This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old December 12th, 2007, 11:39 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: New PC

Damn thing still runs fine and occasionally I fire her up to play a few levels of Dark Forces and some DOOM.
Old December 13th, 2007, 12:08 AM

First Lieutenant

Xrati is on a distinguished road

While I have newer computers, my oldest is a PII 333, 384Meg Ram with an ATI card (the last update on it) with 4meg. Running Win98SE and Caldara in a dual boot setup. It servered me so well that I just have a hard time getting rid of it. It's no longer hooked up to anything, but I still have it here. It's the only one I have that I can still run Starflight on...
Old December 18th, 2007, 07:48 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Well I should have known. They promise to have the PC to me by the 21st, but haven't updated their tracking site since ever. So I call them, and am told that even though I paid for the service, and they guaranteed it, I will now not get my computer until "January sometime." WTF! I am just feeling like I just got played like a chump. I will cancel my order if it isn't delivered by the date they quoted originally I am going to cancel my order.
Old December 18th, 2007, 08:02 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fyron is an unknown quantity at this point

Was there an actual guarantee, or just a preliminary ship date listing?
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old December 18th, 2007, 08:20 PM

First Lieutenant

Xrati is on a distinguished road

That's how business's run now. They take your money and THEN tell you that they don't have one!!!

I hope you paid by credit card? Then you can tell them to cancel the order and call the card company to expidite your refund...
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:10 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

It was a guarantee posted on their web site. "Order by Dec 10th and we will Guarantee arrival before Christmas." - I paid for 3 day Fed-X shipping and was given a deliver date of no later than Dec 21st. That has been pushed back do to back order on the video card to "some time in January."

*deep breath* I guess it is that time of year. I did pay with a Credit Card. The only way to pay when ordering things on line or buying them from Fry's Electronics. . (If it don't work, you don't pay.)
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:23 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Well, the 8800GT is as scarce as water in the Sahara right now.. Doesn't surprise me to see it as the reason. :-\

Xrati:
It all depends on what company you are dealing with; some are quite up front about it, and actually tell you its out of stock. In my experience, most brick and mortar stores are good about this, as are places like Newegg et all. Little boutique computer dealers are usually not run as well, and tend to not be as on top of things.
--- Due to restrictively low sig limits, you must visit this link to view the rest of my signature.
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:30 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I did some checking and Fyron is correct, they are hard to come by so a having them on back order is viable excuse for a delay. However I wish they would have sent me an email updating me on the situation rather than leaving me to swing in the wind wondering WTF was going on. So I will give them until the 10th of January to make good.

I wonder if I should ask for a rebate of some kind on the system given as how they cannot meet their "guaranteed" dead line?
Old December 18th, 2007, 11:17 PM

General

Renegade 13 is on a distinguished road

Wouldn't hurt to try. They made a guarantee that they can not meet, and you should try to get at least a small amount off the original purchase price. Hell, just tell them to pay for your shipping costs for you and call it even Never know, they may go for it.

Maturity is knowing you were an idiot in the past. Wisdom is knowing that you'll be an idiot in the future.

Download the Nosral Confederacy (a shipset based upon the Phong) and the Tyrellian Imperium, an organic looking shipset I created! (The Nosral are the better of the two [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Grin.gif[/img] )
Old December 19th, 2007, 03:03 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

I suspect it wasn't really a guarantee, just a note about when to place an order so that a certain shipping option should make it before Christmas...