.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old August 24th, 2013, 03:12 PM

Corporal

gingertanker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Paras on the Litani

Quote:
The Engineer section riding in BA1 could be attached to the 101st/A Coy if that was the intention. Or, keep the helos the Engineers are riding in together and let the player task the Engineer PL as desired.
Thats a good point I forgot to deal with.

Quote:
What I found thinking about this scenario: decrease the importance of several units (especially ZSUs). I know disabling AA is important and you want to emphasize that, but a single ZSU-23 worth of 4 Yas'urs for instance can suggest player to rush way too much and not care about losses.
That is also a fair idea.

@cbreedon I also was wondering about this but you will find it doesn't really influence the scenario much. after you and shahadi give me more feedback I will make a second version and probably change the boats to something else.

I am hoping to get a scenario into the official scenario list for next time, and I think this one is a reasonable contender.
Old August 24th, 2013, 04:04 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road

my mistake

Last edited by cbreedon; August 24th, 2013 at 04:23 PM..
Old August 25th, 2013, 10:14 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,463 Times in 2,707 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

A " patrol Boat " is a SHIP. If you want to debark men use a landing barge. If you don't want to use a "landing barge" Icon simply switch the Icon with ScenHack

Don
Old August 27th, 2013, 12:21 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Paras on the Litani

I too was a little annoyed that I could not disembark the Commando Scouts into their rafts from the sea. However, I have a suggestion, if you purchase two additional Patrol Boat sections, go into SceneHack and change them into Assault Boats you can model commandos disembarking from patrol boats onto assault boats to raid a wharf. Just return to the Editor and deploy the commandos onto the assault boats.

Use the patrol boats to screen the assault boats. Put the patrol boats to recon the coast before approaching with the assault boats. Otherwise, the commandos will not make the coastline.
Old August 27th, 2013, 04:02 AM

Corporal

The Israeli Shayetet 13 are rumored to ride their Morena RHIB assault boats from Saar class missile boats/corvettes to shore.This is what is supposed to be modeled in the scenario, an I already have a simpler solution than scenhack for it- I will use the rigid raider from UK OOB file in captured mode. It is a rivercraft and allows for disembark and reembark, as well as having an icon that is more visually similar to the Morena.

Other than that, how is the scenario going? did you finish it?
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:16 AM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Paras on the Litani

Quote:
...Saar class missile boats/corvettes to shore.This is what is supposed to be modeled in the scenario...
Interesting, so I put a 76mm M1A2 gun on the Patrol Crafts (they really do need more firepower) to model the Saar class boats,IMHO.

Quote:
Other than that, how is the scenario going? did you finish it?
I have not gone past the first three turns. I try to note my suggestions in gameplay testing mode first before proceeding to the next turn. So, I've added your suggestion to buy the UK Rigid Boats (very good one indeed), place the BA helos with Engineers riding together. Now, that the Patrol Craft can take care of the Ammo ships, I will task the Attack Helos with a new mission.

However, I've considered as an alternative mission for the Sayaret platoon to destroy a AA Radar/Missile installation located at the site of the wharf. If they fail, it places the mission at greater risks.

As you can tell, at least I hope you can, that I am enjoying the scenario, and I should add, learning a lot as well. Thanks for including a Naval context to this scenario.
Old August 28th, 2013, 08:22 AM

Corporal

Quote:
Interesting, so I put a 76mm M1A2 gun on the Patrol Crafts (they really do need more firepower) to model the Saar class boats,IMHO.
I might include 76mm arty support in the second version, however using the patrol boats to model a Saar is a bit much, Saar class missile boats should not come so close to shore as to be on map units...

Eagerly expecting more ideas.
Old August 28th, 2013, 06:38 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road

I finished it today with a decisive victory. I lost 38 men. Most came from one artillery hit. I had a nice group set up for them....

I was able to take the bridges fairly easily. The southern towns weren't too bad. I did have to bring in my Apaches for that. The main town at the top of the map was a little more difficult but doable.

Luckily I had my spikes set up in the right place when the counter came. They and the Apaches made short work of the Lebanese force. If I hadn't gotten lucky with the placement of the missiles, it may have been different.

It was fun to play.
Old August 29th, 2013, 05:12 AM

Corporal

Thank you cbreedon. I think I will make major adjustments to the scenario., specifically to make it a little harder to win, and more realistic.