Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 27th, 2023, 11:18 AM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Germany OOB 16: miscellaneous comments

Icon's for Me232 are already done in this set

https://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51060

Meaby they are not exactly in scale which will be satisfactory in size to others big gilders like Hamilcar but fit to size of aircraft icons

They were also planed to be used in air landing near Baku to support Caucasus offensive 1942 and to support Stalingrad. Both this operations never happens like this described before.
I think this Big gilder deserve his place meaby in Blue OOB because all this operations were might to be use were cancelled but there was one where they where used in battle
Sea and air landing Operation Beowulf https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Beowulf in 1941 on Estonian islands Saaremaa, Hiiumaa and Muhu. There according to book published in 1973 in Polish People Republic "Bitwy Morskie" [Sea Battles] after fall of small island Muhu attack start on biggest island in archipelago Saaremaa there in 13 of September 1941 were two air-landings of German paratroopers in the middle of island to attack defenders of island on eastern beaches from behind. One unit was in power 500 men and second around 100 and this bigger was accompanied by small number of Me 321 gilders which take heavier equipment (probably AT/artillery guns with tractors)