ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 25th, 2005, 08:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

FJ_MD is on a distinguished road
Default obat36 East Germany

Give your contribute to this OOB in this thread!

Old June 25th, 2005, 09:46 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road
Default Re: obat36 East Germany

OK, let's give it a try...

here comes a modified version, with new 'old' 125mm gun following Claudio's remark, some corrected names, some missing units added...

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Plasma
Attached Files
File Type: zip 361589-obat036.zip (15.8 KB, 347 views)
Old June 25th, 2005, 09:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

FJ_MD is on a distinguished road

Thanks! can you give a list of the modify you did? So everyone can have a better view of it and maybe give their opinion!

Old June 25th, 2005, 10:23 AM

Captain

Erm, maybe I should have started with that...

Les'say:

-corrected gun on early T-72, switched to model 1970
-Added variants of BMP-1P and BRDM-2 AT with AT-3B SACLOS missile
-Added 2S3M Akatsia in the late 80s
-Added UAZ-69AM and UAZ-469 utility cars
-Added Trabant 601 as utility car (quite pointless but was used)
-Added MANPADS team in BTR companies from 1976 onwards
-Added RCL-portee on BTR-152 when retired from APC service
-Added BRDM2 spotter (should be without turret?)
-Added level-bomber Su-22 to replace Il-28 after 1982
-Added whole series of later recon motorbikes (ES thru ATZ-250)
-Corrected many names to reflect German terming (helps differentiate from Russian)

And I slightly tweaked some in-service dates according to direct data I have found. Maybe not much relevance, but well...

I guess a custom picklist could help.

Oh, I forgot that: if you want to be REAL precise about names you can add "PALR" before every single ATGM entry in the weapons listing. If you find room
Stands for "Panzerabwehrlenkrakete", i.e. ATGM.
Old June 25th, 2005, 10:27 AM

Private

Ambush7169 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Thanks for your work (all your work) !

Best regards,
Laurent Touchard
Old June 25th, 2005, 04:35 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
PlasmaKrab said:
Erm, maybe I should have started with that...

Les'say:

-corrected gun on early T-72, switched to model 1970
-Added variants of BMP-1P and BRDM-2 AT with AT-3B SACLOS missile
-Added 2S3M Akatsia in the late 80s
-Added UAZ-69AM and UAZ-469 utility cars
-Added Trabant 601 as utility car (quite pointless but was used)
-Added MANPADS team in BTR companies from 1976 onwards
-Added RCL-portee on BTR-152 when retired from APC service
-Added BRDM2 spotter (should be without turret?)
-Added level-bomber Su-22 to replace Il-28 after 1982
-Added whole series of later recon motorbikes (ES thru ATZ-250)
-Corrected many names to reflect German terming (helps differentiate from Russian)

And I slightly tweaked some in-service dates according to direct data I have found. Maybe not much relevance, but well...

I guess a custom picklist could help.

Oh, I forgot that: if you want to be REAL precise about names you can add "PALR" before every single ATGM entry in the weapons listing. If you find room
Stands for "Panzerabwehrlenkrakete", i.e. ATGM.
Plasma - any changes to formations in service dates etc to existing formations? (new formations do not mater as the pick will not use it).

I'll monitor this thread - but the edits may well become the "official" fix, and go in the master for any future updates.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 25th, 2005, 05:07 PM

Captain

Quote:
Mobhack said:
Plasma - any changes to formations in service dates etc to existing formations? (new formations do not mater as the pick will not use it).

I'll monitor this thread - but the edits may well become the "official" fix, and go in the master for any future updates.

Cheers
Andy
Wow, what an honour . I hope all I said has been relevant.

Yep, as I said I added 1*Strela team in the SPW Co, from 1976 onwards (Strela team availability).
Following what I have stopped the original SPW Co (slot 1OO3) at 12/1975.

But since the difference is minimal and it comes down to SAM availability, I think both formations could coexist until the end.

Otherwise I mainly added things, and tweaked only slightly the begin dates of some units. A big part of the end dates are fixed anyway

AAMOF I have quite few info on formations, but I may have a further look in time coming, if that counts for an official upgrade.

