ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 12th, 2016, 12:47 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas how to improve WinSP MBT/WW2 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
Try a test with machinegun only armed helos vs infantry.

Their utility vs vehicles has never been a problem as far as I'm concerned.
Not testing but l think there are 2 issues.
Firstly vehicle mounted MGs do not as far as I am aware have a blast radius so they fo not perform as well as an infantry weapon.
Secondly MG armed helos tend to have fairly poor stats like rangefinder & fire control.

In real life idealy what range would a MG armed helo start strafing at?
Same thing goes for the Apache videos what range are they engaging at? Virtualy all of them there is no AAA they are hovering or very slow moving.

Tried to find a vid of an Apache taking RPG fire from a cragy mountain, took them a while to locate the 2 targets & get them due to manuvering & the good cover as in big rocks.

Regarding MGs I dont have an issue with how they work, yes they tend to cause more suppresion than kills but on the whole they kill better than an infantry squad.
However once the unit is no longer in good order or if its doing something silly like tank riding they can be effective.
Current game I have at least a infantry company approaching along a lightly guarded flank. Moved 2 machine gun units to slow firing at around 17 to 20 hexes.
First couple of turns not much effect pinned or broke a few units with little or no losses to them but now they are all grouped together I am picking targets that have adjacent units. Virtualy every shot gets a kill in the effected area and the advance has ground to a halt, remember a hex is 50m & I have stopped an advance over a 500m front & am now picking them off.

In the game infantry manned MGs are very good for the above & letting your squads engage in relative safety after the MGs fire because the targets have their heads down.
If you want to kill quicker especially in good cover use GLs but ammo is a big issue normaly.
Best infantry killer though tends to be a modern autocannon equiped IFV parked up out of RPG range, makes attacking dug in targets a far simpler process due to their high to hit values.