Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old February 12th, 2024, 02:24 AM

Private

Christocipher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Free Elevation tanks

Oh no thats alright I am going to try to change it myself in the Mobhack but thanks for answering.

Yes thanks for all that information mobhack and I will try to do things for myself in mobhack instead of posting here and I understand the different numbers make things work differently in the game.

But what I am trying to find out is what accuracy and rangefinder and firecontrol are in the tank not how changing them effects the game. So then when I go to put in free elevation using mobhack I will know what things to change.

So can someone please check for me if I have this right?

Stabilizer is for a tank with a stabiliser equipment if you dont have a stabiliser you get a 0. So thats pretty clear to me. Got it.

Thanks Mobhack for saying Fire control is for the gun mounting, and the turret is part of that mounting so turret turn rate is included. So then in Mobhack would I be about right if I did it like this? For a gun with no gearing for elevation or traverse like a bow MG then fire control of 0, for a gun with just traverse gearing and no elevation gearing fire control of 1 and for a gun with traverse and elevation gearing a fire control of 2? something like that?

Rangefinder is a bit tricky to me still though. I dont know any tanks that have one but they all get a rangefinder number, so not like stabiliser where no stabiliser gets a 0 because if you dont have a rangefinder you still get a number. So can I ask is that rangefinder number including the gun sight or maybe binoculars or something as well as a rangfinder if the tank had one?
So for example would it be right in Mobhack to give a tank with a 1 times magnification gunscope a lower rangefinder value than a tank with a 10 times magnification gunscope?

I think I did work something out on my own. That the rangefinder, fire control and stabiliser numbers are all on the tank. But the accuracy is on the gun. So thats makes sense to me now because the stabiliser, gun mounting and gunsight are all on the tank. So would I be right if I changed the accuracy numbers for tank guns based on speed of the shell? because if the shell is really fast it goes pretty flat which makes it accurate and if it goes slow it goes in a big arc which makes it less accurate?

Oh no I dont need to know how the code works that is silly hard.
Old February 12th, 2024, 07:08 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Read MOBHack help

Fire Control - This affects , especially against moving targets. Values over 99 are fire control radars, with 101 being better than 100. Field changes colour if AAA radar is issued. AAA radar is only worthwhile for AA units, obviously - SP SAM, AA guns, SP AA guns. SEAD aircraft seek out units with active AAA radar - there is no EMCON in SP. Anti-radar missiles may destroy the radar, if not the firer. (As a reference point, 5 was used as a maximum in WW2 data - e.g. king Tiger )

Range Finder - This makes hitting targets easier, especially for firers who did not move. 14 is the level for laser range finders, use 6 for the ranging coaxial rifle calibre MG as used in UK tanks, or 8 for a ranging .50 MG as used in Chieftains. Use around 6 to 10 for optical range finders as in the M48/M60/Leo 1. values under 5 tend to be used for WW2 type tank sights. For reference - 4 was generally the max value in SP 1 (e.g. panthers) barring some specials (e.g. 8 for the Nashorn, which used a stereo optical range finder of artillery observer type).

Stabiliser - this allows the unit to move and still keep a fire control solution (target lock) on its current target (if any) - and reduces the effects of own firer movement. Larger is better. Units with high FC and RF can engage slow moving helos with AP shot. (Almost anyone in range can shoot at hovering helos).

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 13th, 2024, 06:33 AM

Private

learning learning learning I hadnt found that mobhack help that is very good information that I was looking for.

So for me with just mobhacking ww2 tanks if I want to do one with free elevation then I will just change the fire control down a bit and nothing else. If I want to have a tank commander standing in the turret with a proper rangefinder I will change just the range finder value to 8. Is that right?

So I did not think of the ranging MG. That is another good one tracer. But I did find something else funny. It says in the help, use 6 for the ranging coaxial rifle calibre MG as used in UK tanks. and then I saw this in the help, 4 was generally the max value in SP 1 (e.g. panthers) barring some specials (e.g. 8 for the Nashorn, which used a stereo optical range finder of artillery observer type). Looks like maybe the British tanks with 6 value range finding might have got it by mistake because they all just have the same sort of sights and coaxial MGs as all the other shermans of that time. And I cant find anything on the internet about ranging coaxial rifle calibre MG being used in UK ww2 tanks. The tanks with a 6 for rangefinder are tank numbers 301 and 302 and 304 and 151 and 154. 141 has a 5. So maybe those bad boys are breaking the rules
Old February 13th, 2024, 11:57 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

That write up in MOBhack Help is written to cross over both WW2 and MBT... the info is common to both MOBhacks "I cant find anything on the internet about ranging coaxial rifle calibre MG being used in UK ww2 tanks" means NOTHING because that info was written for both games and that was written as a guideline for OOB developers NOT a carved in stone that "only ranging coaxial rifle calibre MG get 6"

You got this from the Brit OOB didn't you???

"301 and 302 and 304 and 151 and 154. 141 has a 5"

If you are going to write things like that you need to include which of the DOZENs of nations in both game it refers to

There are 13,105 units in SPWW2..........have fun.

How long have you actually been playing this game?? 6 months ?

You will find things new or confusing no matter how long you play it.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; February 13th, 2024 at 12:11 PM..
Old February 14th, 2024, 07:42 AM

Private

Yes thats right about 6 months. I never saw a game before that is so complicated and has soooooooooooooo much stuff to choose from, Amazeballs. So I am going into all the funny stuff you will never see anywhere else and having fun with that stuff. So Im trying to understand what all the things in mobhack are in real life so I can use it good. So Im just trying to find out why a few ww2 British tanks got a 6 rangfinding number so I can understand how to set rangefinding right in Mobhack.

Oh Im not competely sure about the Developers But thanks for that I will read it now like it is for all time not just ww2, sorry but I researched on the internet all about ranging machine guns and I could not find anything about rifle caliber machine guns being used for ranging ever in any country or in any time. As far as I can research the ranging guns are always fifty cals, never thirty cals. So where it says about rifle caliber ranging machine guns should get a six. I think that rifle caliber ranging machine guns never existed. So that might be a problem I thought.

So I saw in the UK OOB those tanks, and those tanks are the same as all the other shermans so I thought someone must have thought they has a rifle calibre ranging machine gun, because there rangefinding is 6, but I think that cant be because I think rifle caliber ranging machine guns never existed. I looked at those tanks as close as I could on the interent and they arent different to any of the other shermans so I cant work out why they get the rangefinding of 6 with just a normal CMG. IF there is another reason that would help me to know it. They are the Sherman IIA, the Sherman Hybrid, the Sherman Hybrid IC, the Sherman Tulip, the Centurion Mk 2 and the Centurion Mk 1.

I could find stuff on the Centurions. Centurion got a fifty cal ranging machine gun but not until about 1955. Centurion Mk 1's 20mm Polsten gun might be for ranging I guess, dont know. But no mention any where of Centurion Mk 2 Besa being a ranging machine gun.

I will try better to give more information in my messages.
Old February 14th, 2024, 02:08 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Free Elevation tanks

The issue with the RF on a number of Sherman tanks has been dealt with. That has existed as far back as I can check ( 2004......DOSv7.01 ) and LIKELY was inhereted data from the original SSI ww2 OOBs. The issue was corrected when MBT was being developed but for any one of 1000 reasons that fix was not applied to WW2 ( likely because ATT we were busy juggling flaming monkeys trying to get MBT out the door

And there it sat until you found it and it has now been corrected in the dozens of WW2 units that the error has propagated to in about a dozen OOB's

So....ATTABOY...... now don't get too carried away with error ferreting.....we are REALLY busy with the work we had planned to accomplish this year and I cannot afford to go into these multi hour long inverstgates of details overlooked by tens of thousands of players for over TWO DECADES

OK?

Last edited by DRG; February 14th, 2024 at 02:15 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 15th, 2024, 04:57 AM

Private

Oh good sorry to make so much work I will think very carefully if I post again so any work is very extremely little, I think I now know maybe just enough about mobhack to do some things in there.

I hope you can make your work play balance good I hope your project goes real swell.

So please dont answer this question DRG can someone else maybe explain how it would be best to do this in Mobhack?

While I was looking so closey and longley at those Shermans and before I forget, I noticed that a lot of people say that the early 17pdr sabot was wildly innacurate after about 500m because the sabots didnt seperate properly off the core shell. So If someone has some spare time and is an expert in Mobhack I am hoping that they can please tell me what changes I would make in mobhack to do that? Thats if it can be done I guess.l