The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 7th, 2008, 12:00 AM

Sergeant

Dogboy is on a distinguished road
Default seeking advice about how to handle a bug (as host)

I am hosting SEV on PBW, v1.74 + Balance Mod v1.14b. My unarmed scout entered a wormhole. On the other side were my opponent's fighters. I received a combat report, but it would not load. And, according to the combat detail, all fighters were killed! My scout went on its merry way without a scratch.

When I went into combat simulator and simulated the battle, the fighters were set to ram my ship, and they all died without penetrating my organic armor. So, this is a conceivable explanation. Is it the case that the combat simulator uses the orders that were assigned to a ship?

For future reference, is there anything I can do, as host, to address bona fide bugs? Can I re-run the turn on PBW? What, in general, is the best policy for dealing with bugs? I hate to re-run turns, and even if I do, this may not cure the problem. But, I also see that it could be very frustrating to be the victim of this bug. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, DB
Old July 7th, 2008, 04:08 AM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: seeking advice about how to handle a bug (as host)

Although you can't see them I think enemy designs do use the other players ship strategy in tests. If you have organic armour then I suspect that if by chance his fighters were spread out and attacked one by one your ship could regenerate the damage caused. Also all the armour would regenerate afterwards I think.

By the way, I may be wrong but I suspect strangely enough that we are in the same game, except that I haven't seen such a battle. I am using alot of ramming fighters against an enemy with organic armour.
Old July 7th, 2008, 08:26 AM

First Lieutenant

se5a is on a distinguished road
Default Re: seeking advice about how to handle a bug (as h

Sending the savegame and a description of the bug (in this case, not being able to load the combat replay, looks like you've already figured out what happened to the fighters) to se5(at)malfador.com