.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old October 18th, 2004, 08:27 PM

Corporal

Kelan is on a distinguished road
Default Jotunheim: Niefelheim AAR

I figured I would finally work on an AAR as I once hinted I would do quite a while ago . I took a little break from Dominions 2 for a couple months during the summer, but am back playing a lot and figure I will try to write one before I possibly get wrapped up into WoW when it comes out.

I just upgraded to Version 2.14 of Dominions from 2.11 so this will have some impact and some things I will have to adjust to. I also have enabled some mods for the first time and am going to use Zen’s 1.72 Version of the Pretender mod and his 1.4 conceptual spells mod. I also enabled Unwise’s flag mod from Illwinter’s site and copied in some new skins. Hopefully I will run into some interesting pretenders and see how this may impact how the game plays out.

For background, I have only played single-player so far so it may show in how I play the game. I am fairly skilled and have won before against Impossible Ais and beat Easy Ermor as part of a game, so I am at least somewhat competent .

NATION/PRETENDER:

I will be trying Jotunheim:Niefelheim for this AAR and it will be the second time I have tried them. I have been successful with Man and Arcoscephale in the past and once before with Niefelheim and would like to try them again.

For pretender I will be trying a Son of Niefel with 4 Air, 5 Water, 3 Order, 3 Cold, 2 Growth and 6 dominion. I will use the standard 80 pt castle with 40 admin. I have yet to try Air with Jotunheim and have used Earth a lot with Water, but I want to see how effective the Alteration buffs in air are on a pretender as a SC. I normally take Production and Luck to get Angerboda, but want to see how Growth works out and see if it can help with income later on in the game. I have yet to try Growth as a scale in my games in the past. I set my pretender name to Vaklidun, a name which I used back in my DAoC days in Midgard, and he is ready to go. All praise Vaklidun, God of Order, King of Rivers, Prince of Illusion and Masquerade.

MAP/SETUP:

For map I am going to try Zen’s Cradle Map v1.4. I have completed a game to the end on Parganos once and really enjoyed it and tried to get a couple games going on the original Cradle map, but didn’t continue for various reasons… once being due to some weird path/retreat pathing between provinces. I am hoping Zen’s new Version I will have better luck with.

For the game I have enabled 12 total nations with myself and 11 Impossible AI s. It is recommended to use 8-10 nations, but with using 2 water nations there should be plenty of provinces to go around with 220+ total. I will use Abysia, Atlantis, Pythium, C’tis, Arcoscephale, Caelum, Marignon, Vanheim, R’lyeh, Mictlan, and T’ien Ch’i. I will avoid Ermor for this game due to the ability of the AI to play them so well. It is a fun challenge, but I just played against them in my Last game and it was mostly just me and Ermor in the end game along with Ulm. I would rather combat some other nations in this game. I will also be trying to complete a game with underwater nations for the first time, and hopefully I will follow through this time .

The rest of the settings will be:
Starting Provinces: 1
Indep. Str.: 7 (seems to be the best to use for a good game against the AI)
Special site freq: 50
Normal richness
Common Events
Enabled graphs (should show some interesting info later in the game)
Hall of Fame to 15
Standard research
Standard victory (in case I want to play to the Last province)
Renaming allowed

GENERAL STRATEGY:

I intend to use armies of a couple Niefel Jarls with quickness and breath of winter along with a few Niefel Giants and small Groups of Jotuns. Eventually I will outfit the Jarls with equipment and hope they can take on anything that comes along.

Later on I hope to get some blood economy going and summon some ice and maybe arch devils, wraith lords, and later complement my armies with some arch angels and assistance with Ghost Riders late game. I will try to look for other rituals I have not tried in the past to see how they work also during the game and try to add some summons that have been helped in the latest spell mod.
Old October 18th, 2004, 08:39 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Jotunheim: Niefelheim AAR

TURN 1:

Hugin is my starting Jotun Herse
Starkader is my Jotun Scout

Vaklidun is set to research Alteration with his 11 RPs

I plan to get Alteration 2 and maybe 3 for Quickness, Mirror Image, and Mistform, then go for Const 4 for making some clams, wraith swords, and other items.

I start in the NE corner of the map, which will help me in defense later in the game. I will scout W and S and determine which way I want my 1st main army to go first and send my 2nd army later in the other direction.

