Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Momentum 2 - Finished - Psycho/Pan wins! - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 13th, 2009, 01:55 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Momentum 2 - Finished - Psycho/Pan wins!

This game will make some changes to (hopefully) eliminate some aspects of the end game I don't find interesting (race for the Chalice/Tarts, clam hoarding). My aim is to reward players who fight and win wars and penalize turtlers.

It will use CBM 1.5 with the following changes:

1) No hoarding. This means gem generators (clams, fetishes and blood stones) and Soul Contracts will be unique. Onaqui will not generate beast bats. Vampire Lords cannot summon vampires.

2) No game winning globals (AN, AC, BoT, FotA, Utterdark).

3) Tartarian Gate will be replaced by individual Summon Tartarian spells. The tarts summoned with these spells will all be commanders, will not have afflictions and will not be insane. Since the need for the Chalice or GoH (or GoR) will be eliminated, tartarians will be priced more in line with other SCs:

Tartarian Titan: 60 D
Tartarian Titaness: 50 D
Tartarian Lightning Cyclops: 50 D
Tartarian Cyclops: 40 D
Tartarian Spirit: 40 D
Tartarian Monstra: 35 D
Tartarian Monstrum: 20 D

Stats and magic paths will be the same as the existing tarts.

Casting requirements will stay the same at D7 (except for the Monstrum at D5) and level will still be Conj. 9 for all types of tarts.

4) Well of Misery will be moved from Conj. 8 to Evo. 8 so someone racing to Conj. 9 can't pick up WoM along the way.

I will make the usual request for players not to abandon the game without finding a sub, but even more importantly, I'd like this to be a quick game: 24 hour hosting until turn 30, 48 hour hosting after that until the end of the game. To make that possible we will only have 8 players.

Hosting: llamaserver
Map: dead seas, fixed start version of Parganos
Banned nations: Ashdod, water nations

UPDATE: The mod is attached to this post. Please let me know if you run into any problems when testing. NOTE: revised version 1.1 uploaded (you'll know you have the correct version if it says "Momentum2 1.1" in the mod list).

C'tis - yandav
Eriu - PsiSoldier
Jotunheim - Alpine Joe
Mictlan - AreaOfEffect
Pangaea - Psycho
Pythium - Aethyr
T'ien Ch'i - Dragar
Vanheim - Valerius
Attached Files
File Type: zip Momentum2.zip (46.6 KB, 173 views)

Last edited by Valerius; March 16th, 2010 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: Player added
Old August 13th, 2009, 04:13 PM

Captain

Psycho is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Momentum 2 - no hoarding, banned globals, tart changes, fast pace - Recruiting!

I like the idea. I would like in, but I am going on vacation tomorrow. If you don't start by the time I return (which is 25.) please count me in with Pangaea.
Old August 13th, 2009, 05:35 PM

Major General

Default Re: Momentum 2 - no hoarding, banned globals, tart changes, fast pace - Recruiting!

Psycho, I'll mark you down for Pangaea and set the 25th as the start date.
Old August 14th, 2009, 01:21 AM

Major

AreaOfEffect is on a distinguished road

Mictlan Please. (I'm assuming its a middle-age game)
Guide Supplement: LA Man - Castle Warfare
Referance: Prophet Transformations
Old August 14th, 2009, 02:02 AM

Major General

Yes, thanks for mentioning that. Info added to the first post and I marked you down for Mictlan.
Old August 14th, 2009, 05:18 AM

Captain

Psycho is on a distinguished road

Can we have the blood stone as earth booster without the gemgen effect? Also, are you going to mod out the banned globals?
Old August 14th, 2009, 07:38 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

I like the settings and I'd like to play, but not sure if I'll have the time for this one.
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

I'm not interested in playing but wanted to comment on the settings.

(1) I don't understand the need people feel to ban those globals. Ok, I can understand FotA and Utterdark. But other than that...

-I can't even figure out what AC is supposed to be off the top of my head, so can't see how its supposed to be game winning.
-Arcane Nexus isn't a game ending global, its a global which, if cast, just lets you know the game was already over and you should surrender. (Anyone who can cast it and keep it has already won). One could probably say the same about Utterdark.
-Burden of Time is not an 'i win' button. Might as well ban spells like Mind Hunt and Seeking Arrow too, or Wild Hunt...

(2) There should be *some* gem generator in Conjuration, possibly maelstrom since you've moved the conj generator to evocation. (Maelstrom might actually get cast sometime if it were in conjuration too).

(3) You can't just ban gem generators without changing some nations. Not that its allowed in this game, but Oceania (esp MA) is crippled by a lack of clamming. Abyssia desperately needs bloodstones. Etc... Just removing them isn't the answer - those nations which depend on them need compensation.
Old August 14th, 2009, 08:49 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

I'm guessing you haven't been in too many late stage games?

All those games rely on whoever has the most gemgens to win basically.
AC is absolutely a game winning spell as you can hardly dispel it with the amount of slaves you can put in it. Combine it with Armageddon and well, it's game over as there won't be anything left, no gold, no gems, no mages, and than, again, the biggest clam holder wins, for example...

AN isn't a spell that secures you victory, it helps by a great amount but it doesn't win the game for you by far, as you'll automatically be declared enemy of all.

These settings propose an unorthodox playstyle, as ALL the games are about rushing for the chalice and tartarians, along with making gemgen. Here, there is no need for it, and theses settings will demand some other end game strategies besides clamming, wishing and summoning Tarts.

As for balance, every setting you make benefits one and hurts the other nation, there can't be perfect balance.
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:09 AM

Sergeant

Alpine Joe is on a distinguished road

I really like these settings.

Time to spend some time thinking about how it will effect my nation choice of Jotunheim