The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old December 13th, 2011, 01:54 PM

Private

rjmaclea is on a distinguished road
Default Problems Installing Enchanced CD Version

I purchased the WINSPWW2 Enhanced CD and have loaded it on my laptop. I did not use the default directory. It is installed in C:\Games\WINSPWW2. I have installed all updates through V4.5 in the correct order. Whenever I try to play the game, I get the following error message:

IpDD -> Set Display Mode ( ) failed, Code 80004001.

When I click OK, I get the following message:

DirectDraw Could Not Be Initialized, Error Code 80004001

Then the game stops working.

I have the latest version of DirectX installed on my computer and have Windows 7 installed.

Please help.

R. MacLean
Old December 13th, 2011, 04:06 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,221 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problems Installing Enchanced CD Version

The thing is defaulted to run in full screen mode at 800x600.

Your laptop seems to have problems with trying to drive a game at 800x600 (hence the Directx failure message).
So try setting:
- Game Mode to Windowed
- Screen/Window Size to Desktop

Windowed mode is the most co-operative mode (especially with vista or Seven Aero). Remember that your Windows task-bar needs to be in the default position and not set to auto-hide as described in the Game Guide section "tuning your machine", in the paragraph on Windowed Mode.

Desk-top resolution will use the natural resolution of your monitor (or rather whatever you have Windows currently set up to be).

Full-screen mode is not really needed or required in Windows vista or Seven, if you have the full game (As you have desktop mode). However, some folks want the last few pixels of the task-bar (Me I prefer to be able to see the clock and email notifications etc )!. See the sticky thread on Windows Vista And Seven at the top of the forum for details should you want to drive this (it will need a batch file run to kill Aero, and will not let you use other Windows programmes happily).

Once that is up and running then you'll probably want to play with the map scroll sensitivity zone in the Misc screen of the GameOptions launcher as described in the "Map Scroll Sensitivity" section of the tuning your machine page in the Game Guide.

The Game Guide is your user manual. to get to it, go to the Help tab of the GameOptions launcher, and press the "read The Game Manual" button. Navigation keys are displayed down the LHS of the Game guide.

Cheers
Andy