I recruit a Jotun Scout to send S and save the rest of my gold for recruiting a Niefel Jarl next turn.

Mercs:

Mercs available are Victor’s Villains with 10 men for 30 gold. Mercs are fun to use, but I will have my hands full just trying to get enough gold to form my first armies and get some research going so will only grab some mercs if someone like Orion comes along. I normally like to form my own armies and avoid mercs for the most part anyway plus I tend to forget them a lot and don’t re-hire when necessary.

Provinces:

J (207) Yldemir – Capitol
I (208) Farsen Forest - Forest
I (218) East Farsen Forest - Forest
I (202) High Yldemir - Forest
I (195) Oeversee – Forest

It looks like all surrounding provinces are forests, which should give me some decent resources for my capitol to draw from and some good sites with hopefully good nature gem income. I hope to have enough to forge rings of regeneration to prevent my giants from getting afflictions too easily and later plenty of bags of wine to keep my giants happy.

I send Starkader to (218) to check one of the nearest provinces. He will then continue on to the West and hang out around the nearest chokepoint to watch for enemy movements. My new scout I am recruiting will head South and monitor activity there.

I set the tax rate to 130 for a bit of extra gold and set Hugin to patrol with his 8 axemen.

Thinking ahead, I do some comparison between the Jotun Spearman and the Huskarl w/spear. I normally recruit only Spearmen, but will consider using the Huskarl and its lesser resource cost if I am in need of more units in a hurry plus the improved morale won’t hurt.

I have taken screenshots of my starting map position and the pretender list to see what pretenders I am up against and to notice the nation flags.

I will attach those here if I can get it to work properly . Hopefully these files aren't too big. I may have to try to get Gimp going to try to reduce the file size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 304420-Pretender_small.jpg (46.7 KB, 102 views)
Old October 18th, 2004, 08:47 PM

Corporal

It looks like I can only attach one file per message, so put the pretender list there and will attach the map file to this post.

TURN 2:

I will try to set a common order of events to make it a bit easier to read and follow this AAR. I will try to adhere to this order: Turn starting statistics, Messages, Battle results and comments, Merc report, Province report (after tax/unrest is adjusted for the turn), Recruiting, Troop movements, Forging, and Research.

Provinces: 1
Treasury: 598
Income: 208
Upkeep: 21
RP Total: 11
Forts: 1
Temples: 1
Max Dom: 6
Converted Prov: 3

Research
Conjuration:
Alteration: (+11)
Evocation:
Construction:
Enchantment:
Thaumaturgy:
Blood Magic:

Gem Income
Fire:
Air:
Water: 6 (+3)
Earth:
Astral:
Death: 4 (+2)
Nature:
Blood:

~ Patrolling troops in Yldemir have killed 6 filthy brigands and trouble makers.
~ Caelum has appointed a Storm General named Vidhisravah as its prophet.

Vanheim has recruited Victor’s Villains
Ferdinando’s Footmen are now available, 30 men for 160 gold.

For province reports I have printed out quite a few extra spreadsheets to track dominion, defender counts, income, resources, population, tax and unrest per turn. I will use these to try to track certain trends and to hopefully draw some interesting information during the game. In the past, I normally use two standard spreadsheets to write turn info on while playing the game to track information and may try to attach them later if people think they may be helpful. One has 25 turns on a page and tracks per turn # of provinces, treasury, income, upkeep, RP, total forts, total temples, max dominion, converted prov, research levels, gems and gem income.

Provinces:

Owner Dominion (#) Name – Terrain – Defenders or Province Info Tax/Unr (Pop, Inc, Res, Sup) Note: I am only going to track Province info ( ) every 5 turns or so. I will put the defenders of a province in ( ) when a scout is present in the province to see if this helps at all.

J=Jotunheim, I=Indep.

J 2 (207) Yldemir – Capitol – 100/0 (29560, 208, 80, 409)
I 1 (208) Farsen Forest – Forest – 70 Militias/Archers/Light Infantries
I 0 (218) East Farsen Forest – Forest – (50) Woodsmen/Woodsman Blowpipes
I 0 (202) High Yldemir – Forest – 40 Barbarians
I 1 (195) Oeversee – Forest – 70 Barbarians

I set taxes back to 100 for Yldemir as I have had bad fortune in the past when I try to tax high for more than one turn… unrest goes up, income goes down, and I lose valuable resources.

