.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM

Private

charshep is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CarCrash - EA Game - CBM - (Running)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calahan View Post
I've just PM'd the two players who haven't got their first turns in.

PsiSoldier looks to be a forum regular, so pretty confident that Agartha won't stale. The Mictlan player however, charshep, hasn't posted anywhere since signing up for this game, so I'm slightly worried that they might have gone AWOL. And an AI or staling EA/LA Mictlan usually just means a free early dom kill + 2nd capital for it's neighbour, which would lead to a major bit of unbalancing that I'd certainly be looking to avoid in this game.

Also don't see much point in keeping hold of the master player-nation list anymore, so will put it up on the status page.

I'm here I'm here! The thing is I'm new to Mictlan and they seem like a pretty hard nation to manage well so I was running through the beginnings of a test game against the AI before submitting my turn.

Anyways, I didn't notice the start time is 01:20 GMT. Sorry about that I thought I had more time. I should be able to get it in under the wire but if I don't could I get an extension of a few hours?
Old April 17th, 2009, 06:55 PM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

I'm going to delay the hosting by 12 hours to give charshep a chance to get his turn in. He probably won't need all that time, but if any problems occur, then 12 hours will mean the game won't be hosting while I'm asleep, hence giving me chance to address anything that crops up.

Hopefully a good early pace will set-in once the game gets going
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:33 AM

BANNED USER

Excellent, it looks like everyone has checked in and is now on board for this game.

I have changed the hosting interval to 30 hours as indicated on the status page.

Best of luck everyone, and game on!
Old April 18th, 2009, 05:17 AM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road

To celebrate the start of this great game Abysia would like to invite all nations to a traditional sauna competition, finland style. Send your champions today!
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:17 PM

First Lieutenant

PsiSoldier is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

PsiSoldier looks to be a forum regular, so pretty confident that Agartha won't stale.
Haha I wish I were as confident that I wont stale as you are..

I'm a bit of a repeat offender when it comes to stales. I think in preponderance I actually have had about 6 stales which at its current turn means I staled for about 10% of the game. Not that it really hurt me as I just went and used the gold to buy forts and playing as Ermor my priests reanimated without my input but...

I dont plan on staling as long as I get my turns. Which for some reason occasionally I do not get the turns and is usually the cause for me staling in the first place or has been in the past. I have developed the habit now of checking the game page to see if I need to request a turn resend though.
Old April 26th, 2009, 05:47 AM

BANNED USER

We all have faith in you PsiSoldier

I learnt very early on to always have the llamaserver page close to hand, since the info on that regarding the current turn status is always more reliable than anything that arrives by email or written on the forum. The llamaserver is the one true creator after all

And can I just take this opportunity to thank everyone for the zero stales so far in this game. It's always good for game balance if nobody stales the early turns, and gives the admin an easy job (I accept in advance all the flaming if I have now jinxed the hell out of this game).
Old April 29th, 2009, 11:17 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

Fomoria AI?
Old April 29th, 2009, 12:04 PM

BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Fomoria AI?
Nice spot Executor. Just PM-ed Alpine Joe to ask for some more info on this. Will keep you all posted.

In the meantime, if I / we don't hear anything, does anyone fancy putting their hands up to claiming first kill bragging rights?
Old April 29th, 2009, 01:12 PM

Sergeant

Alpine Joe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Fomoria AI?
Nice spot Executor. Just PM-ed Alpine Joe to ask for some more info on this. Will keep you all posted.

In the meantime, if I / we don't hear anything, does anyone fancy putting their hands up to claiming first kill bragging rights?

Sorry for not informing you all sooner, but Fomoria is indeed AI. I made the early mistake of trying to slow down the dreaded sauromatia and ended up with an army of heavy cavalry eating up my provinces. I was down to my capital, loaded with useless fomorian druids sporting......wait for it.... alteration 3 magic. I decided the best choice was to go AI and hope my other neighbor (hinnom...that's fun) decides to grab my capital to balance things out. Anyway, credit for first kill should go to Sauromatia, although really i just blew it with pretender design and research choices.
Old April 29th, 2009, 01:48 PM

BANNED USER

Thank you for letting us all know what happened Alpine Joe. Surprised to hear Fomoria got in trouble early, but then I guess the Pretender build is critical to most nations and sometimes it doesn't take much to turn a good design into a bad one.

Hope you enjoyed the game though and learnt something from it, even if it was a brief affair. Look forward to playing in future games with you.

All the Best, and thanks for playing