvek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Zeldor said:
I am afraid blindfighters are not good against anything without Darkness. Even with E9 bless their encumbrance is too high and short sword is not a best weapon either.
I agree. With how much I love Agartha in general, it's a pity that Blindfighters don't have more oomph to them. Unless you're fighting in darkness, I don't see a real use for them against even other infantry, let alone big stuff like eles and hydras.
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:55 AM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Stinky Slimy Things

I didn't realize blood magic was so powerful that it actually lets you summon a better player!

Regardless, Pangaea welcomes you to the game, Ironhawk!

A few things, to bring you up to speed:

1) A cataclysmic collision between noble Pangaea and sinister Tien Chi is about to unfold far to your Northeast. Very far. In fact, so far that the Tien Chi's Tartarian-backed super-army couldn't possibly wheel South fast enough to stop a preemptive invasion. Just so you know.

2) Nathgul, that lovable starspawn-in-a-jar, was recently misplaced by his Tien Chi stewards. But we can rebuild him...we have the technology.

3) Pangaea is a happy land of fun and peace. Certainly not a threat to anyone.

We're all looking forward to a sound thrashing from you Ironhawk. Cheers
Old May 24th, 2008, 12:29 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Ok, I got my first turn in - woo hoo! Never used llamaserver before, its pretty cool. Also my first time really using a blood nation which is pretty interesting. Tho it seems like all the territory in this game is like crazy mountain passes and stuff. Where do all the virgins live???

[edit]
Oh yeah - I'm leaving now for the weekend. If the next turn generates, please hold it for me until I get back on Monday night, pacific time.
[edit]
Old May 24th, 2008, 01:05 PM

Corporal

hoo is on a distinguished road

Ironhawk: Do realize that you have you have several NAPs in effect. NAP 3 with Bogarus and TC for sure. I'd ask you to honor them due to the player change.

I think Mictlan is the best country so I expect you'll win but we'll see.
Old May 24th, 2008, 11:48 PM

BANNED USER

Omnirizon is on a distinguished road

argatha just formed a border with mictlan a couple of turns ago. we are both (or we were both) quite busy with other stuff, and havn't even communicated. I suppose a new "head cheif/preist/big-man" (whatever s. americanish horticulture civilizations had for leaders) may wish for more formal relations than the previous, somewhat unorganized, one.

thus we extend you a NAP-5. we can do a NAP-3 if you prefer, but we argathans are solid but slow moving, and prefer similar politics and treaties.
Old May 25th, 2008, 01:01 AM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road
Default Pangea Seems to Be Smoking Its Own Undead Weed

Pan:
While we normally find your bits of disinformation amusing, we were a bit dismayed to read item 1 on the Pangea propaganda list, which we felt crossed the line. Should Mictlan read your suggestion of preemptive attack, see his horde of demons and decide to move them into TC with his first turn, then the game has truly been disrupted by Sifyka stepping down. This would be no better than had Mictlan gone AI as it disregards all of the strategic underpinnings that have led to the current situation. In particular, your post ignores the history that should have been told before you advised our newest player to attack me.

TC has made it no secret that we have considered Pan one of the most dangerous players going back to his very early castings of two globals and ability to generate gobs of manikins. His huge gem income has been evidenced with his ability to instantly replace a dispelled global and his suite of elemental royalty and SCs (air, fire, water, banefire kings, faery queens, vampire lords, just to name a few who we have seen). Yes TC has Tartarians though we stopped summoning them a while back - who knows what the new patch will do to them and they are not particularly effective against hordes of mannikins - just ask Chains.

We have tried to bring together some nations to help weaken Pan. Mictlan answered the call. We signed a long NAP and agreed to attack Pans chief ally, Utgard, so that Mictlan could eventually have a front to attack Pan (sorry Sansa - bad geogrpahy)

This has led to the current situation when Pan declared war and invaded TC in response to our war with Utgard. The Pangean attack was repelled but I believe TC is the only nation at war with Pan, and still at war with Utgard. While having Mictlan change in 1 turn from friend to enemy would certainly aid Pans cause, I cannot see how that sort of victory would give Pan any joy. TC doesnt expect the new Mictlan to necessarily have the same friendship that we shared with the old Mictlan, but to suggest they attack us immediately would not be in the spirit of a good game IMHO.

The TC Ministry of Truth
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.