I recruit a Niefel Jarl for 500 gold and 60 resources and have 98 gold left. I normally make this Jarl my prophet, but since he is normally in melee, he doesn’t get a chance to fully utilize the 4 Holy. This time I am going to recruit a Jotun Gode next turn to be my prophet and let him sit in the back in battle and cast Divine Blessing and Fanatacism to keep my troops in battle. I think this will work out better overall and also allow the Niefel Jarl to not lose so many hit points fighting in enemy dominion later on.

I send Starkader the scout to (208) and my new scout Tunne to (202). It appears that (208) has 1 Death already as a scale so perhaps there is a death site there. Starkader will continue on West each turn and Tunne to the South. I figure whatever direction has the nearest enemy I will send my first army toward to try to secure as many provinces early as possible. I will my send my 2nd army in the other direction. Another thing I am realizing is my position is nice and far from the water, so I won’t be harassed early by R’lyeh or Atlantis .

Vaklidun will continue researching Alteration with his 11 RPs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 304424-Map 001.jpg (83.2 KB, 113 views)
Old October 18th, 2004, 08:50 PM

Corporal

I will try to update at least a turn a day, but I only have a couple hours after work to play each day and I am realizing this takes a while . I will see what I can do, though.
Old October 18th, 2004, 09:14 PM

Corporal

TURN 3:

NOTE: RP Total and research additions listed at beginning of turn summary is the status of both when the turn ends.

Treasury: 268
Income: 219
Upkeep: 38
RP Total: 31
Converted Prov: 5

Research
Conjuration:
Alteration: 1(+31)
Evocation:
Construction:
Enchantment:
Thaumaturgy:
Blood Magic:

Gem Income
Fire:
Air:
Water: 9 (+3)
Earth:
Astral:
Death: 6 (+2)
Nature:
Blood:

~ Alteration 1 completed.
~ Pythium has made the Patriarch named Bartholomeus its prophet
~ C’tis has made the Lizard King named Ishkur its prophet
~ Angerboda the Great Hag appeared at the gates of your Castle

!!! Holy cow! I didn’t even take luck and got her already. My Last game under Luck 1 it wasn’t until probably turn 25 or so before she showed up as my first hero. She is a 3S, 3D, 2N, 3B mage with 13 research. This is a great surprise and satisfies many uses that I will want eventually including a 3S mage!

Ferdinando’s Footmen were recruited by Marignon.
The Elephant Corps are now available, Hannibal commands 5 men for 80 gold

NOTE: In the Province reports the Pop, Inc, Res, and Supplies will only update every 5 turns or so. I will also add a , and new defender numbers after the previous if there are new reports.

J=Jotunheim, I=Indep.

J 3 (207) Yldemir – Capitol – 100/0 (29560, 208, 80, 409)
I 1 (208) Farsen Forest – Forest – 70, (50) Militias/Archers/Light Infantries
I 1 (218) East Farsen Forest – Forest – (50), 40 Woodsmen/Woodsman Blowpipes
I 1 (202) High Yldemir – Forest – 40, (40) Barbarians
I 2 (195) Oeversee – Forest – 70, 40 Barbarians
I 0 (212) West Farsen Forest – Forest
I 0 (183) North Horslund Forest – Forest

Surprise! More forests, heheh. At least they aren’t swamps .

Gotvid is my new Niefel Jarl. He is a 3W, 2D, 3H fighting machine.

This turn I recruit a Jotun Gode for 200 gold and save the remaining 68 gold. It will be a couple turns before I move out so I may as well save on a little upkeep and hold the gold to recruit the rest of my first army.

I send Starkader the scout on to (212) and Tunne to (195)

Vaklidun, Gotvid, and Angerboda are set to research giving me 31 total RP in Alteration. At this rate I may hit Alt 3 sooner than I expected.
Old October 18th, 2004, 09:33 PM

Lieutenant General

Daynarr is on a distinguished road

Keep it up.
There is never too much AAR's.
Old October 19th, 2004, 07:50 PM

Corporal

TURN 4:

Treasury: 243
Income: 222
Upkeep: 44
RP Total: 31
Converted Prov: 7

Research
Conjuration:
Alteration: 1(+31)
Evocation:
Construction:
Enchantment:
Thaumaturgy:
Blood Magic:

Gem Income
Fire:
Air:
Water: 12 (+3)
Earth:
Astral:
Death: 8 (+2)
Nature:
Blood:

~ Vanheim has made the Vanjarl named Hogne its prophet

The Elephant Corps was recruited by Marignon.
Obscuro the Hidden master is now available for 50 gold.

I like to take mercs for paths I don’t normally have, but my pretender now has air this game so I will pass on Obscuro this time.

J=Jotunheim, I=Indep.

J 6 (207) Yldemir – Capitol – 100/0 (29560, 208, 80, 409) 25 Def
I 1 (208) Farsen Forest – Forest – 70,(50),60 Militias/Archers/Light Infantries
I 2 (218) East Farsen Forest – Forest – (50),40,40 Woodsmen/Woodsman Blowpipes
I 1 (202) High Yldemir – Forest – 40,(40),60 Barbarians
I 2 (195) Oeversee – Forest – 70,40,(40) Barbarians
I 1 (212) West Farsen Forest – Forest – (80) Barbarians
I 1 (180) Suddeir Down - Plains
I 0 (183) North Horslund Forest – Forest
I 0 (216) Frostwater – Mountain
I 0 (205) Aeros River – Mountain

Maybe I will try to color code the provinces later on with Argitoth’s new color codes. I will save that for a later turn, though. It looks like a lot of barbarians are nearby. Those can hurt.

I would like to recruit some mages, but 250 gold is the cheapest for Niefelheim so I will have to wait until my 1st army is formed. This turn I recruit 1 Niefel Giant and 1 Jotun Spearman. This takes all but 8 of my resources and leaves me 63 gold for next turn.

Freke is my new Jotun Gode and I set him to become my prophet.

I leave Starkader the scout for one more turn in (212) to get more information on the large number of barbarians there. I may have to go South in my expansion first due to this roadblock. I send Tunne the scout South to (183).
Old October 19th, 2004, 07:53 PM

Corporal

TURN 5:

Treasury: 240
Income: 222
Upkeep: 45
RP Total: 13

Research
Conjuration:
Alteration: 2(+13)
Evocation:
Construction:
Enchantment:
Thaumaturgy:
Blood Magic:

Gem Income
Fire:
Air:
Water: 15 (+3)
Earth:
Astral:
Death: 10 (+2)
Nature:
Blood:

~ Alteration 2 is completed.
~ Abysia has made the Demonbred named Togaric its prophet.
~ Jotunheim has made the Jotun Gode named Freke its prophet.

Victor’s Villains were recruited by Marignon.
The Elephant Corps appears to be gone… I never did trust those elephants .
Obscuro the Hidden Master was recruited by Pythium.
Gynter Blukraft’s Sonnenkinder is now available, 30 men for 150 gold.

J=Jotunheim, I=Indep.

J 6 (207) Yldemir – Capitol – 100/0 (29750, 222, 80, 438) 25 Def
I 3 (208) Farsen Forest – Forest – 70,(50),60,30 Militias/Archers/Light Infantries
I 2 (218) East Farsen Forest – Forest – (50),40,40,60 Woodsmen/Woodsman Blowpipes
I 1 (202) High Yldemir – Forest – 40,(40),60,40 Barbarians
I 4 (195) Oeversee – Forest – 70,40,(40),30 Barbarians
I 2 (212) West Farsen Forest – Forest – (80),(70) Barbarians
I 1 (180) Suddeir Down - Plains
I 0 (183) North Horslund Forest – Forest – (50) Militias/Light Infantries/Archers
I 0 (216) Frostwater – Mountain
I 0 (166) Horslund Forest – Forest

I actually like that there are many good site provinces nearby to start this game. Hopefully it will allow me to get some good gem income going early and the income levels also seem to be decent. Also, these forest provinces seem to be a great population level (most are about 7k) for blood hunting and being so near my capital and in the corner of the map should allow my growth scale to help offset the pop decrease and keep the hunters safer.

I recruit another Niefel Giant and 1 more Jotun Spearman.

I send Starkader the scout on to (216) and Tunne the scout to (180).

Vaklidun with his winter wolves (1 per turn while in cold province), Gotvid with the 8 Jotun Axemen, 1 Jotun Spearman, and 1 Niefel Giant and Freke my Jotun Gode prophet head to (208) to attack. This seems to be the easiest surrounding province and should have around 45-50 defenders based on the reports. Hugin the Herse will stay behind to bring more troops to the next province.

I set the Axemen, Spearman, and Giant in the middle of the placement area with hold and attack nearest orders. Vaklidun is set at the rear top scripted with Quickness, Breath of Winter, Air Shield, attack closest. Gotvind will cast Quickness, Breath of Winter, attack closest and is set at the rear bottom. Freke is set to cast Divine Blessing, Fanaticism, and (cast). It is my hope that my giants will absorb any missile fire with their shields until buff spells are cast, then all will meet the charging enemy at about the same time.

Angerboda will continue to research Alteration with 13 RPs.
Old October 20th, 2004, 05:45 PM

Corporal

TURN 6:

Provinces: 2
Treasury: 259
Income: 240
Upkeep: 52

Research
Conjuration:
Evocation:
Construction:
Enchantment:
Thaumaturgy:
Blood Magic:

Gem Income
Fire:
Air:
Water: 18 (+3)
Earth:
Astral:
Death: 12 (+2)
Nature:
Blood:

~ There was a battle in (208) Forsen Forest.

Battle Results: There are 28 Militia, 15 Archers, 7 Light Infantry, and 3 Commanders. It looks like my scout was right on with his report of 50 defenders. I figured that Vaklidun and Gotvid would move out to attack at the same time, but Gotvid moved a turn earlier. I guess I figured on turn 2 that Vaklidun would cast BoW and Air Shield and Gotvid would cast BoW and wait until turn 3 to attack and that its movement would be done since it casted at least one spell in round 2, even though he would have had quickness. It seemed that Gotvid attacked turn 2 in the replay.

The battle still went well, however, even though Gotvid charged ahead and fought alone for a couple turns. The archers continued to target my axemen and spearman even though my two main commanders were far ahead of them as the battle went on. In the end I had no losses and Vaklidun and Gotvid escaped without any afflictions and landed in 3rd and 4th in the Hall of Fame. Gotvid got the heroic quickness skill for his reward.

At the start of the battle, Vaklidun’s stats were 198 Hps, 14 Prot, 30 Morale, 19 MR, 4 Enc, 31 Str, 15 Att, 19 Def, and 16 Prec. Not too bad with no equipment after dominion strength is up some. I will try to get him and Gotvid to attack at the same time next battle and not get so far ahead to get surrounded so easily.

Ferdinando’s Footmen were recruited by C’tis
Obscuro the Hidden Master is gone and seems Pythium sent him to an early death.
Gynter Blukraft’s Sonnenkinder is still available, 30 men for 135 gold.

J=Jotunheim, I=Indep.

J 4 (208) Farsen Forest – Forest – 70/11 (7280, 34, 32, 126) 5 Def
I 2 (218) East Farsen Forest – Forest – (50),40,40,60,40 Woodsmen/Woodsman Blowpipes
I 2 (202) High Yldemir – Forest – 40,(40),60,40,30 Barbarians
I 4 (195) Oeversee – Forest – 70,40,(40),30,50 Barbarians
I 3 (212) West Farsen Forest – Forest – (80),(70),30 Barbarians
I 1 (180) Suddeir Down – Plains – (20) Heavy Infantry/Heavy Cavalry
I 0 (183) North Horslund Forest – Forest – (50) Militias/Light Infantries/Archers
I 0 (216) Frostwater – Mountain – (40) Light Infantry/Militias
I 0 (166) Horslund Forest – Forest

I set province defense to 5 for my new province. I would like to get it to 10 at least before possible remote province attacks, but should be okay with 5 for a while.

I recruit another Niefel Giant and 1 more Jotun Spearman. I will try to recruit as many giants for my first army before they head off South. Then, I hope to be able to afford some mages for a few turns.

I send Starkader the scout on to (205) and Tunne the scout to (166).

My main army will continue on to (218), another surrounding capitol province. I add Blessing to the end of Gotvid’s script hoping it will synch his attack up with Vaklidun. Hugin takes the newly recruited Jotun Spearman and Niefel Giant and joins the battle in (218).

