.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old June 25th, 2010, 06:37 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wish question

I have read about all there is about wishes and which are best etc. And even got a chance to try some of them along with some more....flamboyant wishes.

But I have not run across anything about DOM....what if I wish for Dominion as I am getting run over. What happens (if anything)?

Thanks
Old June 25th, 2010, 07:05 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wish question

Wishing for dominion isn't very good. Instead, spam juggernaughts.
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old June 25th, 2010, 07:27 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

GrudgeBringer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks...I couldn't see how it could work but someone asked me about it and I realized I had never seen anything about Dom and wish together.
Old June 25th, 2010, 07:47 PM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

Here is the domwiki page for wish: http://dom3.servegame.com/wiki/Wish

And the specific dominion quote:

dominion / divine power / divine authority
Up to 20 additional dominion candles on the map.

For 100 pearls, that is not very good!
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old June 26th, 2010, 01:57 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Might save you for a turn or two in a blood spam blitz though.
Old July 5th, 2010, 12:12 PM

Corporal

adder83 is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to wish for immortality or other usefull traits (flying,trample, regeneration and so on? or item slots (addtional arm or something?
Old July 5th, 2010, 01:43 PM

Sergeant

Kheldron is on a distinguished road

afaik no, the list rdonj linked is quite complete.
Old July 5th, 2010, 02:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

Verjigorm is on a distinguished road

You can't wish for "attributes or abilities" on your pretender other than to wish for "power" or analogs. You can't add special flags (immortality, poison aura, etc.)

Here is a mod that you can use to test wishes:

Use EA Arcoscephale as your nation, recruit or make a pretender with 1S.

Cast away!

FYI: I originally created this mod to test the viability of Doom Horror summoning strategies with an immortal pretender. The results were promising. Occurrences of "Kurgi, the Slave to Unreason" (Kurgi cannot move) and any time the horror attacks the caster (assassination battle) are unfortunate wastes of gems. You cannot get a specific doom horror, it always chooses randomly. Abomination of Desolation is the best (he gets a flock of Lesser Horrors when he enters battle). Probability of being attacked in the lab is initially low, but rises significantly when the caster is horror marked. This strategy is ill-advised with a non-immortal caster unless you're willing to sacrifice someone with 9S in exchange for a doom horror, and with an immortal pretender the higher your horror mark level is, the less viable the strategy becomes. After receiving your first horror attack, the value of summoning additional doom horrors decreases significantly due to the attack frequency.

The strategy is interesting if a bit expensive. Doom horrors stick around for a random amount of time--sometimes in excess of 20 turns, sometimes just a few turns. It's up to you to decide if summoning one is actually valuable, but they can destroy just about any army that's not specifically designed to deal with SC's (Paralyze groups), and they have 10 map move--the flying ones are extremely useful. Scabiel (the beetle one) has Siege Bonus 500 and can take out castles by himself provided (again) no anti-SC army inside. The strategy, is a bit reckless, but if you're powering wishes with say..... the Arcane Nexus or are in dire need of something wickedly powerful and fast and feel like gambling with 100 astral pearls, this can be fun.

I have no idea how/if luck affects this.

This is all theoretical and tests performed were anecdotal. No experimental data is available.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Wish_test.zip (292 Bytes, 62 views)

Last edited by Verjigorm; July 5th, 2010 at 02:58 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Verjigorm For This Useful Post:
Old July 6th, 2010, 05:55 PM

First Lieutenant

Loren is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
This strategy is ill-advised with a non-immortal caster unless you're willing to sacrifice someone with 9S in exchange for a doom horror, and with an immortal pretender the higher your horror mark level is, the less viable the strategy becomes. After receiving your first horror attack, the value of summoning additional doom horrors decreases significantly due to the attack frequency.
Couldn't you just script returning? He's the defender, he goes first and leaves.
Old July 6th, 2010, 07:15 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verjigorm View Post
You can't wish for "attributes or abilities" on your pretender other than to wish for "power" or analogs. You can't add special flags (immortality, poison aura, etc.)

Here is a mod that you can use to test wishes:

Use EA Arcoscephale as your nation, recruit or make a pretender with 1S.

Cast away!

FYI: I originally created this mod to test the viability of Doom Horror summoning strategies with an immortal pretender. The results were promising. Occurrences of "Kurgi, the Slave to Unreason" (Kurgi cannot move) and any time the horror attacks the caster (assassination battle) are unfortunate wastes of gems. You cannot get a specific doom horror, it always chooses randomly. Abomination of Desolation is the best (he gets a flock of Lesser Horrors when he enters battle). Probability of being attacked in the lab is initially low, but rises significantly when the caster is horror marked. This strategy is ill-advised with a non-immortal caster unless you're willing to sacrifice someone with 9S in exchange for a doom horror, and with an immortal pretender the higher your horror mark level is, the less viable the strategy becomes. After receiving your first horror attack, the value of summoning additional doom horrors decreases significantly due to the attack frequency.

The strategy is interesting if a bit expensive. Doom horrors stick around for a random amount of time--sometimes in excess of 20 turns, sometimes just a few turns. It's up to you to decide if summoning one is actually valuable, but they can destroy just about any army that's not specifically designed to deal with SC's (Paralyze groups), and they have 10 map move--the flying ones are extremely useful. Scabiel (the beetle one) has Siege Bonus 500 and can take out castles by himself provided (again) no anti-SC army inside. The strategy, is a bit reckless, but if you're powering wishes with say..... the Arcane Nexus or are in dire need of something wickedly powerful and fast and feel like gambling with 100 astral pearls, this can be fun.

I have no idea how/if luck affects this.

This is all theoretical and tests performed were anecdotal. No experimental data is available.
The debug mod is more generally useful?
All spells are set to level 1, with other functions as well (such as eyes of god)...