.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old July 21st, 2010, 11:55 AM

Private

Conq is on a distinguished road
Default Why is my army blind?

So im playing a game against the AI and I have a small thug army of 4 kitted out gargoyles, 2 kitted iron dragons, and one kitted siege golem.

I'm playing on an old computer (at work ) so I cant really watch the battle replays because they are so slow. Right now i'm fighting against Marignon and they somehow managed to blind every single one of my units and I have no idea how, so now i'm sending them back to the castle to wait for the Chalice to get passed around.

And as a side note if I put an eye of aiming on them will it fix their blindness permanently?

Thanks
Old July 21st, 2010, 01:07 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why is my army blind?

Try turning the graphics setting lower.

Id have to do some digging for a specifically Dom2 answer. But in Dom3 Id recommend creating a separate desktop shortcut. One to call Dominions the way you like to play it. And one that calls it with the ugly no-features settings so that if something like this comes up you can use that one to go into the game and watch replays.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old July 21st, 2010, 01:25 PM

Private

Conq is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why is my army blind?

yah its already on the lowest settings, i even turn off the background to watch the replays, we only use the computer for test printers so there isnt a whole lot of hardware in it.

What i'll probably do is save the turn file on my flashdrive and load it on my laptop to see whats goin on.