.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old August 27th, 2009, 12:08 PM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some thoughts on EA Pangaea with CBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeff View Post
I'd also suggest Reinvigoration as the last spell instead of Relief.
Doh
I actually meant Reinvigoration rather than Relief...

Reinvig resets all the fatigue gathered until that point, minus the fatigue from the spell itself. Thus if a communion master astral mage would continue casting, the fatigue could become a problem (as he will be at Astral magic +3 due to the communion and PoS the AI will attempt to cast something silly knocking the Pans senseless immediatly).

Then again, four pans casting Charm the scripted three times have a pretty decent chance to grab the SC. If not, poo will hit the fan anyway, although the AI seems to be pretty keen on casting Charm with high-nature mages.

Hellpower has a chance to summon a horror, yes. Which was why I suggested the Astral mage to cast astral geysir (as it puts a two-point horror mark on the targets -> spawning horrors will go for the highest horror mark).
Old August 27th, 2009, 01:23 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Hellpower will astral mark all the mages involved in a communion. And I think you will need several castings of horror mark to exceed the marking from hellpower.

Personally, if it was just a small number of SC's I'd gamble on the charm working and ending combat before the horrors show.

OR

What can be fun is Ritual of returning bringing your entire communion back - but leaving berserk maenids...

And pray the horrors show...
Old August 27th, 2009, 03:40 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispedersen View Post
Hellpower will astral mark all the mages involved in a communion. And I think you will need several castings of horror mark to exceed the marking from hellpower.
Astral geysir does a two point horror mark (if the geysir just hits), and it seems to be more than enough to draw the horrors. At least I've had an Astral geysir cast on my pretender while the opponent had a hellpower communion going, and the first horror that spawned went straight for my pretender. So did the next two too who spawned, and although the pretender survived the fight, he didn't survive the doom horror that came for a visit afterwards

It's been well over a year since I used the hellpowered communion, but I don't seem to remember the hellpowered pans getting horror marks, just the chance to spawn horrors. Although the horrors spawn near to the hellpowered mages, and if there is no horror marked toons on the field, they seem to attack the closest thing (which then immediatly gets a horror mark, unless croaking of the first hit). Need to test in SP if my memory is failing that bad (wouldn't be the too suprising if that was the case).
Old August 27th, 2009, 06:29 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko View Post

It's been well over a year since I used the hellpowered communion, but I don't seem to remember the hellpowered pans getting horror marks, just the chance to spawn horrors.
It does horror mark as well.
Old August 27th, 2009, 11:46 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum_mechani View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko View Post

It's been well over a year since I used the hellpowered communion, but I don't seem to remember the hellpowered pans getting horror marks, just the chance to spawn horrors.
It does horror mark as well.
See, my memory *is* getting worse. I *knew* there would be consequences when one lives more than four decades