Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old June 27th, 2005, 04:22 AM

Private

Jaws43 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: obat28 Netherlands

Quote:
narwan said:
Working through the whole OB for a nation is a big task indeed. Maybe we can divide the task somewhat?

My problem is a lack of proper resources for accurate and reliable data on dutch army organisation and date's for introduction of new and discarding of old equipment. If you could point me to some good material I'll see what I can do (I'm thinking mech infantry units from 70's to 90's as a first 'objective').
Ok give me some time. I'm busy at the moment until hollyday. I will ask around when I'm at work.
Old June 28th, 2005, 07:50 AM

Private

Quote:
Jaws43 said:
Quote:
PlasmaKrab said:
Oh, and a wholly other question for Jaws43:

Have you any info about the Fennek MRAT?

I know it is supposed to fire Gill ATGMs, but is it just dismount transport, or pintle mount, or a special turret? Or has the program been cancelled altogether?
I found nearly no info on this variant, and since I ahave done new icons for the recon, utility and FO versions I would have liked to add this one too.

Thanks for any info,

Plasma
it will be 5 dismounted Gills.

Cheers
And 3x panzerfaust per MRAT vehicle. So a vehicle has 5x Gill and 3x Panzerfaust latest generation. Man I'm glad I only do the Dutch Cavalry and not the whole world
Old June 28th, 2005, 08:02 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

Vele dank!

All the better I don't have to icon a new turreted version
Quote:

And 3x panzerfaust per MRAT vehicle. So a vehicle has 5x Gill and 3x Panzerfaust latest generation. Man I'm glad I only do the Dutch Cavalry and not the whole world
These figures are the ammo loadout? I guess you don't fit 8 AT teams into one Fennek!

So this Fennek MRAT is only a carrier for the dismounted ATteam, which uses both Gill launcher and PzFst III from outside the vehicle, right? No way of firing the Gill from a ring-mounted launcher, like on a HMMWV or anything? Really? heew:

Hey, by the way, how long has the Dutch Army had Panzerfausts?
Pardon if I am not up to date, but I thought they had gone entirely to AT-4.
Old June 28th, 2005, 09:25 AM

Private

Quote:
PlasmaKrab said:
Vele dank!

All the better I don't have to icon a new turreted version
Quote:

These figures are the ammo loadout? I guess you don't fit 8 AT teams into one Fennek!

So this Fennek MRAT is only a carrier for the dismounted ATteam, which uses both Gill launcher and PzFst III from outside the vehicle, right? No way of firing the Gill from a ring-mounted launcher, like on a HMMWV or anything? Really? heew:

Hey, by the way, how long has the Dutch Army had Panzerfausts?
Pardon if I am not up to date, but I thought they had gone entirely to AT-4.

Indeed the Fenneck is only a AT carrier. 3 man do the job. It is all reorganized inside to fit.
The AT-4 is almost done and the Panzerfaust is implemented at this moment.
Old June 30th, 2005, 08:22 AM

Private

Quote:
Jaws43 said:
Quote:
narwan said:
From what year on was that company configuration? An how many ATGM'S in the platoon?

I recall that, until the early 90's at least, the PRAT's used to be combined in a company attached to battallions and that integral artilllery support was 2 sp mortars on company level and more on battallion/brigade level.

In any case it's quite different from what is available in the game as formations.
About the ATGM .. we had two dragons in a infantry platoon. About mortars and Prats.. we had a support company at battalion level with those mid '90, but was reorganized to support units at company level except for the mortar platoon. So every compgny had and have at the moment his only PRAT platoon. We reorganized so much lately I can get up the pace only for cavalry units. I can do research of course but my intent was the Dutch Cavalry OOB.
Ok here we go;
Form 1979 until 1992 our infantry batalion had
1x support company (logictics only and a recce platoon),
1x Anti tank support company (3x PRAT platoon of 4x YPR 765 PRAT (TOW) and 4x Mortar platoon 120mm of 4x YPR 765 CO and 4 drawn Mortars),
3x infantry company(3x Infantry platoon of 4x YPR 765 PRI)Im a platoon a Section (2x YPR) had 1x garl gustaf and 20x law) mid/late 1980 law was replaced by AT 4 and and Garl Gustaf by Drangon.

During that period we had also YP 408 battalions same organized but 1986 all battalions were YPR 765

1992 we combined the support company with the Anti tank company but gave the AT platoons to the company’s. So the Support company had a Recce and mortar platoon and a infantry company had 3x infantry platoon and 1x PRAT platoon.

