Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 8th, 2023, 09:59 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SP and SPAA Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejos View Post
No they don't arrived and is no any information that they are in transfer. Poland ordered 500 Himars. First mentioned will be on Oshkosh American truck rest 480 will be build on place on Jelcz chassis.
500???

I seriously doubt the US Army and USMC have 500 M270s/Himars between them.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old February 9th, 2023, 04:02 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: SP and SPAA Developments

The sale of HIMARS is still in the proposal stage. The Dept. of State has approved the sale and has notified Congress which will have to approve it. From there it goes to the President. All will approve of the sale. It will take some time.

Before I continue that'll be 18 launcher systems (Truck mounted) and 468 HIMARS Launcher Loader Module kits (Weapons Pods.) plus more as ref below breaks down nicely.)

As is mostly the case correct my "marine buddy" is seriously correct.

One of my "*****es" out here but please contain your enthusiasm, take a deep breath and proceed to read your sources carefully and slowly to avoid confusion and possible unnecessary work.

And I've been there myself and for those that have been here awhile, might remember my fun with MRAPS (For your entertainment as time allows, you'll find it all at the start of that Thread.) back when I thought I could be of some help out here!?!

Indications are unlike the ones sent to the Ukraine, Poland's will be "new build" ones and not from USA inventory for which we've also have contracted Lockheed Martin to build new units to replace (Ones sent to the Ukraine.) and to further increase our inventory of HIMARS.

If the decision in the end should change and be taken from USA inventory instead, I feel your date should be about right.

But this article clearly states Lockheed Martin has been contracted to fulfill the Poland contract in which case you'll be looking at 1 - 1.5 years.

If we continue sending more from our stocks to the Ukraine in the interim, you can guess who'll have priority in the new production units. It won't be Poland.

The world is focused on the Ukraine but given recent events here in regard to China to include the cancellation of the Sec. of State visit that was scheduled for next week, things are a little more tense now.

Some reputable "think tanks" see the possibility we might go to a limited war with China as early as 2025 given current events. This has been reported by the "mainstream" media here.

This of course is hypothetical at this point but, if the trend continues, you'll see a policy shift more towards the Far East from us over time.

My best guess is at least a year away or more for Poland. The para below from the ref would seem to support this.

"The principal contractor will be Lockheed Martin, Grand Prairie, TX. Implementation of this proposed sale will require U.S. Government or contractor representatives to travel to Poland for program management reviews to support the program. Travel is expected to occur approximately twice per year as needed to support equipment fielding and training.

This notice of a potential sale is required by law. The description and dollar value is for the highest estimated quantity and dollar value based on initial requirements. Actual dollar value will be lower depending on final requirements, budget authority, and signed sales agreement(s), if and when concluded."
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...0_billion.html

On a side issue while "We are fighting our annual War on Terror" please PM me for "drop dead date" to send my final submission to include 5 new build tanks (Across 4 countries.) with some changes to an OOB (Done with one new build and an export almost finished. ).

And no, I'm NOT saying for who or what. You stay with the Ukraine etc. as I've invested too much on this project not to finish it myself for this submission or next with all due respect.

I need some sleep next week "the world is going to ****" and we're just ramping up to it.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 9th, 2023 at 12:44 PM..
Old February 9th, 2023, 04:47 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
Before I continue that'll be 18 launcher systems (Truck mounted) and 468 HIMARS Launcher Loader Module kits (Weapons Pods.) plus more as ref below breaks down nicely.)
OK, 500 Launcher Loader Modules make far more sense.
Still a lot for 18 launchers, 26 each.
Thanx !

