Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old March 5th, 2024, 02:05 PM

Corporal

Hermit is on a distinguished road
Default Fortification and crewed guns

I apologize if this has already been answered, but I read the game guide and searched the Forum for both "Fortification" and "Bunker" and did not find an answer.
I am buying units for a defense, and see that some bunkers have a "1xx" carry capacity, indicating they can carry crewed weapons. Can these weapons fire from the bunker? Passengers normally cannot fire from transports. I am playing a Long Campaign as U.S., the opponent is China, date is 3/54. I would like to have some AT capability from the heavy bunkers, and the native unit only has light weapons or close assault AT weapons.
Old March 5th, 2024, 02:08 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Fortification and crewed guns

Whoops, I see now this is the WWII Forum. I must have gotten here from my searches. That last post was for the WinSPMBT Forum. Again, apologies.
Old March 5th, 2024, 02:45 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

my understanding is "NO" - passengers / occupants cannot fire from "transports"

(easy enough to set up a quick game to test...)

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post:
Old March 5th, 2024, 03:27 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Passengers of bunkers cannot fire, the bunker does that with its own weapons like an APC would.

There are 'shelter bunkers' with no weapons or only a carbine, we added those because some scenario designer really wanted them aeons ago for some reason though I cannot recollect seeing any actual scenarios using them, though there must be two or three I suppose?.

Same applies - any infantry, mortar or AT gun sheltering in one of those will have to debuss to fire.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old March 5th, 2024, 05:59 PM

Corporal

Thank you both for the prompt replies. I suspected this might be the case, but was hoping I was wrong. Creating a sample game was a good suggestion, but I'm right in the middle of unit selection and can't save what I've already got. Guess I will just leave my AT guns in their sandbagged revetments instead... and pray that the artillery gods do not find them easily
Old March 6th, 2024, 08:52 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Fortification and crewed guns

The fortifications and bunkers that were given a 1xx carry capacity were done that way so a player could "load" units, including mortars and any other crew served gun, into the armed bunker for protection. Theoretically, you could "load" mortars and their crews into a bunker/fort that has a 1xx carry capacity and "unload" them during the game, fire some mortar rounds then scoot back into the bunker for protection from enemy return fire fire.

IDK if anyone has actually done that but it could be done. The 1xx means you could hide an AT gun in there as well

As for shelter bunkers in scenarios, there are DOZENS of them in the scenarios.

From the SQL tab in ScenHack run

select distinct ScenNum, sTitle, Unit, uName , uclass from sData where (( LOWER(uName) like "%shelter bunker%"))
and uClass=0

"Theoretically" caves or concrete bunkers with a 2xx carry cap could be built to hide vehicles in. There are none built in the game but they could be built by a scenario designer using the in-game editor to, among other things simulate a Railroad tunnel.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; March 6th, 2024 at 04:03 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old March 16th, 2024, 04:48 AM

Sergeant

Griefbringer is on a distinguished road

Back to the original topic of providing bunkers with AT capability, in the WW2 variant OOBs there readily exists a good number of bunkers armed with anti-tank guns. I haven't played SP:MBT for a while, so cannot recall how many of those appear in the OOBs there, but if you really miss them you could try editing the OOBs and adding an anti-tank gun bunker there.

Then again, if playing a long campaign, you cannot haver bunkers in your core force, so they could not gain experience - probably much more fun to play with regular anti-tank guns (and their vulnerability just adds to the excitement).