ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old May 19th, 2006, 08:25 AM

Private

Fab is on a distinguished road
Default campaign vs AI unit purchase problem

I didn't see this talked about anywhere. I'm pretty new to the game (great game btw) but in my random clicking i found something really odd. This works on with any campaign type game. I'm playing the DL version with the 2.5 patch.

start a campaign and win a battle.

when you get to the screen to repair/change/expand your forces choose expand.

add some new units.

exit and start the next battle.

when you get to the point where you can get support units for the next battle your units show like
<Ac old units
<Bc old units
<C newly added
<D newly added

keep in mind you are in the support buying phase, not repair/expand. however, since C and D are not yet correctly classified as core formations you can click them as if to un-purchase resulting in a list that looks like
<Ac old units
<Bc old units
< newly added
< newly added
with 2 formations without a letter assigned.

from there you can spend your support unit points. the list does some weird things sometimes with the letter designations. it all goes horribly wrong when you get to deployment. both the support formations without letters and the new support units show odd letter designations. one test got me 3 seperate formations with an A designation. even stranger these mis-designated units are frequently kidnaped by the AI and deployed as it's own forces resulting in whole platoons of your units ending up on the other side of the map deployed as part of the AI's force. when the game starts they are still your units to control, of course they tend to die rather impressively to op fire from the dozens of enemy units all around them on the first turn.