In 2007 we will replace the YPR 765 for the CV 9035 (35mm kanon)

So we had no mixed units with AT and infantry. It was not known that we mixed these. But there could always a situation that they were combined due mission.

We used to have independed Anti tank companies until early/ mid 1980 the had 2x AMX 13 tank and 2x AMX TOW in 1 platoon.
Old June 30th, 2005, 09:32 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Jaws43 said:
Ok here we go;
1x Anti tank support company (3x PRAT platoon of 4x YPR 765 PRAT (TOW) and 4x Mortar platoon 120mm of 4x YPR 765 CO and 4 drawn Mortars),
3x infantry company(3x Infantry platoon of 4x YPR 765 PRI)Im a platoon a Section (2x YPR) had 1x garl gustaf and 20x law) mid/late 1980 law was replaced by AT 4 and and Garl Gustaf by Drangon.

During that period we had also YP 408 battalions same organized but 1986 all battalions were YPR 765

1992 we combined the support company with the Anti tank company but gave the AT platoons to the company’s. So the Support company had a Recce and mortar platoon and a infantry company had 3x infantry platoon and 1x PRAT platoon.

So we had no mixed units with AT and infantry. It was not known that we mixed these. But there could always a situation that they were combined due mission.

We used to have independed Anti tank companies until early/ mid 1980 the had 2x AMX 13 tank and 2x AMX TOW in 1 platoon.
OK - from previous feedback, all mech and motor platoons are based on a 3 vehicle organisation. I presume all (wheeled and tracked) should be modified to have an extra APC + rifle section?

we have an SP-ATGM section as part of each mech/motor coy - I presume fromthe above that this should be a full platoon of 4? (with an optional coy later on where the dismounted MRAT is used - presumably a platoon of 2 vehicles and 4 MRAT teams ?)

The rifle and marine, engineer etc leg platoons are all 3 sections as well. Should that be 4 sections (ie add one HQ/support).

Nb - if the platoon HQ is a few men, then 3 sections will represent that, with the HQ spread amongst the 3 rifle sections, as we really do not want little 4 man "HQ unit - please kill me!!" instantly-recognisable units !

In other words - the leg rifle platoon and company (and any differences for say the marines) would be handy to know, if the differ from the OOB.

One other query - will dragon be replaced by Spike-SR in the mech platoons at some point, or is dragon to continue as the short range ATGM?.

if Spike-SR will be the replacement - what date, and presumably it will be called the "SRAT" as Spike-MR(AKA Gill) is the MRAT ?

I plan to finish off the modified Dutch OOB today or tomorrow - and then test it before posting for comment shortly.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 30th, 2005, 09:43 AM

Captain

narwan is on a distinguished road

Thanks! That's actually very close to the info I had.

A few questions though:

1. Carl Gustav's and Dragon's weren't used side by side in infantry platoons? Or did some have the Carl Gustav and others Dragons (for some of the time)?

2. So each platoon had (in MBT game terms) 3 inf squads and 1 at team (with either Carl Gustav's or dragon)? Did some formations have 2 at teams (dragon launchers)? (The game gives a platoon 2 launchers and my info says it varied between units).

3. The motorized (YP 408) squads also had the 20 law's (because in the game they don't anymore)?

4. The battallion recce platoon used only YPR's? Or also the M114?

5. Were those independent anti tank companies part of I corps assets or divisison/brigade assets? Btw I didn't know we had AMX's with TOW. I'll check to see if they're even in the game.

Sorry to keep you busy but I'm trying to translate your info into 'game parameters'. You can also just let me know where I can find the info and I'll do the work myself (or part of it at least ! ).

Narwan
Old June 30th, 2005, 02:27 PM

Private

Quote:
Mobhack said:
Quote:
Jaws43 said:
Ok here we go;

OK - from previous feedback, all mech and motor platoons are based on a 3 vehicle organisation. I presume all (wheeled and tracked) should be modified to have an extra APC + rifle section?

we have an SP-ATGM section as part of each mech/motor coy - I presume fromthe above that this should be a full platoon of 4? (with an optional coy later on where the dismounted MRAT is used - presumably a platoon of 2 vehicles and 4 MRAT teams ?)

The rifle and marine, engineer etc leg platoons are all 3 sections as well. Should that be 4 sections (ie add one HQ/support).

Nb - if the platoon HQ is a few men, then 3 sections will represent that, with the HQ spread amongst the 3 rifle sections, as we really do not want little 4 man "HQ unit - please kill me!!" instantly-recognisable units !

In other words - the leg rifle platoon and company (and any differences for say the marines) would be handy to know, if the differ from the OOB.

One other query - will dragon be replaced by Spike-SR in the mech platoons at some point, or is dragon to continue as the short range ATGM?.

if Spike-SR will be the replacement - what date, and presumably it will be called the "SRAT" as Spike-MR(AKA Gill) is the MRAT ?

I plan to finish off the modified Dutch OOB today or tomorrow - and then test it before posting for comment shortly.

Cheers
Andy

AGREE
only a tank platoon of a 60 tank, tank battalion had 5 tanks in a platoon. (only Centurion, Leopard 1 and leopard 1v until 1992) The leopard 2 battalions had 4 tanks in a platoon.
The MRAT platoon of a infantry company will have 6x fenneck starting this year with same load-out as MRAT vehicle recce units
And a Cheata AAA platoon has 3x Cheata and 3x stinger

we have an SP-ATGM section as part of each mech/motor coy - I presume from the above that this should be a full platoon of 4? (with an optional coy later on where the dismounted MRAT is used - presumably a platoon of 2 vehicles and 4 MRAT teams ?)

AGREE
4 vehicles in a YPR PRAT platoon
The new MRAT platoon of a infantry company will have 6 fennecks

SORRY
I can not answer this

WE DON’T have a HQ at platoon level. It is almost the same organized as a normal group of infantry. We call 1 group a group and 2 groups a section. 2 sections a platoon.

I don’t have info on marine sorry

SPIKE?? We don’t have a Spike at the Dutch Army. Only a Garl Gustaf and that was replaces by a dragon mid 1980

THE new SRAT is the Panzerfaust 3.The GILL is the MRAT

Well please send me the ORBAT and I will check. Many thanks
Old June 30th, 2005, 02:48 PM

Private

Quote:
narwan said:
Thanks! That's actually very close to the info I had.

A few questions though:

1. Carl Gustav's and Dragon's weren't used side by side in infantry platoons? Or did some have the Carl Gustav and others Dragons (for some of the time)?

2. So each platoon had (in MBT game terms) 3 inf squads and 1 at team (with either Carl Gustav's or dragon)? Did some formations have 2 at teams (dragon launchers)? (The game gives a platoon 2 launchers and my info says it varied between units).

3. The motorized (YP 408) squads also had the 20 law's (because in the game they don't anymore)?

4. The battallion recce platoon used only YPR's? Or also the M114?

5. Were those independent anti tank companies part of I corps assets or divisison/brigade assets? Btw I didn't know we had AMX's with TOW. I'll check to see if they're even in the game.

Sorry to keep you busy but I'm trying to translate your info into 'game parameters'. You can also just let me know where I can find the info and I'll do the work myself (or part of it at least ! ).

Narwan
1. We used to have a short period were both were used in a platoon in he mid 1980's

2. No each platoon has 4 infantry groups with same organisation. As post above we call a group a group, 2 groups a section and 2 sections/ 4 groups a platoon in all our units with exception named above.

Only the R/A section (2x YPR 765 PRI )have a dragon team and the E/B section had a dragon team) We had a short period the Garl Gustaf and Dragons.

3. Yes they had same organisation as YPR units.

4. At tank and infantry battalions they had YPR from 1979 until now. Look at first post of difference between recon units.
Since 1992 all recce platoons are the same. 7x YPR 765. 1 platoon commander and 3x a section of 2x YPR 765 PRI

5. At brigade level

Also the AMX TOW was replaced by YP TOW in early 1970

I don’t mind as long as the game gets better

You will not find this info on internet so just ask

http://gaf.zeelandnet.nl/yp408/
Old June 30th, 2005, 02:56 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Spike-MR is/was also known as "Gill" -
http://www.defense-update.com/directory/spike-mr.htm

Spike-LR is now simply called "spike", was also called NTD it seems..
http://www.eschel.co.il/dui/directory/spike-lr.htm

seems the manufacture changed the names? - it's confusing, anyway

ah! - there appear to be 4 variants of Spike, looking at the rafael page:
http://www.rafael.co.il/web/rafnew/products-use.htm

Spike-SR,MR,LR and ER

(I have not looked into the details)
Cheers
Andy