.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old June 20th, 2004, 06:11 AM

Sergeant

Blitz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arcoscephale Golden Era AAR

Turn Nine
`````````

Hell hath no fury like an angel posessed. While I had hoped that the armies of Pythium would remain in Avocca to be slaughtered by our Flambeau-wielding angel of death, they retreated back whence they came, leaving only a few irregulars behind. Perhaps they know how close they came to death just one month ago. Whatever the reason, Avocca is ours again, and with the gold saved in our coffers, Syren begins construction of a new castle on the mainland. While not the best province for a base of operations, Avocca will have to do for now. Our slow myrmidons will get to the front lines much more quickly with a training facility on the mainland. Lady Andromache and the remains of the army make plans to rejoin her there, however I instruct the myrmidons to stay out of any battles that may occur. They protest, but I assure them that they are needed for the "protection" of Lady Andromache. This seems to satisfy them, but in truth I fear their presence in battle may do more harm than good, and I do not wish to risk losing our new castle.

With the coffers strained by the purchace of a castle, I return to the training of myrmidons... but manage to afford a philosopher as well. Mesthies and four new men begin their trek to the mainland. Our new wind lord Melas has arrived, but I do not have plans for him as of yet. He will remain at the palace for now, but soon he will become the new voice of Syren for the people.
Old June 20th, 2004, 06:30 AM

Sergeant

Turn Ten
````````

Ominous word from Nanvather in Ulm. The nation of Ulm spans seven provinces, and they seems sure to make their move onto the mainland soon. The better news came from the labs, where word that both Alteration 3 and Construction 1 had been discovered. Now all the nation's best thinkers will be put to devising the best mechanical creations ever seen by man. But first, something must be done about our poor supply of earth gems. I order the philosophers to turn their attention towards thamataurgy for now, and return to construction once they have discovered a means to scour the lands for earth and astral gems. For my plan to work, we will need them, and need them soon.

Andromache, having arrived in Avoca with Syren, sets about building a lab, while Mesthies and his myrmidons move to reinforce the main army. Melas has only one myrmidon to lead at the castle, but as his time is valuable, I do not want to waste him there. He begins for the front, passing through the Isle of White Oak. While our armies take a break from war, the blacksmiths do not rest. In addition to yet another philosopher, four myrmidons will be ready for duty next turn. Soon our forward base will be ready, and the heavy cavalry will be mine.
Old June 20th, 2004, 06:32 AM

Sergeant

At this point pythium attacks with two hydras and four hatchlings. They win, we retreat to Isle of Oak. I get pissed off.

I picked a bad game to make my first AAR =)