War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 4th, 2022, 10:31 AM

Private

FOARP is on a distinguished road
Default Long time listener/first time caller

I've been playing Steel Panthers since I got SP1 in the SSI strategy-game bundle as a Christmas present circa 1995 or 1996 or so (even at the age of 15/16 I was a strat fanatic). Seeing you guys are keeping it playable well into the 21st century is just awesome and just for that I knew I had to buy a full copy of WinSPMBT to show my appreciation.

I realise the forums are not exactly jumping nowadays but I wondered if anyone had answers to the following:

- How do you move one unit into the same hex as another? In the old SP this wasn't such an issue but now the loading-range has been reduced from one hex to zero you have to get units together in the same hex as their transport to load them and other than by moving them back and forth until they have just enough MPs to move into the same hex.

- Is there any way of stopping the control-panel scaling with the map-screen at high resolutions? Playing at high resolution makes the control panel too small to comfortably use so I've been sticking to lower resolutions. This does tend to make the higher resolutions a bit pointless.

- Is there a fix for tabbing out using the windows key causing the screen to crash? Am using Win 10 21H2. No problem if not - I understand this is an old game.

Otherwise I really hope you guys have been thinking about making a new version of SP. I know that someone is supposed to be working on a "spiritual successor" to this game (Steel Tigers) but from what can be seen of it, it is still years away from launching (if ever), and lacks the multiple countries that made SP so fun. Norm Koger had success with his new version of TOAW and the re-vamps of Panzer General were also successes so there's definitely a niche on the market for a new Steel Panthers.
The Following User Says Thank You to FOARP For This Useful Post: