.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 15th, 2008, 04:10 PM

Captain

CUnknown is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Global War (started!)

Turn up!

We will be sticking to a strict 48-h policy from now on. This includes members from my own team, of course.

Basically, there will be no more extensions for anyone, short of a death in the family or something like that. The timer may still reset from time to time, if my computer has to restart. If so, we will stick to the stated time on the server, unless I post here saying otherwise.

So, basically, I'm saying that I will not mess with the game clock anymore. The time remaining on the clock is the amount of time you have. If it resets, well, I guess there will be some extra time for people in that case. Unless I state otherwise.

Another caveat -- if I lose internet for an extended period of time, of course to be fair I will extend the game clock.
Old June 15th, 2008, 09:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

IndyPendant is on a distinguished road

Well, I think advance requests of a short extension (say, by 24-48 hours) are fine, because we can all then plan around it. But random extensions without a time limit for a player that for an unknown reason (at worst, simple selfish laziness) cannot get their turn in on time, so that we have absolutely no idea when the next turn will pop? And not once or twice, but almost every turn? That bugs the hell out of me. We don't need to overcompensate in the other direction though. ; )

So may I be the first to applaud your new stance? Loudly and clearly!

I do have a related concern: the week starting June ?30th? I would like to ask that the game be switched to a 72-hour timer. That's only one extra day, and only for 2-3 turns. I'm going away for a week-long trip with only intermittent internet access, and will almost certainly stale out at least once if we maintain a 48-hour timer. Feel free to keep Quickhost on though; I will still try to make sure there are no delays!
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:57 AM

Captain

That is the July 4th weekend, right? Sure, I don't have a problem with extensions for national holidays and stuff like that. I doubt anyone does. Of course not everyone lives in the US. But you get what I'm saying.
Old June 16th, 2008, 01:29 AM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

Burninator,

Before you send any more slayers to their deaths, you should know by now that the sidhe think your horror spam are cute wisps of cotton candy that make the elflings giggle.

TNN
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.
Old June 16th, 2008, 07:40 AM

Sergeant

Kheldron is on a distinguished road

I'm also perfectly fine with short extensions requested in advance
There's a world between a 72h-timer once in a while and what we lived through the last two weeks...
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:30 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
DonCorazon said:
Burninator,

Before you send any more slayers to their deaths, you should know by now that the sidhe think your horror spam are cute wisps of cotton candy that make the elflings giggle.

TNN
LIMP WRIST PRIME TALKS BIG FROM BEHIND THE BODIES PILING IN PYTHIUM AND ARCOSCEPHALE. THE BURNINATOR IS NO RAGING BULL TO BE GOADED INTO ACTING OUT OF HIS PLAN, BUT WORRY NOT FOR BURNINATION SHALL COME TO THE SPARKLE FAIRY BOYS IN ERIU IN GOOD TIME. CONTINUE TO PARADE THE BODIES OF OUR SCOUTS AND PROCLAIM VICTORY, WE ARE DUELY CHASTENED.

AS TO THESE SO CALLED HARBINGERS, LET US SEE IF 150% FIRE RESISTANCE IS SUFFICIENT TO SURVIVE BURNINANTION. THE BURNINATOR IS EVEN MORE CONTEMPTUOUS OF THE RABBLE RAISED IN ARCOSCEPHALE, I CERTAINLY HOPE YOU HAVE A BETTER PLAN THAN MARCHING ELEPHANTS AND ARCHERS INTO THE BURNINATOR'S PLAINS. THIS SHOULD PROVE DELECTABLE.
Old June 16th, 2008, 01:56 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

Burninator,
You need to shave your eyebrows and get some product for your hair, not too mention some better fragrance - you smell like charred elephant.

And, don't think your six guides and psychotic ALL CAP postings scare the sidhe / we will keep listening to the Pet Shop Boys with our spiky hair and glitter jackets:

Sometimes you're better off dead
There's gun in your hand and it's pointing at your head
You think you're mad, too unstable
Kicking in chairs and knocking down tables
In a restaurant in a West End town
Call the police, there's a madman around
Running down underground to a dive bar
In a West End town

(I I I)
(Huh Huh Huh)
(I I I I)
(Huh Huh Huh-Huh-Huh-Huh)
(I-I-I-I-I-I-I-...)

- Fabulous Eriu, the Glam Nation
i crossed blades with the mightiest warriors of the golden age. i witnessed with sorrow the schism that led to the passing of legends. now my sword hangs in its scabbard, with nothing but memories to keep it warm.
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

moderation is on a distinguished road

Bump. Just a reminder for Good team to respond to emails if they're not too busy.

I'd second Tuidjy and pass on the trash talk. However I'm surprised DonCorazon would admit to listening to the Pet Shop Boys. That's guts! Or something... I guess.

By the way, I would submit my turn earlier, except for the fact that quickhost is on. I'd prefer the ability to change details based on new communications or just things I think of later on.
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:50 AM

Captain

Next game, I am going to -require- trash talk!!!
Old June 17th, 2008, 12:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
CUnknown said:
Next game, I am going to -require- trash talk!!!
Personally I love those games. I enjoy the RPG (role-playing games) talk more than the spreadsheet strategist talk.

But as a moderator this seems a good time to mention that Shrapnel prefers that the public forum NOT be used for trashtalk about individuals. Purely as a GUIDELINE (not absolute to all cases) when talk shifts from nation talking about nation, or pretender talking about pretender, into login talking directly about another login... then we will be looking at a possible moderator action.

{/moderator]
Sorry for the intrusion.
I now return you to your regularly sheduled trashtalk
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)