.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Closed Thread

Old April 7th, 2010, 04:14 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Call for Captains

Sombre, I cautioned about know-it-alls, who think they own these forums, and have a license to insult others. Everyone can clearly see what I mean. Your right though, perhaps I was a dolt, thinking you might actually have some good intent and I guess I could not really fathom how idiotic and childish a player would have to be to post such things. I'm not whining about your foolish attacks, just pointing them out. Can you think or come up with something more than silly sarcasm? But you have succeeded partly in forcing me to drop down to your level and that itself is a shame.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).

Last edited by Septimius Severus; April 7th, 2010 at 04:22 PM..
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:14 PM

BANNED USER

Trumanator is on a distinguished road

You know, I can honestly say that I've never seen a more egotistical set of posts than your recent ones here sept. Congrats.

Oh, and since the best and usual defense to libel accusations is the truth, I'll just point out that sombre is telling it.
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:32 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Ah the old appeal - 'everyone can see how right I am'.

This being so, the vets will start coming out the woodwork to defend Sept's honour and join his game.

Oh and before you start that other familiar tune about people coming in here and ruining a constructive thread, I should point out you brought it on yourself with your dishonesty. If you're going to deliberately quote someone completely out of context to endorse a game, after he told you explicitly "I would never recommend your games to anyone", be prepared for him to hold you up as either a liar or troll.
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:34 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanator View Post
You know, I can honestly say that I've never seen a more egotistical set of posts than your recent ones here sept. Congrats.

Oh, and since the best and usual defense to libel accusations is the truth, I'll just point out that sombre is telling it.
You mean the advertising posts? That is what this thread was intended for.

-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:35 PM

BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimius Severus View Post
Quote:

Ummm, no. The fact that you can't tell what I'm talking about just further goes to show how inflated your ego is.
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:46 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ummm, no. The fact that you can't tell what I'm talking about just further goes to show how inflated your ego is.
Hmmm, well I generally thought it was only Sombre who had some difficulty understanding the difference between good natured advertising for advertising's sake and egomania and the difference between legit posts for information and discussion purposes and advertising. Trumanator, you should know me better. But feel free to keep posting on this thread, I've never been one to shy away from controversy. Give me the best ya got.

Old April 7th, 2010, 05:00 PM

BANNED USER

Well if you really want it...

Quote:
Well, what do you know. I can even take a sarcastic and mean-spirited quote from yourself and use it for constructive purposes. Isn't that something?

Now hurry and join NaV II. We have leaderless noobs waiting for your "visionary" leadership. If I don't deliver the best team game experience you've ever had, and if you don't have the greatest time you've ever had in any game, I will retire from admining and hand off the admin of game 3 to someone else. That is my guarantee. And I stand behind it.
First, instead of apologizing for your blatant intellectual dishonesty, you wallow in it, proclaiming how incredibly clever you are for thinking of it. You then deliver a hilarious speech that would be the envy of any chop-shop salesmen, complete with meaningless guarantees.

Quote:
Intellectual dishonesty? Ha. If there is any of that going on it must be on your part Sombre and your being dishonest with yourself (perhaps hiding a begrudging admiration for someone who tries to create something unique). Chaining together mods in tiny team dueling duo games and calling it unique is not the same as the many diverse elements of NaV II, which does differ significantly from much of the standard fare one usually finds listed here on Shrapnel. But anything that is different and unique should be applauded even such games.
You then follow up sombre and Graeme's posts with this gem. Tell me, how does one even type bull**** like "perhaps hiding a begrudging admiration for me" with a straight face? If this isn't evidence of an ego the size of the Empire State Building then I don't know what is. Not to mention the self congratulation that you engage in regarding your supposed valiant efforts to be an iconoclast.

Quote:
Sombre, I cautioned about know-it-alls, who think they own these forums, and have a license to insult others. Everyone can clearly see what I mean. Your right though, perhaps I was a dolt, thinking you might actually have some good intent and I guess I could not really fathom how idiotic and childish a player would have to be to post such things. I'm not whining about your foolish attacks, just pointing them out. Can you think or come up with something more than silly sarcasm? But you have succeeded partly in forcing me to drop down to your level and that itself is a shame.
Finally, you here resort to the "others are mean to me" defense. Of course, the only problem with this defense is that it requires the poster to really be worthy of saving, which is manifestly not the case here. Notice that you haven't gotten any positive feedback or others leaping to your defense.

Quote:
Hmmm, well I generally thought it was only Sombre who had some difficulty understanding the difference between good natured advertising for advertising's sake and egomania and the difference between legit posts for information and discussion purposes and advertising. Trumanator, you should know me better. But feel free to keep posting on this thread, I've never been one to shy away from controversy. Give me the best ya got.
You know, most good natured advertising doesn't misrepresent the facts. As for "knowing you better," believe me, knowing you better does not at all help people's opinion of you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Trumanator For This Useful Post:
Old April 7th, 2010, 05:57 PM

First Lieutenant

13lackGu4rd is on a distinguished road

I have no intention getting in between you folks but I must say something here Sept.

Quote:
yes Sept, this is the main problem, in case you haven't noticed. 1 thread is enough, no need to make 5, yes 5! and in 3 different forum sections(general, MP and Maps+Mods)! seriously, I have no idea whether advertising is actually forbidden here or not, but even if not than it's nothing less than sheer spam... your NaV thread is enough, everybody interested comes there, be them a newbie or an experienced player who wishes to be a captain, no need to make new threads for "recruiting captains" and your even more ridiculous ones in the other forum sections...

oh, and while I'm at it, please stop hinting towards your NaV game in almost every post you make, even in totally unrelated threads such as others' MP game threads. even though I'm willing to try your game out I'm starting to get sick and tired of seeing NaV everywhere around these boards, no matter where I look, and I'm sure others here have already lost their patience with you long ago, which is why they're so hostile towards you.

so please, do us all a favor and ask the mods to merge all these threads into your original NaV thread in the MP section(if you want, or just ask for deletions for those you don't want) and please stop asking for attention about NaV everywhere you post.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 13lackGu4rd For This Useful Post:
Old April 7th, 2010, 09:48 PM

Colonel

Ballbarian will become famous soon enough

Septimius,
Quoting Sombre out of context like that was just begging for a response. Don't get yourself drawn into a crap slinging session as it is not worth the time. In the future, I would limit your game to a single thread, maybe two at most. (One for recruiting and one for the actual game.)

Sombre,
Contrary to what you might think, it is not your job to moderate these forums. If you would like the job, please contact the admins. In the meantime, let Septimius present his game in peace and let the players make up there own minds. If you continue to harass him or any other forum members like this in the future, I will make your life a living hell.

That said, I love you both. Play nice and go to your rooms.

Thread locked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ballbarian For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread