.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old September 29th, 2009, 08:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

Ossa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bloodless - Less micro game [running]

Well... yes. Though I didnt expect to end up in such a strong position, my money would also be on Ulm for this game.

Actually I've so far been pretty diplomatic and I dont know whether I'd like to see this final dogpiling - so if anyone of you calls to end this game I'd be fine with it.

Of course we can see how things evolve after Mictlan has been swallowed
Old September 29th, 2009, 02:43 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossa View Post
Actually I've so far been pretty diplomatic and I dont know whether I'd like to see this final dogpiling - so if anyone of you calls to end this game I'd be fine with it.
Any other opinions on this? I enjoy playing Eriu but my chances of victory are very slim. I'm fine with ending it. If we do end it I think Ulm should get the victory.
Old September 29th, 2009, 09:13 PM

First Lieutenant

LoloMo is on a distinguished road

I agree. I would give Ulm the victory too.
Old September 29th, 2009, 10:52 PM

Major General

That's three votes in favor of ending it. Dragar, any objections?
Old September 30th, 2009, 03:27 PM

Major General

I've postponed hosting by another 24 hours in anticipation that we'll probably call it a game.
Old October 1st, 2009, 10:12 AM

First Lieutenant

Dragar is on a distinguished road

Sounds good, I screwed up ages ago and was dreading each turn tbh.
Old October 1st, 2009, 02:19 PM

Major General

I guess it's good this subject came up since we might have kept playing, despite no one really wanting to.

This game wasn't as much fun as I expected. After the first round of wars everyone seemed to turtle. I think nobody wanted to be the first to attack, afraid it would give another nation an opportunity. Eventually TC and I decided to liven things up by attacking Mictlan. Ulm (for whom I think turtling payed off) jumped in as well and gained a decisive lead.

I hadn't given up against Pythium, and given the reduced threat from Mictlan was planning on devoting all my forces to attacking him. But I may be overestimating my chances. In addition to his angels, Pythium was summoning wraith lords at a very quick pace (maybe one per turn?) and I wouldn't be able to kill them once I entered his dominion - unlike when I was fighting defensively and he used them against me. And in any case, even if I won, I wouldn't have had a chance against Ulm.

From the beginning, I was most worried about Ulm and Pythium since they had national SCs. With these game settings I thought Ulm's Iron Angels could be a very cost effective summon and this proved to be the case. Once he cast earth blood deep well I'm guessing he was averaging 3 of them every two turns?

I'll post the game in the victorious nations thread and delete it from the llamaserver. Congratulations, Ossa!
Old October 1st, 2009, 07:29 PM

Sergeant

P3D is on a distinguished road

I did not play Pythium before in MP - in general I had problems getting human nations. Lack of experience. I had a huge Water income very fast that's why I started to spam Hidden in Snow/Sand by the endgame besides making a lot of W boosters and frostbands and such. My D income was 20+ before the Well and 40 after could not do anything but summon bane/wraith lords.
The latter at least would need minimal equipment. I had AMA, Shock res + frost band + lucky coin.
I had only a minimal N income (8) so I really needed what I got from my pretender.
The Sidhes were simply PITA. I could manage with thugs/SCs but making armies lighting immune is not that easy.

Did my Mind Hunt have any success besides scouts and indy commanders?

I found the F2E4D4N4 Lord of Rebirth, with decent scales a pretty good choice. Looking back I should have one more candle or two against the aggressive dom push by both Ulm and Eriu.

With more careful planning I might have been ready 10 turns earlier for an aggressive war but as it happened, I was not ready not much before the war happened.

Sidenote, do not cast Mind Hunt on units sieging your own fort with Frost Dome on.