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

Last edited by Suhiir; February 9th, 2023 at 04:55 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old February 9th, 2023, 05:38 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

FWIW ( and it's always a moving target ) I would want all info / scenarios etc to me by late March for both games. That is not a release date. Late march gives us time to assemble check and recheck without a "Columbo" "just one more thing...." distraction..... there will ALWAYS be "just one more thing" but a line needs to be drawn

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 9th, 2023, 01:03 PM

Lieutenant General

And as I discussed in my last post comes this today.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...e5fbeafb786884

Now to lunch and work.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 9th, 2023 at 01:27 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old February 11th, 2023, 05:02 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

There is a lot of info regarding the US sending Ukraine RIM-7 ( or maybe it's the ESSM....maybe, maybe not ) for use with Ukraines 9K37/SA-11's

There seems to be a number of different potential configurations

I have seen photos of twin set ups but that was with the ESSM
I have seen photos of a Czech project that mounts the ESSM with 3 missiles each in an enclosed tube
I have seen 4 missiles exposed
Naval launchers have 4x2 missiles

FOR NOW I have them in the OOB with 4 just as the existing SA-11 with the Buk

This is NOT a request for anyone to start digging but if anyone sees something in a week or two or three... post it here.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 12th, 2023, 07:27 PM

Lieutenant General

I've got an old friend I've known for 50yrs+ on the road to here now.

So, I can have the night free to spend with us, I came across these two articles concerning the GEPARD apparently, they're performing better than maybe was anticipated.

I posted on the planned "minor" tweaks made to improve the systems but, more importantly the "newer" round it's also using that I previously posted on and provided a video showing its use in combat by the Ukraine.
"They fire the potent 35×228 mm standard NATO round in a range of types, such as HEI (High-Explosive Incendiary), FAPDS (Frangible Armor-Piercing Discarding-Sabot) and SAPHEI (Semi Armor-Piercing High-Explosive Incendiary). Usually Gepards are loaded with around 320 anti-aircraft rounds and 20 armor piercing rounds per gun."

This the first time they've been used in combat from what I can find. So bottom-line it works very well.

So, you can consider this post a SITREP.
https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-war...drones-1756993
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...44c01f1323b93f

Anyway, company is here!

Regards,
Pat

The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old February 13th, 2023, 02:16 AM

Lieutenant General

I'll try to keep this "short and sweet" the Sea Sparrow (RIM-7) is a USN system that's been around for decades but has had several modifications over the years which has been continued to this day.

Take NOTE of the picture in ref 1, my Son-in-Law is in charge of those and associated systems on his Carrier. Those SAM systems are highly accurate" and can attack "sea skimmers" down to 6 or 8 meters and anything above that. If it fly's it's a target.

That being said the primary purpose is to take out cruise missiles.

Ukraine is not receiving the USA version at this time. We were smart enough in its development to introduce a variant that was/is capable to operate with the 9K37 Buk missile system which is what the Ukraine currently operates.

I believe this will be a more capable missile than the currently used 9М38M1 missile.
https://www.technology.org/2023/01/0...-is-important/
https://weaponsystems.net/system/139...0Sea%20Sparrow
https://en.defence-ua.com/weapon_and...blem-5354.html
https://www.navy.mil/Resources/Fact-...missile-rim-7/

With a 90lb. warhead moving at Mach 3/3.5 that's a BAD DAY for a HIND or anything else within its range.

Just "BUK'em out!!"

If you have any questions let me know-I'm out, seeing the Doc later in the morning.

Oh, before I forget the timing on them receiving those missiles should coincide with the delivery of BRADLEY as they were in the same weapons package.

EDIT: TAIWAN uses them for land purposes as the SKYGUARD SHORAD system as well as in Naval capacity. Other operators as listed in ref. 2 I believe are used only for Naval applications.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 13th, 2023 at 02:30 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old February 14th, 2023, 11:18 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

While digging around for info I found this.....

Quote:
In December 2020, Germany's Federal Security Council issued a final export license for the sale of 15 Gepard self-propelled anti-aircraft tracked armored vehicles to Qatar, which were delivered in 2021.

So I dutifully put the Gepard into the Gulf States OOB and built an icon.........

and got it all done then found this...........

Quote:
as of Feb 2023 it was announced that Germany wants to buy the 15 Gepard anti-aircraft tanks with ammunition back from Qatar and send them to the Ukrainian Armed Forces

< I LOVE my job........>

SERIOUSLY.... How many times has a weapon been sold then 6 months later the seller asks for it back so they can give it to someone else? WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

Last edited by DRG; February 14th, 2023 at 12:27 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 15th, 2023, 07:40 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

I love the icon though please keep it in the files!

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post: