This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old December 21st, 2014, 02:48 AM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

As platoon sergeant TerHorst said in basic training forty years ago. You can bomb it. You can sterilise it. You can shell it. But you can't call it YOURS until you can send a rifleman to sit on it.

troopie

(just a rifleman who was sent to sit on it by the okes in Pretoria)
Old December 21st, 2014, 09:35 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Which is why, in the game, aircraft don't flip V-Hexes and neither does arty ( but if you try to take them without the support there will be far fewer riflemen to sit on them )
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old December 25th, 2014, 03:34 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

Well my Luftwaffe friend Steve had just sent me this on his latest flight operation I'm assuming over the Baltic region as Germany is in the rotation for flying interdiction ops in that area. He's the one who let me post the East German pictures he took as a MiG-29 pilot in this thread. Also posted is a picture of what he's flying these days...yeah it's a rough living I guess.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Merry_X-mas_2014.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	13366 Click image for larger version

Name:	Aircrafts_Bundeswehr_Eurofighter or what Steve flies..jpg
Views:	84
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	13367

And something for the future and a project I've put off for years as a taste, probably the most advanced F-5 variant flying today...
Click image for larger version

Name:	AIR_F-5BR_Brazil_Embraer_lg.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	13368

Santa has cleared my area now, so too all a good night!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old January 21st, 2015, 01:30 PM

Lieutenant General

Have to answer a ? on the quick-back to work-anyway this deals with Albania apparently based on some information I came across it looks like they grounded their jets around 2005. This second/third source is of the "gun-slinger" category however they do support the first source.
http://airheadsfly.com/2015/01/01/al...ength-in-2015/
http://www.xairforces.net/airforces....4#.VL_hQizSMng

Airheads one is not to bad a source/second though I've seen it is less familiar to me. The very first source given is solid.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old January 21st, 2015, 03:44 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,439 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Further confirmation......"The Albanian Air Force is a sole rotary air arm since 2006".........http://airheadsfly.com/2015/01/01/ov...ian-air-force/
Old January 22nd, 2015, 03:29 AM

Lieutenant General

As I think about hitting the rack I do so with a smile on my face. It would seem I beat JANE'S in analyzing the F-35 situation and Suhiir has already made the changes in her OOB to reflect it. Victory is ours!!! And to JANE'S I simply say... with lots of droll!!! Before I get further behind the "8 Ball" let me just enjoy this one and share it with Suhiir for hanging with me on this one. Even right down to the date...OK...OK I'll stop now!?!
http://www.janes.com/article/48184/f...ration-in-2014

Well that felt good, in reality we just committed first around the time or just before the below article on the USMC commitment to reach the IOC date. Generally IOC means if all goes well the first operational SQD. will be mission ready. However full operational status could still take up to 2 years after IOC is reached. We just felt we could "pull the trigger first" based on the information we had up to Nov. this past year so I guess that still means we...well never mind I'll sleep good tonight thinking about the "decision tree" anyway.
http://www.janes.com/article/45266/u...s-on-f-35b-ioc

See pages 16 & 17 this Thread.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 22nd, 2015 at 03:55 AM..
Old January 22nd, 2015, 11:06 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Also makes sense to get the F-35B version fully tested first because it the primary variant they have non-domestic orders for.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old January 25th, 2015, 04:46 AM

Lieutenant General

India was to have pulled off one of the largest single purchases of fighters in history with the MMRCA Program which I believe I started posting on about 3-4 years ago in this thread. It had initially involved the following candidates EUROFIGHTER, FA-18E/F SUPER HORNET, F-35, RAFALE and JAS GRIPEN. The winner was the RAFALE well sort of maybe and probably not. Remember the Indian MOD also had the wonderful 30+ year ARJUN tank program and gave me and by default Don about a good two or three year headache as well (And I still have not finished with them yet.). So who are likely the real winners here? The Indian Sukhoi SU-30MKI the joint T-50/PAK-FA and yeah I did emboldened the GRIPEN well, that's because Brazil has [b]signed the contract[b] for the latest JAS GRIPEN as one of the largest export fighter deals now and it fits the niche of being considered the only true 4th Generation + fighter in the world. What that means in theory is only the F-22 (Which it is.) F-35, T-50/PAK-FA are better. The new JAS GRIPEN is easily on par with the EUROFIGHTER and RAFALE as it is a larger fighter with increased payload as well. so in order I hope of the above...
http://www.janes.com/article/47850/i...a-cancellation
http://www.janes.com/article/48232/i...fgfa-programme
http://www.janes.com/article/47115/r...ak-fas-by-2020
http://www.janes.com/article/47805/h...dian-air-force
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/...program-04179/

And with all the talk we've had of the F-35 this is the latest from NAVAIR and as Suhiir and I have cleared up hopefully in this Forum when it comes to everything that fly's for the USN/USMC if they don't say it's so well it just isn't so then. With that in mind this is the latest from them on the F-35 and note the date.
http://www.navair.navy.mil/index.cfm...sStory&id=5766

It least for what we "think" is happening we still have JANE'S and DID (And a couple of others.) to let us know what's going on, they kinda reminds me of those "silly" French soldiers in a certain Scottish Castle mocking King Arthur (NAVAIR) in that knowing way of "we have it and know what's going on" and if you know what I'm talking about here then you remember what those "silly" French soldiers did to King Arthur!?! But Andy how did they ever get into Scotland to take the castle in the first place!?!

Anyway off to the rack to get some sleep to finish the work week off. Take Care and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Regards,
Pat

Old January 26th, 2015, 02:33 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

Basically testing is proceeding more-or-less as planned.
Bugs and teething issues are being found and worked out.
It took about 4 years (1970-1974) between the time the F-14 Tomcat first flew and it's initial deployment with a US Navy squadron. And it was designed by and for the US Navy, and only the US Navy. Far fewer hoops to jump thru and people to please.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old February 9th, 2015, 03:25 AM

Lieutenant General

SOFTBALL #3...CANADA/F-35A/NONE/ADD/In doubt currently accessioning airspace requirements and budget concerns./
Regards,
Pat

Ahem................... type CF-35 into mobhack search when in the CDN OOB and you'll find 4 units

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!------SORRY PAT.. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A REPLY NOT AN EDIT. I tried going back to save your work but it was gone by the time I realized what I'd done

Last edited by DRG; February 9th, 2015 at 08:15 AM..