World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old September 2nd, 2023, 05:44 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great game

Units in a trench may run away from known nearby enemy (say within 2-3 hexes) at thier turn end if the formation morale breaks - but usually they will just cower there. Trenches are safe spaces!

If you want an enemy infantry unit to immediately skeddadle from a dug in position (or rocks, shell holes etc) - then suppress it till it cannot reply to an approaching unit nearby that you don't fire (so it has its full MP remaining) then move that up when the enemy is thoroughly neutralised* and shoot it in the face from 50M. If your approaching unit does take fire - rally it before firing so it is more effective, and less likely to panic fire effects.

You want the enemy unit to retreat 1 hex out of the cover, so it becomes a normal unit out in the open. Once in the open, it loses the morale benefits of the trench and is subsequently dealt with normally.

Of course, the unit you try to move up to blast him at point blank range may well find a previously hidden enemy. Or you move a vehicle up to do the 1 hex hose-down and then find an RPG team nearby that has an opinion on the matter. But that is war...

*Neutralised. Unable to reply effectively - either its so badly pinned that it does not even attempt shoot the approaching unit, or if it does, has little chance of making a hit. Or better yet, it is already in retreat or rout status from the fire of your units that are "shooting in" the approaching unit - which you can see if you hover the mouse over it in the game.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old September 3rd, 2023, 04:04 AM

Private

Christocipher is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Great game

Hey thank you for your answer but I still can't get people to move more than one hex in a trench can you tell me what I'm doing wrong
Old September 3rd, 2023, 09:06 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christocipher View Post
Hey thank you for your answer but I still can't get people to move more than one hex in a trench can you tell me what I'm doing wrong
Lets go back a step.

WHICH POST says you can move 3 hexes ?...... Quote the post number and the line. YOU are the only one mentioning units moving three hexes in a trench

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old September 4th, 2023, 06:16 AM

Private

My badI will put more thinking into my posting. Dion in post #28 says you can move normal movement in trenches as long as you stay in the trench. But I can only get one hex at a time. I thought it would be a good idea if people could move 6 hexes in a trench because at the bottom they are smooth and you don't have to crouch down. The other thing I said was I thought it would be good if people could take no kills when they are pinned or maybe retreating in a trench because they would be lying in the bottom out of sight. I said that because I like the idea that infantry can hide in trenches and foxholes until the tanks go away but now you can always kill all the troops in a trench from even a long way away.
Old September 4th, 2023, 07:13 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

Watch some of the combat footage from Ukrainian, the fighting in the trenches is slow, bloody, and brutal and the same as in WW1. There is no fast moving in trenches.
Old September 4th, 2023, 01:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,443 Times in 2,699 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Keep in mind this is a trench and each segment of it is 50 meters long which isn't that much when you are walking down your driveway on a nice sunny day but the trench will not be straight, it may have water in it making movement slower and in reality there may be twists and turns in it that don't show in the game. Now pack troops into it and you want them to move. It's not going to happen like it would out in the open. Thne factor in they may have to move past other troops that are not under orders to move or obstructions like ammo boxes etc

In the clear movement for infantry is 3. Three is too much. We had the choice of allowing 2 hexes of movement or one. We choose one

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old September 5th, 2023, 06:58 AM

Private

Hi Jovs66 I mean moving in trenches not fighting in trenches. Hi DRG yes water but duckboards as well and sometimes they would be dry. I think the fire steps and nooks dug to keep out of the rain give a spot for people to get out of the way. Doesnt the game already have a movememt penalty for going in the same hex as other people or ammunition dumps, but anyway even with just one squad in the trenches with noone to get past they can still only go one hex. Yes they are zig zag but I think when they make them they think about building them for moving troops around quicky because there would often be a need to do that like when they take out all the people in them for rest and put in new ones. Didnt they also go into underground hidy holes when they were shelled and had to quickly get back to the MGs as soon as the shelling stopped. Or maybe even harder they took the MGs with them and had to get them back to the firing place quick. Then they need to bring up ammunition to the MGs quick as well. Communication trenches I think are straighter and clear and are for moving people quickly. I just saw that impassable is one hex per turn so in a trench I thought maybe it could be quicker than that because you can run around in them single file and no one can shoot at you.