Best regards Andy,

Plasma
Old November 29th, 2006, 07:40 AM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

Did you remove the T-62s as well? East Germany never had them in their inventory. I got a very detailed book about the NVA - they also had only some 24 or so BMP-2s, for example - I don't know if they exist in the SPMBT OOB...
Old November 29th, 2006, 01:33 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,872 Times in 1,220 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Shan said:
Did you remove the T-62s as well? East Germany never had them in their inventory. I got a very detailed book about the NVA - they also had only some 24 or so BMP-2s, for example - I don't know if they exist in the SPMBT OOB...
Any actual cites for the unavailability of the T-62 in the East German army?. A bald statement unless backed up by some facts cannot be relied upon, I am afraid.

Ditto for the BMP-2. However 24 BMP-2 is enough to allow its remaining in the OOB, but the radio code might then need changing to X3 to stop any AI buy.

As to "I don't know if they exist in the SPMBT OOB... ", simply opening up Mobhack and searching on BMP will find it in oh, about 10 seconds

cheers
Andy
Old November 30th, 2006, 02:52 PM

Corporal

Shan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Mobhack said:
Any actual cites for the unavailability of the T-62 in the East German army?. A bald statement unless backed up by some facts cannot be relied upon, I am afraid.

Ditto for the BMP-2. However 24 BMP-2 is enough to allow its remaining in the OOB, but the radio code might then need changing to X3 to stop any AI buy.

As to "I don't know if they exist in the SPMBT OOB... ", simply opening up Mobhack and searching on BMP will find it in oh, about 10 seconds

cheers
Andy
Here you go--- I was not at home when I posted yesterday so I didnt't have the source or the game ready to check,,, you may forgive me... but I do have a source, and a very good one in my opinion, see below. And, by the way: You are asking me for my source on the non-availability of T-62s and the limited number of BMP-2s... fair enough--- but then, as a conclusion from your statement above, I would call it a bit naive to include T-62s in the OOB of just about any Soviet client state per se, with a motto like 'Let them have T-62s unless someone can prove me wrong',,, as they were 'standard-issue' - without any source? In fact, as you undoubtedly know, the T-62 was in much less wide-spread use when compared to the T-55, and many armies upgraded their T-54s and T-55s until the T-72 arrived, without ever receiving T-62s.

Alright, here's my source:

Kopenhagen, Wilfried: Die Landstreitkräfte der NVA, Motorbuch Verlag, Stuttgart; 2. Auflage, 1999; ISBN 3-613-01943-4

This book was written as the third part of a series on the armed forces of the German Democratic Republic, all of them being very detailed and highly recommended (in German, of course). The author himself served in the NVA as an officer and later he became a journalist for a military journal.

Some information as required: (my translation ;-)) "Altogether, only 24 BMP-2 were in the inventory, all of them with the 9th Armored Division. Initially, the Soviets had difficulties with meeting the delivery schedule, due to the high demand for Afghanistan, while from 1987 on, the NVA was not interested in any further BMP-2s. It was intended to transition to the BMP-3 directly, which had become available in the meantime." (page 135, together with a 2-page colour photo of NVA Grenadiers dismounting from a BMP-2).

Some sample data from the total inventory:

As of summer 1990 , the NVA had 549x T-72, some 1969x T-55 (various versions, the latest being 319x upgraded T-55AM2B), 24x BMP-2 (since 1985), 926xBMP-1SP2, 187xBMP-1P, 12xBRM-1K, 545xMT-LB, 54xPT-76, 123xZSU-23/4, 958xSPW-70 (=BTR-70), et cetera, et cetera...

The book also offers phased in-service dates and origins of almost any system in the East German army, including all kinds of vehicles and weapons, and even the most rare engineer equipment or self-made modifications of older systems.

While I am willing to make some contributions to this great game, I do, however, not have the time to spend ages on producing a correct OOB for East Germany - and, I admit, I am not so concerned with such details anyway - if I play East Germany I just won't use them T-62s

cheers,
Shan