Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Randomocalypse - 5 players, randomly generated nations - Squirrelloid wins! - Page 8 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old November 5th, 2011, 02:19 AM

Corporal

Jiggymike is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Randomocalypse - 5 players, randomly generated nations - Send pretenders

We have nothing left to say then. Whether intentional or not, Moria is guilty of deceit and understand if we are not dealt with by other nations.
Old November 5th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Randomocalypse - 5 players, randomly generated nations - Send pretenders

So, it looks like there's a two person alliance against me on turn 10. I am sure it is in no one else's interest to let Redka conquer me. Reheim? Grerus? Will neither of you speak with me? Or will you hand the game to Redka already?

Ulm: Order of the Black Rose - Reimagining MA Ulm

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.
Old November 5th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Major General

1v3? As of turn 9? Really? Did you guys arrange this before the game even started or something? Very sporting of you.

Reheim, are you also in on it, or are you going to sit around and be next when they get through with me. Assuming they actually can finish me.

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.
Old November 6th, 2011, 04:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

Korwin is on a distinguished road

Well your Research graph looks really scary, its those starets...
Old November 6th, 2011, 02:43 PM

Corporal

We didn't plan it before the game, but we might as well have. Can you honestly say that if you were in any one of our shoes you would not have looked at that research disparity and realized that no one would have a chance against you if you were allowed to get going? It doesn't feel good and it's certainly NOT sporting but we need to do what is necessary to help ourselves survive and hopefully win. I only regret sending you that message before looking at the score graphs; if you want to lament them, you have every right to.
Old November 6th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Major General

And what did you take as your pretender? A bless chassis? Great scales? Scary comes in multiple flavors. Mine is obviously doing research.

You seem to have chosen scales. So you're going to pass me in research at some point, its a matter of time. At least you would have if you hadn't committed many hundreds of gold to an army that has failed you. I think you've mistaken early research advantage for something that means I'm dominating. You should be looking at growth in RPs and rate of fort production. The first I will certainly start lagging in since i can't keep up in the latter.

In your shoes, I would have noticed yellow is obviously the scariest person to attack early, and chosen *anyone but*. You think I didn't research combat magic first thing?

Tell me, how exactly do you expect to beat me when your armies can't even beat my PD and modest army while my mages stay home?

Last edited by Squirrelloid; November 6th, 2011 at 05:43 PM..
Old November 7th, 2011, 07:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

Korwin is on a distinguished road

Allmost forgot, I am assuming we dont want to use/recruit free units/commanders. ( I got an 0 Gold, 1 Res. Ettin Commander ).
Obviously I did'nt recruit him. Since its an bug.

Just wanted to let you all see, how noble I am.

--
Reheim
Old November 7th, 2011, 07:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

elmokki is on a distinguished road

That's a CBM1.92 bug
Old November 7th, 2011, 07:37 PM

Corporal

Lung Drago is on a distinguished road

To be perfectly honest, I find myself divided.
It's true I feel uneasy and that something has to be done, yet I dislike ganging up on someone just because of that. Myself, I kinda expected the Starets to shine in the research graph; though it surprised me anyway how Yellow propelled himself forward. I mean none of us is stupid, all that's left is some boosters and/or little bit of gem income and we can be out-teched instantly. No great scales will help us here, and a bless is also at it's best in early and mid game only. Scales won't help at this moment as you say since they kick in much later and as you himself hint at at present time you can pick up a target for annihilation anytime. To summarize it, your strategy can kick itself up at a later time too. So, it's kind of understandable the situation provoked a reaction.

So, what will I do in the end? I think nothing. I'd like to keep the province I conquered just now, since it follows a rule "2 provinces to capitol" which I find myself fair (and would make the conditions for NAP anyway) and won't engage any further. This conflict is in the end very pointless as erasing Yellow from the map is not a solution in my opinion anyway. It's only being too trigger happy. Shame on me I didn't realize this a little bit earlier, I suppose. This only kills the enjoyment for Squirrelloid and I can be scaring away in a corner that my maenad hordes will provoke a game-wide attack on me too. Guilty of empathy.

Last edited by Lung Drago; November 7th, 2011 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: completely missed some sentences
Old November 7th, 2011, 11:59 PM

Corporal

I'm just trying to give my line of reasoning, and even if it doesn't work out-so far I have no answer for your sacreds-I still think the move can be justified. My strategy was certainly NOT to get into an early conflict and meant to develop slowly, but I didn't do a good job of taking the size of the map into account. I could have possibly overtaken your research advantage over time with my scales, but at that point I also could have been dead if you or someone else decided to attack me. I knew that I had no chance against you one-on-one (and wouldn't for some time, if ever) but that others would also be concerned with your massive research advantage and be willing to attack you.

Was my attack well-planned? No, it was reactionary and perhaps largely due to my noobishness and lack of understanding of how games develop (I've only played a few multiplayer games and when I've tried a slower moving strategy I've tended to get swallowed up). I wasn't prepared to go up against anything stronger than indies and I may still not be. I just think that your research advantage would have made it nearly impossible for someone to beat you one on one, not to mention your skill and experience.

Anyway I'm not trying to get into an argument about it, just to tell you my thought process. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong, and the whole 'ganging up on someone early' does feel kind of gross. At the same time, you seem to be able to hold your own pretty well so far...