This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old September 4th, 2006, 08:36 PM

Private

Noah_Vaile is on a distinguished road
Default That Motorcyclist bug: Very helpful, thank you.

Okay. We all know that occasionally the Kraftrad will pick up fresh movement points after you manually rally them. I am experiencing something new and different, it has happened at least twice in this past turn.

I am playing Germans (clearly, Kraftrads, right?) and it is May, 1943, fifth or sixth battle of a long campaign, in the desert against the Brits. My Kraftrad blows up a Cromwell and kills an infantry unit, then it gets shot up, losing a man and going from seven to six, it retreats and gets nearly its full movement back, allowing it to get to true safety.
Old September 5th, 2006, 09:43 AM

Colonel

PDF is on a distinguished road
Default Re: That Motorcyclist bug: Very helpful, thank you.

It's an heroic Kraftrad, everything's possible !
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:29 AM

Private

ueauvan is on a distinguished road

kills a tank and a squad? id fire the Brit co
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:53 PM

Private

Yes. I find these little 'killer angels' to be quite able to fly about the battlefield, killing as they go. They do tend to be a bit vulnerable to enemy fire and need to have their manpower checked regularly and withdrawn before they get too weak. But for killing beaten down enemy infantry, and of course the 'panzerhandmine' allows them to kill most armor without too much trouble, they can't be beat. I usually team them up with an armored car, it beats down the enemy infantry from two or so hexes, then the kraftrad finishes them off. Great for clearing off a battlefield before taking that final victory hex. Also excellent for recon (of course, their raison d'etre) and can lay in wait on the side of a road, in advance of my main force, ambushing enemy armor and simply reinforcing a defensive line as a highly mobile reserve. That ability to garner additional MPs really comes in handy.....

Oh yes- the Brit company was eliminated, not merely fired....
Old September 14th, 2006, 02:57 PM

Private

vic is on a distinguished road

If you like bikers, try mobhacking yourself some dismountable types. Clone a truck with the MC icon and speed. These become REALLY good mobile reserves as dismounted the infantry is not as easily shot up. Of course while "mounted" on the MCs rifle fire is not possible but it probably wouldn't be very effective from a moving MC anyway. Just give your MC "carrying" clone a LMG or MMG to represent one mounted on a sidecar. The downside is they can't use any weapons (e.g. AT) while mounted but this is probably also a tad more realistic too.

After you create your new unit(s) don't forget to recalculate the cost!

Best,
Vic
Old September 15th, 2006, 01:59 PM

Private

I do not understand mobhacking although I do understand what you are talking about. I really have no idea about how to go about it. Given that: A few questions....
1) Wouldn't these, as infantry, effect that heavy MP detraction factor when remounting?
2) After sustaining a few losses, would they be able to pick up a crew from a destroyed vehicle? This would mean that one or more unmanned motorcycles kept pace with the rest of the unit????
3) While rifles and handgrades/at weapons could not be used two machine guns would really up the fire power, they wouldn't really need the rifles at all. (Cheater cheater!!) (Clearly not a question.)
4) Doesn't each MC actually represent two men, driver and sidecar machine gunner? I don't recall ever seeing an mg mounted on an MC but rather on the sidecar.
I really like the motorcyclists and would like to build such units. I like the ones in WW2 better than those in SPWAW because these are more versatile. I do wish they had their unit strengths visible at all times as that would make their deployment a bit easier.