.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 21st, 2009, 04:57 PM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Madness - 24 players, MA+LA, CBM 1.4 (running)

Horror? Where?

LA Agartha guide
Old April 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

Well you said "you need to sub out Caelum" so I assumed your position was subbable. I didn't realize your nation was in ruins and based on the comments of others around you, it sounded like Caelum going AI was going to seriously impact the game.

Anyway, I b**** at most people that go AI while they have some fight left in them, especially if it impacts a game that a lot of people have invested time in.

But in this case, I am not in a position to judge the impact of Caelum going AI since i have no scouts in your lands. And I am actually biased to end this game since it does feel like being a rat in Zeldor's maze
Old April 21st, 2009, 05:53 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorazon View Post
Well you said "you need to sub out Caelum" so I assumed your position was subbable. I didn't realize your nation was in ruins and based on the comments of others around you, it sounded like Caelum going AI was going to seriously impact the game.
I said sub it out or I go AI. I felt that was more polite than just outright saying "I am going AI". The option was not taken, so the latter occurred.

As it stood, I was grinding C'tis down, and despite the ruination of wave after wave of brave Caelians (from Disease), I would eventually be the victor. Had it been a 1v1 against C'tis, I am certain he would have won at this point, but I would have stayed for the thrill of the battle. As it was, getting stabbed in the kidneys by the top dog while my nation is anemic from attrition was a sign of the quick and certain doom of the nation. Just to reiterate for the millionth time - had it been anything even remotely resembling a fighting chance, I'd have put in the time, I just don't have time for this.
Old April 21st, 2009, 06:38 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrison View Post
Had it been a 1v1 against T'ien Ch'i
Freudian. 8 \

Oh and to clarify, it's not like I'm out of this game so I can join another one ASAP, and maybe abandon it if I get pissed off. I'm pissed off because of my current time constraints, which aren't allowing me to keep up at all, and I'm just shedding games at this point, and will probably take a break from MP for awhile once I get disentangled.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:01 AM

Sergeant

Reay is on a distinguished road

I was surprised when I took over one of the gateway provinces and found I could recruit not only Troll Mages, but also Circle Masters. These are very powerful units and we all should have known about this before the game started. Midgard and TC seem to have benefited a lot from these provinces with Troll Mage thug's rampaging around.

I always play to the bitter end in my games, having never gone AI. MA Caelum going AI right now is quite unbalancing to this game. However, I have been having fun so I would be disappointed if it stopped.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 07:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

Wokeye is on a distinguished road

I say if JM really needs to exit the game due to RL reasons then so be it, AI it up if a sub cant be found (by JM) ASAP. Sounds like he fighting a losing battle anyway so I can't really see how it would unbalance the game. MIght even distract my besiegers for a few turns

In other news, I hate Leprosy almost as much as I hate golem thugs.
Old April 22nd, 2009, 08:06 AM

Sergeant

Reay is on a distinguished road

Hmm perhaps not unbalance the game, but at least it gives TC more of an advantage. He has already gone AI and I wasn't prepared for it at all.

BTW I can't believe Leprosy is only 5 gems in CBM. Hopefully QM makes it cost more in the next version. Just the micromanagement stress alone is worth 10 gems .
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:07 PM

General

I have added 24h to the timer. I'd like statttis and homer to say smth about archaes words.

And archae and doncorazon should seek the sub actively, I don't call it active with no thread created with announcement. I can do it as a game admin, but it should be rather you doing it.

JimMorrison:
Huh, it's not first time you go AI without losing anything really. Hard to learn anything that way. Maybe it's the reason why others are bigger than you and you lose over and over again? You wanted to fight with me here. You provoked me. So why did you wait? You should have attacked me then. You'd either win or lose. But what did you expect? That I will really forget that? You made nothing to prepare for inevitable.

LA Agartha guide
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:06 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor View Post
JimMorrison:
Huh, it's not first time you go AI without losing anything really. Hard to learn anything that way.
You pulled the same thing in HumanWar, and I was starting to have less time for Dominions already - your gross manipulation of a new player, and opportunistic vulturing ensured that was the first to get cut (was in a LOT of games). Due to an error with a gem carrying scout, I had been unable to get Rain cast in the battle the turn before - my army was in ruins. I had to move all reinforcements forward, or lose that front. But oh wait, you had reduced my net income to 100 by cleaning me out of the water already. Lost nothing? I had lost the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor View Post
You wanted to fight with me here. You provoked me. So why did you wait? You should have attacked me then.
Don't even pretend that you didn't talk to C'tis. I waited, because just when I was about to launch forces at you, he declared war. It took several turns to convince him to back off, and then what? The next turn he tells me he'll just have to go to war with me anyway, and then refuses to continue dialogue. And again, you postured for some time before attacking. If you had just attacked me, It would have been more sporting. But you had to wait for me to lose ~50 mages and have another 50 diseased in C'tis territory before attacking. Bravo.

Maybe if you weren't afraid to have a remotely fair fight, I would be more happy to spend my diminishing Dominions time "learning" from you.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:09 PM

General

Of course that I attacked you in HumanWar because you seemed to be the easiest target. It was obvious choice - you had water provinces near me, with high pop, inside my dominion, linking to many other provs. And you had no army to defend them. And we had no NAP. And you attacked my ally. I conquered all your provs because you let me do so. It's strange that no one else decided to do the same thing earlier.

Generally there is one rule about wars in Dominions - "when you get into fair fight, it means you did something wrong".

You wanted to fight with me here in Madness. You made the first move, you took one prov with important magic site. You put big armies near my borders. And now you blame me for not attacking you? I was not ready to handle Pan attack in that time, and you parked huge army with your pretender in my lands. And of course that I talked with C'tis. He'd gain nothing from you killing me, he'd be just next target. But here he had chance to reclaim his lands, or at least do something. And of course that I waited for a good moment to attack you - moment when I'd no longer have to worry about Pan and have spells researched to deal with your big armies. I thought that there is no military activity with C'tis though, I had no scouts there and score graphs for provs were pretty much even. At least I know what you had all that unforted temples for

LA Agartha guide