This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 27th, 2005, 09:57 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Starhawk is on a distinguished road
Default OT: My Life\'s dream is one step closer!

Hey all I just wanted to say hat because of your guys inspiring words about my "From the Begining" Story I've decided I am finally going to start work on one of my life's dreams and write a real book.

I intend to continue writing the current story until it is complete to help me sharpen my writing skills but thanks to your words I think I've finally got the confidence to start a novel series.

As some of you may know (I know Kerensky does as he's my Best friend in RL) I wrote this story to polish the Icarans as well as my writing style and so I'd like to tell you guys what my goal is:

I intend to write a series called "The Rise of Man" which will take place in an alternate history wherein the Icaran Empire exists the main background to them will be an Expanded version of the background I've given you, and the first story will actually take place at the very dawn of the Space Age in their world my plan is as follows;

Book One:
The Dawn of Space Travel: This story will take place at the very dawn of the Icaran world space age (1892 AD) and will confront the issues that mankind as a whole, Icara as a nation, and obviously several main Characters would face with such a dramatic change in the destiny of mankind. As well as how it shapes the world to come.

Book Two:
The Divine Right: This story will deal with the Icaran Empire's Fall in the Sol system and explain how they were driven from Terra and why. As well as their early years of colonization on Icara and Brandenburg

Book Three:
Refounding the Empire: This book will take place in the early twenty- fifth century and confront the Trials the Icaran people face as they step out once again into space, it will not be a "war story" and for the most part won't have space battle kind of action, and will focus even more on Icaran culture and their beleifs and fears.

Book Four:
To Conquer the Stars: This book will focus on the more "action packed" portions of Icara's refounding their Empire, it will also focus on the good and bad of Icara's goals and actions.

Of course those are just summaries I would obviously put much more story elements behind it once I actually begin writing, but I beleive that a "dynastic" approach to the story would be both refreshing and unique as it would explain the entire Histroy of an Alternate history of Earth and humanity.
And unlike Star Trek's "Terran Empire" these people would not be a bunch of aemoral plotting scheming SOBs as a rule lol. Though it will have a lot of action in the series I want it to mainly be about the people and the cultures involved.
Anyway does this sound interesting to any of you guys?

"If men build things to look like our penis such as towers and ships does that mean female achitects represent women having penis envy?"
A line that made me chuckle, I can't remember where I heard it I just know it made me laugh.

"I'm not really a slapper....I mainly punch and gouge."
Tammy Lee my kung fu instructor/sifu's daughter when asked if she ever slapped a boy for saying something nasty to her.