Old October 20th, 2004, 07:01 PM

Corporal

TURN 7:

Provinces: 3
Treasury: 273
Income: 288
Upkeep: 59
Converted Prov: 9

Research
Conjuration:
Evocation:
Construction:
Enchantment:
Thaumaturgy:
Blood Magic:

Gem Income
Fire:
Air:
Water: 21 (+3)
Earth:
Astral:
Death: 14 (+2)
Nature:
Blood:

~ Caelum has declared war on me.
~ Hugin the Jotun Herse was struck straight in the heart by an arrow. He survived but got an ugly wound.
~ Arcoscephale has made the Hero named Anthromachus its prophet.
~ T’ien Ch’i has made the Prince General named Hou Tu its prophet.
~ There was a battle in (218) East Forsen Forest.

Ugh, I hate that seeking arrow spell (I assume that is what hit me). How did they know where I was?

Battle Results: There are 26 Woodsmen, 18 Woodsman Blowpipes, and 1 Druid. I realize the enemy are all ranged units and I should have changed my giant units to attack right away. Also, Gotvid ends up casting Quickness and Breath of Winter in the first round, decides not to cast Blessing and attacks right away in round 2. I suppose this is because my Jotun Gode cast Divine Blessing in round 1 and Gotvid was already blessed and the heroic quickness allows him to charge off again on his own, heheh. With his 44 AP, he gets to the Woodsmen in a hurry. The blowpipes appear to be 2 AP damage with paralyzing poison and precision 0. It doesn’t appear that any of my units are hit with it, though. The sole druid casts sleep a lot also to no effect. I end up routing the enemy again with no losses and no afflictions to my commanders.

Gotvid ends this battle with 96 fatigue and the wraith swords will not come soon enough. I better get construction going soon. He has also taken over 1st place in the HoF.

Gynter Blukraft’s Sonnenkinder was recruited by Marignon
The Brave Breakers are now available, Grom Brave Breaker commands 30 men for 150 gold.

J=Jotunheim, I=Indep., Mg=Marignon

J 5 (208) Farsen Forest – Forest – 100/0 (7280, 34, 32, 126) 5 Def
J 2 (218) East Farsen Forest – Forest – 70/15 (9680, 45, 30, 196) 5 Def
I 2 (202) High Yldemir – Forest – 40,(40),60,40,30,50 Barbarians
I 5 (195) Oeversee – Forest – 70,40,(40),30,50,50 Barbarians
I 3 (212) West Farsen Forest – Forest – (80),(70),30,60 Barbarians
I 1 (180) Suddeir Down – Plains – (20) Heavy Infantry/Heavy Cavalry
I 1 (183) North Horslund Forest – Forest – (50) Militias/Light Infantries/Archers
I 0 (216) Frostwater – Mountain – (40) Light Infantry/Militias
I 0 (205) Aeros River – Mountain – (30) Militias/Archers/Heavy Infantry
I 0 (166) Horslund Forest – Forest – (40) Barbarians
I 1 (165) Tolk – Farm Lands
I 0 (152) South Horslund Forest – Forest
Mg ? (146) Vorgunmarsh – Swamp
I ? (193) Upper Skelde – Farm Lands

I finally find my nearest opponent, Marignon. It appears that my initial decision to go South first will work out well. I will try to secure as many provinces as I can before Marignon moves North.

I set province defense to 5 for (218). I will try to remember to take a new map screenshot and add province numbers on the next turn I play (which is up to 10 now) to try to make it a bit easier to tell where each province is.

I recruit another Niefel Giant and 1 more Jotun Spearman. I like to have a group of 3-4 Niefel Giants along with 8-12 Spearmen/Axemen for this first army I want to send off to the South. I notice that Druids are now recruitable in (218), but I will need to build a temple and lab first. They are 140 gold each and are 2N 2H mages. This is quite an investment early on and the research gain is minimal (35.7 gold/RP for the Skratti and Gygja and 35 gold/RP for the Druid). I didn’t notice whether Druids were sacred or not though for the reduced upkeep. Either way, I decide to wait a bit before trying to recruit some and with seeking arrows starting to fly it may be good to recruit giant mages for my research so they can survive them. It will be a nice vine ogre factory province possibly later on in the game, though.

I send Starkader the scout on to (193) and Tunne the scout to (165). Tunne will get a report on (165) and (152) and then hang out near the border of Marignon to track its movements.

My main army will return back to my capitol before heading South as that is the only way to go.