.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

View Poll Results: Which Era In Star Trek Is Your Favorite?
Enterprise Pre-TOS 2 3.70%
Trek Original Series 10 18.52%
Trek Motion Picture 6 11.11%
Next Generation 26 48.15%
Next Generation Movie 10 18.52%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 7th, 2005, 03:54 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Malfador Shuts Down

**NEWS REPORT**

Malfador just sold the rights to Space Empires V to VUG who promptly ended all development of the title.

Speaking on behalf of VUG, A Senior VP, under agreement of anominity stated that VUG is in the business of pissing off game players around the world by buying up independant game developers and shutting their projects down.

"It's like they enjoy making people suffor!"

In response Malfador, having the forsight to cash the VUG check before disclosing that the had signed the agreement with dissappearing ink, stated; "Score one for the good guys!"

Not having a signed contract, VUG has no legal ground to claim ownership over the Space Empires franchise thus paving the way for Malfador to continue its development.

In a related note, SFI signed Malfador and will publish Space Empires Fury of the Star and Empires Star, V.
Old October 7th, 2005, 01:55 PM

Sergeant

Hunpecked is on a distinguished road

Sivran writes: "Thus, blame B5's bad 5th season on UPN."

But who do I blame for the lame ending of the Shadow War in Season 4? If that was JMS's intent from the beginning, then bad, bad JMS! If he changed it to fit into Season 4, then bad on him again.

I discovered the show early in Season 3, and subsequently caught most of the early episodes in reruns. I got the impression there was a decent 3-season story hiding somewhere in those 5 seasons. Perhaps with a faster pace (three seasons) the ratings would have justified a "Bab 5 Reloaded" series at the end of the first, e.g. to cover the telepath war.
Old October 7th, 2005, 04:41 PM

Sergeant

Rasorow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sivran said:
Quote:
El_Phil said:
Well B5 did nick Checkov from TOS.

Whilst he was excellent, both the actor and character, I never really got over the shock. I always half expected Bester to start talking in bad Russian.

On a topic related note, I just saw DS9 'In The Pale Moonlight.' a few days ago. Damn me that is even better than I remember, possibly one of the best Trek episodes I've ever seen.
Isn't it funny how the poor bastard apparently never made it very far in Starfleet? In the final TOS movie, Sulu is captain of the brand-spankin-new Excelsior, and where's Chekov? Still at the helm of the aging Enterprise... Course, same could be said for Uhuru. Scotty and Bones didn't really have much place to go, but what about poor Pavel Chekov?
If I remember correctly... Bones became the head of Starfleet Medical... not bad for a country doctor.

Uhura and Checkov were both Senior Academy instructors as mentioned in the later movies.

While Scotty wrote just about every techincal manual and engineering spec on ships and components created in his time (From TNG episode).

So you cannot say that any of them did poorly. Each rose to the top of their area.

Rasorow
Old October 9th, 2005, 10:56 PM

Colonel

gregebowman is on a distinguished road

Although Next Gen ran longer and had better stories most of the time, I grew up watching TOS and will always identify with that show. You got to love Kirk and Spock teaming up to save the galaxy, and Spock and McCoy sniping at each other. And let's not forget Scotty.