ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old September 10th, 2005, 12:50 AM

Sergeant

Listy is on a distinguished road
Default LBM creation question.

I'm trying to create some LBM's. I know that they're not allowed to be colour ones, however, when I loaded it all up, MOBhack just showed a huge white square. This square covered most of the MOBhack window. what did I do wrong?

Edit: I had a play, now It's all pixelated, like interfearnce on a TV.

I'm using Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8.

Thanks.
Old September 10th, 2005, 04:01 AM

Corporal

Gooseman2448 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LBM creation question.

Well, to start. I know color pics are not supposed to be used but, I seem to get them working in my DL copy.

I use PSP 7 and I can help you out.

1. Open image in PSP.
2. Resize image (under image to 160 x 80), if it is distorted you may need to use seletion to copy and paste a good section of the piture to a new picture and resize again until you get a good looking picture. This takes practice.
3. Once you get it resized, go under color and decrease the depth to 256k (8 bit). I use optimized median cut and nearest color. This gets you the closest color conversion.
4. Go back to color and select load palette. Go to C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPMBT\Game Data\Design\Palettes and you can choose witch WinSPMBT palette you want to use. Don't use JASC_WINSP_FULL_PALLETE.pal. This is the one that has the active colors for water in the game.
5. Now you should be ready to save it. Goto File save as, name it any name, unless you know which number .lbm it will be. After you name it select the save as type scroll and scroll up until you find Deluxe Paint(*.lbm). Then save it.

Now just find out the last used numbered .lbm rename your file and copy it to C:\Program Files\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPMBT\Game Data\Pictures. Open MOBHACK and select and save.

Sorry if this is too descriptive, I figure there are others who might want to know how that are not as familar with PSP.

Hope it works, have fun.
Old September 10th, 2005, 04:15 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,860 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Colour pictures will "swim" or shimmer if used as unit LBM, if you use the "info" screen on an enemy unit over a map, necause the game palette uses several of the palette positions used in the colour palette as the cycling colours for smoke, rivers, fires etc.

Colour LBM are therefore only useful for those used in the out of game map link pictures seen on some intermediate screens.

Cheers
Andy
Old September 10th, 2005, 11:23 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,475 Times in 2,709 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Listy said:
I'm trying to create some LBM's. I know that they're not allowed to be colour ones, however, when I loaded it all up, MOBhack just showed a huge white square. This square covered most of the MOBhack window. what did I do wrong?

Edit: I had a play, now It's all pixelated, like interfearnce on a TV.

I'm using Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8.

Thanks.

IF you want to use colour pics that fine but the palette is simply NOT capable of consistantly ( that word is important ) producing satisfactory images. Most of the colour ones you do see were the result of trial and error with a number of photos to get one that the colours came out, more or less, "normal" looking. That is why I standardized all game PIC's to B&W becasue the range of greys is much wider than the individual colours. I know there is a little cottage industry of people building colour pics for the game and in many cases some of them are quite good but it's impossible to get 100% colour and it IS possible to get 100% B&W

If you want to TRY colour you can but use the JASC_WINSP_COLOUR_PICPAL.pal found in the \Game Data\Design\Palettes folder rather than JASC_WINSP_PICPAL.pal

However...... that's not your main problem here. I suspect your main problem is you didn't make your PIC 160 x 80 pixels and I also suspect if it's "ll pixelated, like interfearnce on a TV " you didn't apply the PIC palette found in the above mentioned game folder. In PSP click on COLORS then LOAD PALETTE

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old September 10th, 2005, 04:23 PM

Sergeant

Got it thanks.

I was using the wrong palette.

Now my mods can have A new level Of realism! Muwhahahahhaha... ahem.
Old September 10th, 2005, 05:01 PM

Corporal

Beeg is on a distinguished road

One question guys...how come y'all keep spelling 'color' wrong?

EDIT - Just a joke!
Old September 10th, 2005, 06:04 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The English language is highly adaptable and spellings vary. Some nations dropped the U from words like Colour and Honour and others spell them color and honor. Same words. Same meaning. Both spellings are correct but not all in the same places

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle..
Old September 10th, 2005, 06:11 PM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road

Question

Can I create a set of color LBM's for display before scenerios? If Yes what sort of numbers for this Lbm's schold I use and can I send this set for SPCAMO for use in next version of WinSPMBT. Color Intro Lbm's numbers are coded in game or in some files like picklist?
Old September 10th, 2005, 06:32 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The colour PIC numbers are hard coded

I don't have the list of pics at my fingertips ATM. I'm a bit busy with other things

If you make better ones I will consider them on an individual basis but not sight unseen and certainly not sight unseen as a full package.

Once we get this patch out of the way we will be up to our ears in WW2 and nothing much is going to be added to MBT until that project is completed. I have had the experience of trying to build two games at the same time and it's not going to happen again.

Don

Old September 10th, 2005, 07:06 PM

Sergeant

I can understand too much work load, so, how about a selection of volunteers's to continue smoothing over MBT?

Obviously not in the game code, but doing stuff like working on OOB's, creating and finding new LBM's and missing Icons.